Author Topic: Laura's HRT Progress  (Read 6186 times)

Offline SoCal_Holly

• Multi-Pass
Re: Laura's HRT Progress
« Reply #80 on: January 07, 2021, 11:44:44 pm »
Laura:

Love the updates ! Laughed about the acronyms, I get the same search results too !

You are making outstanding progress inside and out !

Hugs,

Holly

Offline davina61

• The ramblings of an old dear
« Reply #81 on: January 08, 2021, 03:28:03 am »
It has taken me 3 years but it was a low dose start and only been on higher dose for 12 months so still getting some improvements. Wait for the next growth spurt!!!!
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever.
I get pushed out of shape and its hard to steer when I get rubber in all 4 gears (Beach Boys ,little deuce coupe)

Offline Laura1951

« Reply #82 on: October 07, 2021, 09:04:27 pm »
October 7, 2021

Two-Year HRT Anniversary

How time flies.

After starting and stopping HRT multiple times during my first three years, i gathered the courage to restart HRT two years ago and stayed committed to the course.  It's funny to think how time moved slowly the first few months, impatient for the physical and mental effects to become visible but once i felt my breasts grow, time passed with other north poles to chase.

Now starting year three, i can confirm that my breast growth peaked around the six month mark and i'm a solid A cup. This is why i'm in line for breast augmentation, although my size addition will be modest.

Yes, HRT has affected my emotions as i find myself crying at simpler things and then quickly recovering. i like this aspect of being a woman.

However, i am concerned about my E level. Now, Kaiser's policy is to keep our E level below 200, which has been disheartening because so many women here have levels much higher. My E level at the end of Year One was 145 pg/ml but at the end of Year Two had declined to 67 pg/ml. When my transitions doctor reviewed my tests, she wrote to tell me that my E level looked fine.

Fine? Really?

My video appointment with her is in two weeks, so we'll see what happens then.

Laura
“When you’re ready, start living your truth. That’s when the magic happens.”

One New Life to Live (My personal blog)  |  My BA Journey   |  Laura's HRT Journal 

Full Time since 11/27/20  |  Laura's FFS Journey.   |  Stay or Go

Offline Pammie

• Up
« Reply #83 on: October 08, 2021, 12:52:43 am »
October 7, 2021

Two-Year HRT Anniversary

How time flies.

After starting and stopping HRT multiple times during my first three years, i gathered the courage to restart HRT two years ago and stayed committed to the course.  It's funny to think how time moved slowly the first few months, impatient for the physical and mental effects to become visible but once i felt my breasts grow, time passed with other north poles to chase.

Now starting year three, i can confirm that my breast growth peaked around the six month mark and i'm a solid A cup. This is why i'm in line for breast augmentation, although my size addition will be modest.

Yes, HRT has affected my emotions as i find myself crying at simpler things and then quickly recovering. i like this aspect of being a woman.

However, i am concerned about my E level. Now, Kaiser's policy is to keep our E level below 200, which has been disheartening because so many women here have levels much higher. My E level at the end of Year One was 145 pg/ml but at the end of Year Two had declined to 67 pg/ml. When my transitions doctor reviewed my tests, she wrote to tell me that my E level looked fine.

Fine? Really?

My video appointment with her is in two weeks, so we'll see what happens then.

Laura
Hi I Laura, I think after 2 years I was an A cup too but I hit more growth in year 3 and again in year 4 so im a B cup now and super happy with that. It’s unpredictable and, hopefully it will happen for you too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Laura1951

« Reply #84 on: October 13, 2021, 05:52:34 pm »
Low E

While my video appointment with my transitions doctor is a week away, she ordered a second Estrogen test last week after my initial reading came back as 67pg/ml, alarming me. When I returned from Indian Wells yesterday, I drove down to Kaiser (around the corner) for a second test. The results came back today showing my E level had continued its decline to 50pg/ml....

My doc is open to increasing my E dosage, but the thought of using three patches a week makes my skin itch. I do hope we can augment with another form of E. I'll update this after my appointment next week.

Laura

One New Life to Live (My personal blog)  |  My BA Journey   |  Laura's HRT Journal 

Offline Laura1951

« Reply #85 on: October 13, 2021, 09:38:34 pm »
Quick follow-up regarding my low E reading. My trans doctor read the numbers and offered to up my dose to three patches a week, something I've wanted for two years. I did ask her if there were other E delivery methods we older lades might use, so I'll share her advice when it arrives.

Laura

Offline davina61

• The ramblings of an old dear
« Reply #86 on: October 14, 2021, 02:57:32 am »
Well I am on 2 high dose patches twice a week , constantly cleaning glue off my thighs !!!!
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever.
I get pushed out of shape and its hard to steer when I get rubber in all 4 gears (Beach Boys ,little deuce coupe)

Offline Jessica_Rose

« Reply #87 on: October 14, 2021, 05:54:28 am »
On two patches per week, my E levels were around 65. Going to three patches pushed the number up to 150. When you remove a patch, wipe some baby oil on the leftover adhesive and let it sit. Usually after 3 - 5 minutes the adhesive will become much easier to remove.

Love always -- Jessica Rose

Offline Chloe

• Family
  • Classic 'Lauren Bacall'
« Reply #88 on: October 14, 2021, 10:05:27 am »
<dose removed>

Under my 'cheep' Humana formulary plan (above) 'patches' are listed as same "tier 4" as 'valerate' which I am paying full price for until $400 deductible met. From what I see here surely I'd probably be paying a lot more for what amounts to much less "mg"?

Any reason why NOT doing "IM"s instead? More ml 'bang per buck' not to mention less hassle too? Are there higher concentrations that are NOT listed here? (estradiol cream shows as tier 3) Am currently paying $114 for a standard 5ml/100mg vial (mods: these are NOT "dosing" simply what I see "available")

Am told "implants" are available for a flat $250 but my insure wouldn't cover those at all.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2021, 10:48:10 pm by Rakel »
"But it's no use now," thought poor Alice, "to pretend be two people!
"Why, there's hardly enough of me left to make one respectable person!"

Offline Rakel

• Formerly known as Dani
  • Rakel@susans.org
« Reply #89 on: October 14, 2021, 10:56:00 pm »
Chloe,

The concentrations of Estradiol Valerate Injection that are commonly available are 10mg/ml, 20mg/ml and 40 mg/ml. They are usually available in a 5 ml multi-dose vial.

The quantity injected (expressed as mg or ml) and how often it is injected are what determines the dose, which is prescribed by your doctor. Similarily, when discussing Estradiol Patches, the size of the patch and how often it is applied, determine the dose.

Keep in mind that hormone therapy used for transition purposes is an Off Label Use. Insurance may or may not cover the full amount. Read your insurance policy.

Retired Pharmacist with over 40 years experience in Hospital and Retail Pharmacies.
I still keep my professional licence active and in good standing.

Tags: