Author Topic: Laura's HRT Progress  (Read 3277 times)

Offline Laura1951

• Friend
Re: Laura's HRT Progress
« Reply #40 on: June 07, 2020, 11:33:06 pm »
Eight Months.

Eight months. It’s still hard to believe I’ve made it this far, with no intention of stopping, after the five or six times I’d started and failed beginning in 2016.

So, what’s new this month? Nothing really. My breasts are still the same size as they were last December, being a small A and while my buds are still firm and my nipples are still erect, I’ve experienced none of the itching or pain that precedes growth. Knowing that the majority of development happens in the first year, I’m rapidly running out of time. Yes, I know that it can take two to three years before my body is ready to call it quits in the boob department, I’m just one of the many girls here who are disappointed with her growth. (And before you reply YMMV, Northern Girl, I know.. I know.) Given that most of the women in my family are a C or larger, I’m hoping to reach a small B in the future. If I don’t though, I’ll be happy with what I have.

In other news, my FFS was to have been next week, and while I was looking forward to crossing that bridge now, I’m hoping for a reschedule in September or October. At least that would give the HRT more time to work its magic.

I’ve begun making progress losing the COVID pounds I’ve picked up the past few months and I intend to stay vigilent to my eating and exercise routine.

I’m proud that I’ve sustained my HRT for this long, and love being Laura as often as possible. That my best friend in this town knows and is accepting of Laura provides me a bit of strength and confidence. Yes, there’s still some fear and uncertainty about the future, but there’s no turning back now.

Onward.

Laura
One New Life to Live (My personal blog)

Laura's HRT Journal     |     Laura's FFS Journey.   |  Stay or Go

Online Northern Star Girl

• Previously Alaskan Danielle
  • northernstargirl@susans.org
« Reply #41 on: June 08, 2020, 02:39:40 pm »
@Laura1951
Dear Laura:
I have been eagerly awaiting your monthly update... thank you for sharing with all of us.

It is so wonderful for me to read that you have continued on with your HRT for 8 months now and that you have avoided the stopping and starting as you did 4 years ago.

Regarding your boob report and boob growth progress, all I can say is that HRT works differently for everyone, some see more significant results more quickly and some see less significant results more slowly.  Whatever you read about others experiences and results with HRT, good or bad, will most likely not be your own.
It is all up to your unique genes and your unique body.  Nothing can be done about that. 
Patience is definitely required, usually nothing happens very fast with HRT...   
...the phrase "I want it all, and I want it now" certainly does not apply.

I am so sorry that the Covid-19 thing interfered with your FFS appointment next week.  I am wishing you success in nailing down a new scheduled surgery date this coming fall.  Please be certain to keep your thread updated with that information so that I and the rest of your followers can be thinking positive thoughts of success for you.

Yes indeed, the Covid-19 shelter in place directives have most definitely raised havoc with exercise routines, social gatherings, and our eating habits.   Stay vigilant with your diet and exercise plans as best you can.

I am so very glad to read of your very accepting friend... that kind of support is so important as you know.

I will be looking forward to reading more of your postings on your thread and elsewhere on the forums as you feel comfortable sharing.
Again, thank you for posting your 8  month update... even though there are some setbacks and concerns, you don't have to look around at other members predicaments to know that in your situation that you can consider your report all good news.

HUGS and HUGS,
Danielle
« Last Edit: June 08, 2020, 03:56:55 pm by Northern Star Girl »
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW
The Ramblings of a Northern*Star Girl
A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles
I am the HUNTED PREY: Danielle’s Chronicles
Things change re: ALASKAN DANIELLE
Positive Mindset... put away negativity

Started HRT:   March 2015
Went Full-Time    December 2016
Quit my male-mode job and relocated to a very small town in Alaska in January 2017
I'm a blonde, blue eyed woman, Age 40

Offline JanePlain

• M2E2?2->ME
  • Finished questioning...
« Reply #42 on: June 08, 2020, 03:19:38 pm »
I bing read your thread and wanted to say congratulations on your conviction to stay on HRT. I wanted to suggest something about how your doing HRT.  Have you considered Estrogel or Evamist?  Evamist (Spelzing?) worked really well when my formulary was covering it.  In fact I had to dial down the dose after my labs went a bit too high.  You mentioned being a tennis player and the patches possibly sweating off.  The really nice thing about these other two forms is you apply in the morning and you skin absorbs it and your good for a day.  I typically take a bath (or shower if I must) then take care of HRT in a minute or two.  The only problem is when something interrupts my "system" and I forget. Which I did yesterday and I really felt lousy until I remembered and took care of it in the afternoon. 

