Community Conversation > Hormone replacement therapy

Laura's HRT Progress

<< < (2/19) > >>

Phina:
I wish you luck on your HRT journey.  It is definitely a big life decision.  Was there anything in particular around the 6 week mark that gave you pause?

Laura1951:

--- Quote from: Phina on October 30, 2019, 10:47:47 pm ---I wish you luck on your HRT journey.  It is definitely a big life decision.  Was there anything in particular around the 6 week mark that gave you pause?

--- End quote ---
https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php?action=profile;u=69512
Phina,

The six week mark was usually when my fear reached its peak: fear of exposure, fear of rejection, and fear of never passing. What's changed? I think I've finally accepted that these feelings are real, that I need to be Laura full time, and that I want to accomplish the tasks (like electrolysis, HRT, and FFS) so that I can live as Laura.

Thanks for writing,

Laura

Rakel:

--- Quote from: Laura1951 on October 30, 2019, 11:43:57 pm ---... fear of exposure, fear of rejection, and fear of never passing. What's changed? I think I've finally accepted that these feelings are real...

--- End quote ---

These are very real fears. Everyone considering transition needs to make a decision to accept exposure and rejection as a consequence of their transition. This is the main reason many of us go stealth after transition. It is a sad commentary on society in general that cannot accept us for the way we chose to live our life.

Passing is another fear that concerns us. Several years of HRT will do wonders. Just take a look at the before/after pictures posted on Susan's Place. If you still feel  you need something done after a few years of HRT, then FFS has made many of us a happy camper, so to speak.

Speaking for myself, I was about as manly as anyone could be. Pumping iron to build muscle mass, fast cars, guns, jobs that require a uniform. I tried it all and was still miserable inside. About 3 or 4 years of HRT erased the upper body muscle mass. FFS not only feminized my face, it also took years off my perceived age. I am 70 and many people, including plastic surgeons, think I look 50 or even less.

There is no need to fear passing or not. It will come slowly and it will often need surgical help, but passing is do able for everyone.

Laura1951:
6 Weeks.

I’ve finally reached the point I’ve not passed during the past 18 months of HRT. At least five times since I began this journey, I’ve stopped HRT by the six week mark, mostly out of fear. This time, on my six week anniversary, I’ve no thoughts of stopping although I certainly do have anxiety about the future.

At the six week mark, my breast buds are now larger than they were the last time I stopped last May and my breasts are slightly larger than back then. I’m at the point where even wearing baggy shirts when playing tennis is problematic and I know wearing a sports bra or a binder will be necessary soon. Even wearing baggy clothes with layers is beginning to not be enough to conceal the growth. While this is partially a source of happiness, it’s also brings a bit of anxiety about being outed, so I know I may need to wear a sports bra or binder when out and about.

I’ve not reached the “A” cup level yet, although I have hopes that as the weeks fly by, my cups will fill up. Time will tell and, yes, my mileage may vary. I’m happy with my progress though.

I am having problems with patches staying put for a full seven days, with about 50% of them peeling back around the four day mark. Yes, I clean the area with alcohol before applying (and give the skin time to dry thoroughly), and yes I apply firm pressure for at least 10 seconds. Still, regardless of the area where I apply a patch, I never know whether it will last all seven days. I’ve used medical tape at times to keep patches in place and sometimes that helps, although sometimes that creates other problems like itching. The medical tape sometimes gets caught up and peels back as well. I guess this is a small price for the journey I’ve taken, but I wish the darn things would just behave themselves.

Laura

Jessica:

--- Quote from: Laura1951 on November 18, 2019, 11:06:31 am ---6 Weeks.

I’ve finally reached the point I’ve not passed during the past 18 months of HRT. At least five times since I began this journey, I’ve stopped HRT by the six week mark, mostly out of fear. This time, on my six week anniversary, I’ve no thoughts of stopping although I certainly do have anxiety about the future.

At the six week mark, my breast buds are now larger than they were the last time I stopped last May and my breasts are slightly larger than back then. I’m at the point here even wearing baggy shirts when playing tennis is problematic and I know wearing a sports bra or a binder will be necessary soon. Even wearing baggy clothes with layers is beginning to not be enough to conceal the growth. While this is partially a source of happiness, it’s also brings a bit of anxiety about being outed, so I know I may need to wear a sports bra or binder when out and about.

I’ve not reached the “A” cup level yet, although I have hopes that as the weeks fly by, my cups will fill up. Time will tell and, yes, my mileage may vary. I’m happy with my progress though.

I am having problems with patches staying put for a full seven days, with about 50% of them peeling back around the four day mark. Yes, I clean the area with alcohol before applying (and give the skin time to dry thoroughly), and yes I apply firm pressure for at least 10 seconds. Still, regardless of the area where I apply a patch, I never know whether it will last all seven days. I’ve used medical tape at times to keep patches in place and sometimes that helps, although sometimes that creates other problems like itching. The medical tape sometimes gets caught up and peels back as well. I guess this is a small price for the journey I’ve taken, but I wish the darn things would just behave themselves.

Laura

--- End quote ---

After a few months I stopped having trouble with patches sticking as your skin softens.  Not 100%, but about 90% of the time they stay stuck.  Bathing (showers) with panties on helped in the beginning to keep them less saturated with water which can make them curl, blotting off with a towel afterwards. Wash down “there” without panties on and not scrubbing the patches briefly.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version