Activism and Politics > Discrimination

Private schools

(1/3) > >>

BlueJaye:
This isn't really a significant other topic, but it involves family and the effects of being transgender on the family. I felt maybe this was the most appropriate place to put this.

My wife has decided she hates homeschooling our 10 year old (which I predicted) and she wants to put him in a private school. Not just any private school,  but an evangelical Christian private school.

We can kind of afford it, though it could make things a little tight financially for a while paying the tuition fees. But otherwise I was okay with him attending there.

The issue isn't me having a problem with the school, it's the school having an issue with me. My wife was reading through the school's handbook and it specifically says they do not welcome the children of LGBTQ parents.

I guess I am not completely shocked, but sad that they would want to exclude children based on who their parents are. If they really feel they are a ministry to the community, wouldn't they want as many children of LGBTQ people as they can get? I guess they only want to "reach" the "good" people.

Anyway, my wife is telling me this tonight to rub it in that she told me so. She told me that me being transgender would have a negative effect on the kids. And our son possibly being denied entry to a bigoted school is a negative effect I guess.

I guess I had better get used to this. She has always blamed me for every little disobedience or bad behavior by the kids, and I suspect that she will blaming more and more on me being transgender and needing to make changes in my life that she doesn't approve of.

Linde:
I wonder on what base the have the guts to call themselves an "evangelical Christian private schooL"!  that is exactly the way non christian react, the NAZI's and Bolschwik's are one example makin the family suffer because a relative did something they did not like!
i don't the bible verses as well a you do, but did jesus not say "let the children come to me" ?, i don't recall that he said let the kids from that family come, but not the kids from that potheramily, etc.
I am glad you found out about their ideology, and thus protected your kid from evil and harm!

BlueJaye:

--- Quote from: Linde on October 29, 2019, 10:16:55 pm ---I wonder on what base the have the guts to call themselves an "evangelical Christian private schooL"!  that is exactly the way non christian react, the NAZI's and Bolschwik's are one example makin the family suffer because a relative did something they did not like!
i don't the bible verses as well a you do, but did jesus not say "let the children come to me" ?, i don't recall that he said let the kids from that family come, but not the kids from that potheramily, etc.
I am glad you found out about their ideology, and thus protected your kid from evil and harm!

--- End quote ---
Yes, indeed, He did say that. And I actually had that exact same verse in my mind as my wife was saying these things.

I find it reprehensible that any school would exclude children based on their parents. I had a father with a bad reputation and I was looked down on by school staff and administrators because of him. It hurt. Maybe it's why I didn't graduate high school. I had a burning hatred for school until I went to college.

Sent from my SM-A205U using Tapatalk

Paige:

--- Quote from: Linde on October 29, 2019, 10:16:55 pm ---I wonder on what base the have the guts to call themselves an "evangelical Christian private schooL"!  that is exactly the way non christian react, the NAZI's and Bolschwik's are one example makin the family suffer because a relative did something they did not like!

--- End quote ---

Hi Linde,

When you talk about Nazis (many considered themselves Christian) and Bolsheviks, you seem to be implying that somehow Christians were better.  What Christians did "in the name of God" to indigenous people around the world certainly qualifies them to be in the same boat as the Nazis and Bolsheviks.

Take care,
Paige 🙂

supertall_nobody:
Great point you bring up.  My kiddos attend a classical christian private school, and I have not looked into their policies on the subject.  I guess I will now.

Really sad TBH.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version