I'm sorry the results aren't what you were looking for. I sympathize. I think one school of thought is to consider how well developed female members of your family (Mother, sisters) are and expect slightly less.  But then there are those that its just works amazingly well even relative to the relatives. 

Offline Laura1951

• Friend
« Reply #43 on: June 08, 2020, 04:08:10 pm »
@Laura1951
I have been eagerly awaiting your monthly update... thank you for sharing with all of us.

It is so wonderful for me to read that you have continued on with your HRT for 8 months now and that you have avoided the stopping and starting as you did 4 years ago.

Regarding your boob report and boob growth progress, all I can say is that HRT works differently for everyone, some see more significant results more quickly and some see less significant results more slowly.  Whatever you read about others experiences and results with HRT, good or bad, will most likely not be your own.
It is all up to your unique genes and your unique body.  Nothing can be done about that. 
Patience is definitely required, usually nothing happens very fast with HRT...   
...the phrase "I want it all, and I want it now" certainly does not apply.

I am so sorry that the Covid-19 thing interfered with your FFS appointment next week.  I am wishing you success in nailing down a new scheduled surgery date this coming fall.  Please be certain to keep your thread updated with that information so that I and the rest of your followers can be thinking positive thoughts of success for you.

Yes indeed, the Covid-19 shelter in place directives have most definitely raised havoc with exercise routines, social gatherings, and our eating habits.   Stay vigilant with your diet and exercise plans as best you can.

I am so very glad to read of your very accepting friend... that kind of support is so important as you know.

I will be looking forward to reading more of your postings on your thread and elsewhere on the forums as you feel comfortable sharing.
Again, thank you for posting your 8  month update... even though there are some setbacks and concerns, you don't have to look around at other members predicaments to know that in your situation that you can consider your report all good news.
member=70054]Danielle[/member

Thanks @Danielle for adding to my thread. I always look forward to hearing from you and follow your advice. Of course, I've followed your journey from the beginning and am so happy to hear that you've found a place and a person to love.

I can't really complain about being an A cup, although it's fun to whine about it. I've seen the research that shows only a fraction of us reach an A cup at the end of the first year, so I know I should be happy to be above the mean.

I feel positive about the delayed FFS date because I know it will happen and that Kaiser covers most of the cost. :)

What happens afterwards is the great unknown. As my boobs continue to grow and my face becomes more feminine, I'll have some difficult decisions to make. I can't say I'll move a few thousand miles away to establish a new life, but I'll figure it out.

Thank you again.

Laura

Offline Laura1951

• Friend
« Reply #44 on: June 08, 2020, 04:20:19 pm »
I bing read your thread and wanted to say congratulations on your conviction to stay on HRT. I wanted to suggest something about how your doing HRT.  Have you considered Estrogel or Evamist?  Evamist (Spelzing?) worked really well when my formulary was covering it.  In fact I had to dial down the dose after my labs went a bit too high.  You mentioned being a tennis player and the patches possibly sweating off.  The really nice thing about these other two forms is you apply in the morning and you skin absorbs it and your good for a day.  I typically take a bath (or shower if I must) then take care of HRT in a minute or two.  The only problem is when something interrupts my "system" and I forget. Which I did yesterday and I really felt lousy until I remembered and took care of it in the afternoon. 

I'm sorry the results aren't what you were looking for. I sympathize. I think one school of thought is to consider how well developed female members of your family (Mother, sisters) are and expect slightly less.  But then there are those that its just works amazingly well even relative to the relatives.

Hi @JanePlain and thanks for replying.

While I enjoyed being able to apply just X Climara patches once a week, they would often peel off after a few days, particularly those I placed on my upper buttocks. Limiting the patches to only my abdomen created a skin rash over time that forced me to place patches on my thighs and stomach. Now that I'm on the Estrell Dot, the patches adhere better, although they aren't perfect. Still, last week I tried them on my upper buttock with good success, so at least I can provide relief to the area below my navel.

Estrogel sounds interesting. At first is thought my doctor would never consider it because, being 68, they've limited me to patches but I see in the literature that it's designed for menopausal women. I'll check with my doctor next time we meet.

Thank you again

Laura

Offline JanePlain

• M2E2?2->ME
  • Finished questioning...
« Reply #45 on: June 11, 2020, 09:29:43 am »
Hi @JanePlain and thanks for replying.

While I enjoyed being able to apply just X Climara patches once a week, they would often peel off after a few days, particularly those I placed on my upper buttocks. Limiting the patches to only my abdomen created a skin rash over time that forced me to place patches on my thighs and stomach. Now that I'm on the Estrell Dot, the patches adhere better, although they aren't perfect. Still, last week I tried them on my upper buttock with good success, so at least I can provide relief to the area below my navel.

Estrogel sounds interesting. At first is thought my doctor would never consider it because, being 68, they've limited me to patches but I see in the literature that it's designed for menopausal women. I'll check with my doctor next time we meet.

Thank you again

Laura

Indeed they are!  I think the positive of doing it with patches, gels or spray mists is that it doesn't need to pass through the liver which is not happy procressing hormones.  The mist was probably the least hassle just X number of sprays on your arm and done.  The gel you need to rub in but its a minute out of the day so who cares.  I did try a compounded pharmacy for a while that made of a specific combo that was like a thick cream.  All of these are "human" Biodentical hormones.  Some of the pills are not and worse yet the kind you swallow do have to go through the liver.  Injections are an option if you like the once a week plan and when I did it that way it was ok.  *I do think my doctor suggested a larger needle then I ended up using but thats another story.   Anyway it continues to be great to hear your not having problems staying on HRT.  If its of any value I think many let self doubts seep in.  I went off for a day (on purpose) and felt so wrong I ended up going back on the next day.  Plust it just might be mental but I just feel like (WORD THAT WILL BE REMOVED *if I type it) without HRT.

Offline Laura1951

• Friend
« Reply #46 on: July 07, 2020, 11:24:27 am »
9 Months

Nine months on HRT. I could’ve given birth by now.

What’s new and different? Absolutely nothing. I’m still a 38A although I’d hoped to drop a band size now because of the Spiro and weight loss. Instead, I wear a 36B pushup bra which feels perfect and provides a bit more confidence. My nipples are still erect and my breast buds are still present. There have been some widening of my aerola, but I hate not knowing whether my breast growth will continue or whether it’s done and over. (I know. YMMV). I continue to buy clothes, and I’m not embarrassed to say that my shoe collection continues to expand far beyond my male selection.

I’m pleased with my weight loss. Having gained some weight due to COVID, I got serious about getting back on the weight loss wagon and have been below 160 for a month now.  (I’m 5’8”) My weight seems to have stabilized around 158 pounds, which seems to happen when you’re trying to lose pounds. I know if I keep up this regiment that I’ll eventually continue my trek towards 150.

My FFS was to have been three weeks ago, and that has been cause of some sadness. There’s no one to blame, although 45 has much to do with the continued outbreaks. Kaiser had begun to resume surgeries, but I’m certain the current outbreaks in California and the Bay Area have stopped them again. I seriously doubt my FFS will occur before December, 19 months after my consult. I can not change current events, but this is starting to drive me nuts.

Offline Maddie

• Family
« Reply #47 on: July 10, 2020, 10:31:21 am »
Hang on Laura.
Must be so difficult. Hopefully no matter when they get you in, it will be the perfect time

Happy for you maintaining your weight loss close towards your goal.

36B gives me a little needed confidence too

Offline Laura1951

• Friend
« Reply #48 on: July 10, 2020, 10:59:38 am »
Hang on Laura.
Must be so difficult. Hopefully no matter when they get you in, it will be the perfect time

Happy for you maintaining your weight loss close towards your goal.

36B gives me a little needed confidence too
Thank you @Maddie. Losing weight is a never ending battle with so many tempting ways to go astray. Giving up alcohol and cookies, not necessarily in that order, takes some of the fun out, but I do spoil myself from time to time.

I appreciate your positive attitude regarding that my future, still unscheduled, FFS will be at the perfect time. I just wish that perfect time was earlier. LOL

Laura

Online Northern Star Girl

• Previously Alaskan Danielle
  • northernstargirl@susans.org
« Reply #49 on: July 21, 2020, 05:42:12 pm »
@Laura1951
Dear Laura:
My heart goes out to you... I personally know that trying to be patient can be so difficult when the anticipated results are coming at a slower pace that we might have expected.

When I was in my beginning stages of HRT "I wanted it all and I wanted it now!!!"   Obviously  that is not the way that most things in life work, especially the important things as with HRT and our transition plans and transition journey.

All I can say to you is to continue to be patient, continue to see your doctor regarding your regular blood testing and follow the dosage recommendations that you are given...   you can feel quite free to ask you doctor about the dosages and whether or not any change in the meds can bring on more dramatic results a little more quickly.

I won't tell you again about YMMV, your unique genes, and all of that...  I have already written about that stuff on many of my comments around the Forums.

Please keep me and the rest of you followers updated as you feel comfortable doing.   All of us are rooting for you happiness and success.  Always feel free to vent your frustrations.  We will lend you our ear and our shoulders to lean on.   Also I know that you are aware how I think about positivity and optimism...

While the entire thread and all the comments are very encouraging please go back to the very first posts on this thread to glean some great motivational inspiration.

HUGS and more HUGS,
Danielle
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW
The Ramblings of a Northern*Star Girl
A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles
I am the HUNTED PREY: Danielle’s Chronicles
Things change re: ALASKAN DANIELLE

Started HRT:   March 2015
Went Full-Time    December 2016
Quit my male-mode job and relocated to a very small town in Alaska in January 2017
I'm a blonde, blue eyed woman, Age 40

Offline Maddie

• Family
« Reply #50 on: July 21, 2020, 07:50:31 pm »
Step back from those cookies Laura  ;)

Offline Laura1951

• Friend
« Reply #51 on: July 22, 2020, 07:54:33 am »
Step back from those cookies Laura  ;)
@Maddie
LOL. oh, when I'm shopping, they call me like a siren song.

I'm a magician. I can make a dozen oatmeal raisin cookies disappear in less than a day. Heck. Less than six hours. I'm staying strong though, but I reward my body every few weeks for behaving.

Laura

Offline Laura1951

• Friend
« Reply #52 on: July 22, 2020, 07:58:48 am »
@Laura1951
My heart goes out to you... I personally know that trying to be patient can be so difficult when the anticipated results are coming at a slower pace that we might have expected.

When I was in my beginning stages of HRT "I wanted it all and I wanted it now!!!"   Obviously  that is not the way that most things in life work, especially the important things as with HRT and our transition plans and transition journey.

All I can say to you is to continue to be patient, continue to see your doctor regarding your regular blood testing and follow the dosage recommendations that you are given...   you can feel quite free to ask you doctor about the dosages and whether or not any change in the meds can bring on more dramatic results a little more quickly.

I won't tell you again about YMMV, your unique genes, and all of that...  I have already written about that stuff on many of my comments around the Forums.

Please keep me and the rest of you followers updated as you feel comfortable doing.   All of us are rooting for you happiness and success.  Always feel free to vent your frustrations.  We will lend you our ear and our shoulders to lean on.   Also I know that you are aware how I think about positivity and optimism...

While the entire thread and all the comments are very encouraging please go back to the very first posts on this thread to glean some great motivational inspiration.

@Danielle
I often feel blessed to have Susan's as a safe space where so many people are taking life-changing journeys. I do appreciate all your encouragement and look to you as one of my role models.

Thank you Danielle.

Laura

Offline Laura1951

• Friend
« Reply #53 on: August 07, 2020, 01:04:40 pm »
10 Months

10 months of uninterrupted HRT, a new record. LOL.

What’s changed this month? Again, very little, particularly in the boob department.  I’m beginning to see small decreases in my band size and very small increases in my bust. Oh, I continue to buy clothes, because a girl can never have too many clothes or shoes, and I’ve finally purchased several high-quality purses. I’ve also begun to purge some of my male clothes, but plenty remain because I’m still <deadname> outside.

Seven weeks ago, my weight broke the 160 mark, and then plateaued at 159.  Normally, after a few weeks of a plateau, weight beings to peel off again. However, for five weeks during this period, I had to stop all exercise to deal with pain in my left knee. Getting old is a bitch, so I made sure I took my Advil, performed daily leg strengthening exercise, and iced my knee when appropriate. While I was pleased to read 7-8 books and binge watch several Netflix shows during this period, I missed both my tennis friends and the exercise I got through playing. I’m happy to have returned to playing, although I’m pausing playing singles until I’m confident my knee pain won’t flare up. I’m also pleased that now the I’m back to  exercise, my weight finally trended down to 156.

Weight loss isn’t conducive to gaining breast mass though. oh, I could take this as a sign to break out the gin and tonic, as well as the oatmeal raisin cookies, but right now, reaching my goal weight is more important. Hopefully, losing weight will help me lose a band size. I’m finally feeling more confident when I wear tight tops with jeans or shorts, although I do have another 10 pounds I want to disappear. Hopefully, my body will cooperate and be ready to develop once I reach my goal weight.

I’m afraid I that I won’t see continued breast development. While I’ve been on HRT for 10 months, when you factor in all the time I was on HRT in the past, I’m probably over the one year mark. While I’ve read reports of some development occurring after the one year mark, I also know that most of the development happens during the first 12 months. I don’t want to stay a “A” cup and while I never considered BA, I may have to in a few years.

In other news, I gathered the courage to out myself to another tennis friend and that journey is detailed on my blog, One New Life to Live.

Each month, on my HRT anniversary, I take a current picture and post it here as my avatar. Frankly, I've not seen a change over time, but my best friend says that she does, so that's a plus.

Onward.

Offline Maddie

• Family
« Reply #54 on: August 10, 2020, 04:01:25 pm »
Happy for your weight Laura.
The 160lb  mark is a big one to break for us, (height relevant if course!!)
I struggle to stay below 170, but believe I can and will touch 155.

Women's tennis outfits are pretty cool.  I hope you do that sometimes...

Offline Laura1951

• Friend
« Reply #55 on: August 10, 2020, 05:50:45 pm »
Happy for your weight Laura.
The 160lb  mark is a big one to break for us, (height relevant if course!!)
I struggle to stay below 170, but believe I can and will touch 155.

Women's tennis outfits are pretty cool.  I hope you do that sometimes...

Hi @Maddie,

Given that I'm 5'8", the 160 mark has been a bear to break and stay under. That I've been below 160 for two months now is positive and now that I'm finally playing tennis again, I was hoping to continue the decline. With my FFS now scheduled for next week (and wasn't THAT a surprise I didn't expect!), I'll be off exercise for several weeks post surgery.

I AM hoping that once I began walking, a week or so after FFS, the decline will continue.

And, YES, I love buying tennis outfits and can't wait to wear one after I'm recovered from FFS.

Laura

Offline Laura1951

• Friend
« Reply #56 on: September 08, 2020, 11:25:41 pm »
11 Months
Not only was September 7th my 11 month anniversary of re-starting HRT, it was also my 69th birthday, the last year of my 60s. Now, I hated turning 60, am still in denial about being in my 60s, and now, in one year, I’ll be 70. Damn.

What’s new this month? Everything and nothing.

On the nothing side, given that I had to be off HRT for eight days due to my FFS, I’ve felt my breast buds begin to soften and shrink. I must say that I’m discouraged by my breast growth. To this end, I’ve contacted my doctor and have set up a video appointment later this month to talk about my progress and my new blood test results. I’m hoping we can find a new normal for my E delivery.

On the Everything front, I’ve been blessed. Three weeks past my FFS, I’m well on the way to recovery, although I’ll need to wait for the two month mark to see what the new Laura looks like. It’s certainly better to be at the three week mark than the three day mark. Each day is better now.

Having come out to my three double’s tennis partners and having been both accepted and loved for my new truth, I’m preparing to begin playing tennis as Laura when I’m with this group. It’s a big step, so I’ve told my neighbor about my reality and that Laura will begin making appearances in the near future. Not only was she accepting, but she wanted to be sure she was using a correct name when addressing me. Yesterday on my birthday, she brought over a cupcake with a candle on top, bringing tears to my eyes.

Today, my best friend, the first person I came out to last year, came by to wish me happy birthday, bringing presents both for Laura and for her cat. Her note, though, brought tears to my eyes. Here’s what she wrote:

“Wishing you a lifetime of peace, happiness, love and understanding. So happy of where you are in your life right now. And so proud of you for doing the work to get there.

Happy Birthday my dear friend and Happy 1st Birthday to Laura. Welcome to the world.”

I am blessed.

Onward.

Laura

Online sandrauk

• Friend
« Reply #57 on: September 09, 2020, 01:18:45 am »
Laura, we were born on the same day in 1951, I'm actually looking forward to being 70.

You're doing far better than me I can't imagine playing tennis now. I cleared out the guttering yesterday and it completely wiped me out.

Offline Rakel

• Formerly known as Dani
  • Rakel@susans.org
« Reply #58 on: September 09, 2020, 07:35:06 pm »
Laura, we were born on the same day in 1951, I'm actually looking forward to being 70.

You're doing far better than me I can't imagine playing tennis now. I cleared out the guttering yesterday and it completely wiped me out.

I did that a few years ago and really, it is just one more day. I am thankful for all the one more days I get in the future.  ;)

Stay active, ladies. No matter what you do, just keep on doing it.  8)

Retired Pharmacist with over 40 years experience in Hospital and Retail Pharmacies.
I still keep my professional licence active and in good standing.

Offline Dorit

« Reply #59 on: September 12, 2020, 08:20:12 am »
When I turned 70 I realized that I had to transition or enter the end my life in deep regret and unhappiness.  Three years later I have completed my transition and am deeply grateful and happy. 

Laura, for some of us life begins anew at 70! 
I first told a psychiatrist that I wanted to be a girl 1967 after a psychotic breakdown
Began therapy again with gender specialist 50 years later in September 2017
Began HRT November 2017
Name change with Israel Ministry of Interior March 2018
FFS September 2018
GCS December 2018
Gender change with Israel Ministry of Interior January 2019
BA July 2020

Tags: