Author Topic: What are you having for dinner? 4.0  (Read 19352 times)

Offline sarahc

• Sarah
Re: What are you having for dinner? 4.0
« Reply #960 on: August 07, 2020, 09:53:27 pm »
Spaghetti and an Italian sausage.

Sarah
----
48 years young.
Known that I am trans since...forever.
First therapy session / decided to transition / hair removal: October 2018
HRT: January 2019 (journal https://www.susans.org/forums/index.phpVF/topic,244009.0.html)
VFS: September 2019; three-month report here
Full-time: April 2020
FFS: August 2020
SRS: January 2021

Offline SoCal_Holly

• Multi-Pass
« Reply #961 on: August 08, 2020, 03:59:47 am »
Board game Saturday so we are making chicken and steak fajitas for everyone.

Offline ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
  • No act of kindness, however small, is wasted.
« Reply #962 on: August 09, 2020, 07:12:27 pm »
Yesterday, more chicken!

Plus ice cream!

Chrissy
Always be kinder than needed.  Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that your speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

Offline ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
« Reply #963 on: August 09, 2020, 07:12:57 pm »
Today, fasting.

Chrissy
Always be kinder than needed.  Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that your speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

Offline sarahc

• Sarah
« Reply #964 on: August 09, 2020, 07:24:23 pm »
Leftover spaghetti and sausage.

Sarah
----
48 years young.
HRT: January 2019 (journal https://www.susans.org/forums/index.phpVF/topic,244009.0.html)

Offline SoCal_Holly

• Multi-Pass
« Reply #965 on: August 09, 2020, 09:55:58 pm »
Tonight grilled Lamb chops, string beans With oyster sauce, scalloped potatoes.

Tomorrow for gaming leftover chops with pasta salad.

Offline ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
« Reply #966 on: August 11, 2020, 05:01:18 pm »
Monday, fasting.

Offline ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
« Reply #967 on: August 11, 2020, 07:15:21 pm »
I decided to eat something and the first thing that came to mind was an ice cream cone, so I made it so!

I may eat something else too!

Chrissy

Offline Maddie

• Family
« Reply #968 on: August 11, 2020, 07:27:29 pm »
Spaghetti squash and sardines

Offline ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
« Reply #969 on: August 12, 2020, 07:01:52 pm »
A little bit of chicken.   :)

Chrissy

Offline sarahc

• Sarah
« Reply #970 on: August 12, 2020, 09:20:43 pm »
Mini chicken cheesesteak on a hot dog bun.

Sarah
----
48 years young.

Online davina61

• The ramblings of an old dear
« Reply #971 on: August 13, 2020, 01:25:17 pm »
Sweet potato dahl with the last of black eyed beans. Now I have a 1/2 bag of spinach to use!!
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever

Offline ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
« Reply #972 on: August 13, 2020, 05:01:33 pm »
It is early but I am thinking of some more chicken.  Maybe chicken wings?  I need to finish off some frozen chicken wings.  I have not generally been pleased with the low quality of frozen then heat them up wings.  But restaurants probably often use frozen chicken wings.

It is in the preparation too, I know!

Chrissy

Offline sarahc

• Sarah
« Reply #973 on: August 13, 2020, 10:54:32 pm »
Egg on grilled toast. I had a milkshake as an appetizer. It is my birthday so I don’t follow rules on my birthday.

Sarah
----
48 years young.

Offline Maid Marion

« Reply #974 on: August 14, 2020, 08:07:41 am »
I use a tiny 1 liter deep fryer for cooking for one.  It is perfect for small stuff like chicken wings.
I set it to 350 degrees and monitor the temperature with a non-contact IR cooking thermometer.

Marion

Online davina61

• The ramblings of an old dear
« Reply #975 on: August 14, 2020, 12:17:12 pm »
1/4 pound burger with sweet and sour butternut squash and some green beans from mums garden, sliced a mushroom and chucked that in the pan with burger.
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever

Offline Devlyn

• The Forum Administrator
  • devlynmarie@susans.org
« Reply #976 on: August 14, 2020, 02:46:44 pm »
I was on kitchen cleanup detail tonight.  :)

Courgette/serrano soup, a couple fish sticks, some fries, and a piece of quesadilla.
Veteran, US Army

Offline Maid Marion

« Reply #977 on: August 14, 2020, 04:35:17 pm »
Spaghetti with meat sauce for one in the Summer.

Cook 2oz of spaghetti in water seasoned with salt for 8minutes in lightly boiling water.  I use about 1inch of water in a 1 quart Pyrex dish.  Drain water of spaghetti in a colander. No need to use more water.

Brown 3oz of hamburger and 1oz of spicy Italian sausage in a small skillet.  Be careful not to burn the meat as small skillet gets very hot if you aren't careful. When the pink is gone, spoon away excess grease . Turn off heat and add pasta sauce and Parmesan cheese.  When the sauce is at the desired thickness, remove from stove and use it to top the pasta. Enjoy! 

No leftovers and minimal heating of the kitchen when the weather is hot. Splurge on good pasta sauce if you can afford it. Pasta sauce constantly goes on sale.  Stock up on the good stuff.  It is better from a food safety standpoint to cook small quantities to avoid having food constantly passing through the "danger zone" of 40F to 140F.  I keep the meat in the freezer until a day or two before I need it.  Then it goes into the refrigerator.

Marion

Offline ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
« Reply #978 on: August 14, 2020, 04:55:38 pm »
It is still early but I was hungry so I decided to make some of my cheesy peas to see if that might be enough.  We shall see!

Chrissy

Offline ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
« Reply #979 on: August 15, 2020, 07:03:42 pm »
Steak and potato.

Chrissy

Tags: