Community Conversation > Hormone replacement therapy

Laura's HRT Progress

(1/19) > >>

Laura1951:
Today marked three weeks that I’ve been on HRT, again. This marks at least the 6th time I’ve reached this point and while I’ve never gone more than six weeks before stopping, I feel more committed this time.

When I stopped HRT in late May, I was a AA cup with half-dollar sized firm buds. Over the four months before restarting, I lost some volume and the buds disappeared. Now, at three weeks, much of the volume has returned, my nipples are erect, and the buds are about 50% back.

And yet, time and patience are the key. I hope by staying the course to finally achieve an A cup or better.

Laura

Northern Star Girl:
@Laura1951
Dear Laura:
As you are painfully aware, the on again and off again HRT plan is not very expedient nor productive for seeking body changes.... but of course, more important than the HRT is your personal decision regarding your transition goals.

As you so aptly stated and the end of your comment:
"And yet, time and patience are the key. I hope by staying the course to finally achieve an A cup or better."

I wish you well with your new resolve to stay the course...
and I will be eagerly looking for you updates, and only as you feel comfortable sharing..

HUGS and best wishes,
Danielle

BlueJaye:
Hi, Laura,
I started HRT in spring of 2018 and was on and off I think 4 times until May of 2019 when I finally overcame the fear and anxiety about transitioning and committed fully to staying in HRT permanently. I just couldn’t handle going back to testosterone mode. Each time it just got worse and worse. Once I had experienced life with a female hormone balance, it made male mode seem even worse than before I started.

Before I started I wasn’t sure what I was missing, I had never experienced feeling “right”. I knew I felt wrong, but feeling right was something I had no frame of reference for. Once I experienced it, though, it was undeniably painful to go back to feeling wrong all the time.

I really hope that you can get to a point where you can be consistent with HRT. The back and forth is not only hard on your body, but very taxing on your emotions and mental health.

None of this is meant to make you feel bad about where you are at. We all have to travel our own path with transitioning, and some have straighter and easier paths than others. We’re here to help, and I am glad you feel comfortable coming here and speaking about your joys and pains.

Laura1951:

--- Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on October 28, 2019, 11:03:09 pm ---As you are painfully aware, the on again and off again HRT plan is not very expedient nor productive for seeking body changes.... but of course, more important than the HRT is your personal decision regarding your transition goals.

As you so aptly stated and the end of your comment:
"And yet, time and patience are the key. I hope by staying the course to finally achieve an A cup or better."

I wish you well with your new resolve to stay the course...
and I will be eagerly looking for you updates, and only as you feel comfortable sharing..

HUGS and best wishes,
Danielle

--- End quote ---

@Danielle
Thank you Danielle for writing. I've followed your story from the beginning and am so happy for your happiness and progression. I'm so happy to be back among friends and supporters whose stories resonate with me and whose advice is appreciated. I'll know this is for real when I break through the six week barrier.

Laura

Laura1951:

--- Quote from: BlueJaye on October 29, 2019, 07:35:07 am ---Hi, Laura,
I started HRT in spring of 2018 and was on and off I think 4 times until May of 2019 when I finally overcame the fear and anxiety about transitioning and committed fully to staying in HRT permanently. I just couldn’t handle going back to testosterone mode. Each time it just got worse and worse. Once I had experienced life with a female hormone balance, it made male mode seem even worse than before I started.

Before I started I wasn’t sure what I was missing, I had never experienced feeling “right”. I knew I felt wrong, but feeling right was something I had no frame of reference for. Once I experienced it, though, it was undeniably painful to go back to feeling wrong all the time.

I really hope that you can get to a point where you can be consistent with HRT. The back and forth is not only hard on your body, but very taxing on your emotions and mental health.

None of this is meant to make you feel bad about where you are at. We all have to travel our own path with transitioning, and some have straighter and easier paths than others. We’re here to help, and I am glad you feel comfortable coming here and speaking about your joys and pains.

--- End quote ---

@BlueJaye
BlueJaye,

It appears we have much in common, but then I know that many of us have experienced the same fears as we strive to become the women we know we are. It's not an easy path, both medically and socially, but being true to oneself is what drives me right now. 

Yes, switching back and forth has been anxiety ridden, as you have also experienced, but I do thank you for your support and encouragement.

Laura

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version