General Discussions > Spirituality

Conflicted feelings.

<< < (4/6) > >>

BlueJaye:
Hi, James,
How are you doing this week? I hope all is well.

JamesM:

--- Quote from: BlueJaye on November 04, 2019, 06:34:27 am ---Hi, James,
How are you doing this week? I hope all is well.

--- End quote ---
Hey,
You know, same old same old. I have been putting off making the appointment for the therapist, but I've been putting off pretty much everything. I just can't find the motivation to do anything. It's really frustrating. I've been using the minoxidil for a few weeks now... haven't noticed any results, but noticing some side effects. And one of the side effects listed was fatigue, but then I had a lack of energy before I started it too. Partly why I was hoping I could be on t by now to possibly balance that out. Apparently you might not even see results for 6 months. I'm tempted to just quit, but I know I'll regret that. Whatever I decide to do, I feel compelled to see it through to the end.

Anyway, thanks for asking.

Sarah-Red:

--- Quote from: JamesM on November 05, 2019, 01:11:07 pm ---Hey,
You know, same old same old. I have been putting off making the appointment for the therapist, but I've been putting off pretty much everything. I just can't find the motivation to do anything. It's really frustrating. I've been using the minoxidil for a few weeks now... haven't noticed any results, but noticing some side effects. And one of the side effects listed was fatigue, but then I had a lack of energy before I started it too. Partly why I was hoping I could be on t by now to possibly balance that out. Apparently you might not even see results for 6 months. I'm tempted to just quit, but I know I'll regret that. Whatever I decide to do, I feel compelled to see it through to the end.

Anyway, thanks for asking.

--- End quote ---

I put so much stuff off too for quite a long time. Medication can take time to affect the body, but if it's important to you, then it can be worth it. I don't know what kind of therapist you have, but maybe they could help you with some of your feelings. The ones I saw weren't really that great for me, but they still helped me put a few thoughts together, and I guess in a way I had to be there for myself and try to understand my own feelings. And I'm glad I did since I'm the best person to listen to my heart :P

nue:
When I first started taking the idea of being a trans woman seriously, the first thing I was thinking was how to reconcile that with my faith, not just for me, but to defend myself against all my conservative Christian friends and family who would no doubt have serious reservations accepting me for who I am.

I found a great book on Audible, and it was like having a huge weight off my shoulders immediately.  The book is called Transforming, The Bible and the Lives of Transgender Christians by Austen Hartke. The book alternates between analyzing scripture dealing with transgender people (or as close as the Bible gets) and sharing stories of several  people who have all had different experiences within the Church.

Unclobber, Rethinking Our Misuse of the Bible on Homosexuality by Colby Martin was also great, since sexuality was also a question for me. Also, I'm sure it will come up when I come out anyway, so it's nice to have more knowledge to cover all the angles.

It has alleviated a lot of anxiety for me knowing everything I learned in these books. I still have lots of hurdles to get over in figuring myself out, but it's great that my faith isn't one of those anymore.

Hope this helps and good luck!

JamesM:

--- Quote from: Sarah-Red on November 05, 2019, 03:42:39 pm ---I put so much stuff off too for quite a long time. Medication can take time to affect the body, but if it's important to you, then it can be worth it. I don't know what kind of therapist you have, but maybe they could help you with some of your feelings. The ones I saw weren't really that great for me, but they still helped me put a few thoughts together, and I guess in a way I had to be there for myself and try to understand my own feelings. And I'm glad I did since I'm the best person to listen to my heart :P

--- End quote ---
The therapist I had in highschool understood me much better, but this isn't really his specialty. I was referred by my other therapist to the doctor who referred me to another therapist who said he doesn't take medicaid but will refer me to another therapist, so here's hoping I find somebody who works for me lol.


--- Quote from: nue on November 05, 2019, 06:11:31 pm ---When I first started taking the idea of being a trans woman seriously, the first thing I was thinking was how to reconcile that with my faith, not just for me, but to defend myself against all my conservative Christian friends and family who would no doubt have serious reservations accepting me for who I am.

I found a great book on Audible, and it was like having a huge weight off my shoulders immediately.  The book is called Transforming, The Bible and the Lives of Transgender Christians by Austen Hartke. The book alternates between analyzing scripture dealing with transgender people (or as close as the Bible gets) and sharing stories of several  people who have all had different experiences within the Church.

Unclobber, Rethinking Our Misuse of the Bible on Homosexuality by Colby Martin was also great, since sexuality was also a question for me. Also, I'm sure it will come up when I come out anyway, so it's nice to have more knowledge to cover all the angles.

It has alleviated a lot of anxiety for me knowing everything I learned in these books. I still have lots of hurdles to get over in figuring myself out, but it's great that my faith isn't one of those anymore.

Hope this helps and good luck!

--- End quote ---

I'll check out some of these resources, but I'm skeptical because I already know my Bible very well. I doubt they will tell me anything I haven't already heard.

Here's something interesting I learned recently though... did you know that Joan of Arc's official capital offense was crossdressing?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version