Author Topic: Who likes chili?  (Read 954 times)

Offline ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
  • No act of kindness, however small, is wasted.
Who likes chili?
« on: November 02, 2019, 02:57:22 pm »
I decided to cook a big pot of chili.  Early preview tastes tell me that I may have gone a bit too high on the Scoville scale of heat units or hotness this time!

When you make chili, do you prefer it

With or without meat?
With or without beans?
With or without pasta?
With or without cheese?
With or without onions?

Chili can be sooooo good!

Chrissy

Be a good example of good behavior.  Always be kinder than needed.  Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that your speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.  Serve others.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

Offline christinej78

Re: Who likes chili?
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2019, 03:38:24 pm »
Hi Chrissy,                   02 November 2019

I've only had one bowl of chili I didn't like; I ordered it at a restaurant that touted it as the best chili in town. Wrong, it was so bad I felt sorry for the rats at the landfill where I sent that stuff; that restaurant is now out of business.

The best store/restaurant bought chili used to be from Wendy's. They changed the recipe and now it is less than so-so; it's called making it cheaper and thinking no one will notice. I only stop there as a last resort.

Olive Garden's "Pasta e Fagioli" is the best Restaurant chili in my opinion.

Dena makes my favorite Chili. It's down right Great.

I like it with everything you listed except cheese.

Best Always, Love

Christine

Offline ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2019, 03:59:51 pm »
I am going to make the chili a bit tamer by increasing the proportions except for hot peppers.
This will cause me to have to freeze some more than usual.

Fortunately, chili freezes well.

Chrissy
Be a good example of good behavior.  Always be kinder than needed.  Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that your speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.  Serve others.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

Offline Linde

• Full time for some time
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2019, 04:05:40 pm »
The vegetarian restaurant chain "Sweet Tomato" has a vegetarian Chili to die for!

Offline Sephirah

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2019, 04:06:08 pm »
Yeah I love chili. As long as it isn't super spicy. As a yorkshire lass, brought up on incredibly bland British food... I don't do well with spicy food. Even something mildly hot, like Jalapenos, make me pant like a dog.

Definitely with meat, the more the better. Love kidney beans too. Same with onions.

The pasta and cheese, though, that's a bit... huh? Never had chili with cheese in before. And pasta seems an extremely weird thing to put in it. Do people actually do that?

Offline ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2019, 04:14:26 pm »
Yeah I love chili. As long as it isn't super spicy. As a yorkshire lass, brought up on incredibly bland British food... I don't do well with spicy food. Even something mildly hot, like Jalapenos, make me pant like a dog.

Definitely with meat, the more the better. Love kidney beans too. Same with onions.

The pasta and cheese, though, that's a bit... huh? Never had chili with cheese in before. And pasta seems an extremely weird thing to put in it. Do people actually do that?

Some people add shredded cheese on top of a serving of chili.

Some people add chopped onion on top of a serving of chili (besides using onion as an ingredient).

Some people put cooked spaghetti in bowl and ladle a serving of chili on top.

Some people like chili mixed with soft elbow macaroni.

Chrissy

Offline Linde

• Full time for some time
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2019, 04:52:53 pm »
I know about that very well.  My fahter in law was born in Clithero in Yorkshire, and he felt that normal pepper was already a spice of the devil!

Offline Devlyn

• The Forum Administrator
  • devlynmarie@susans.org
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2019, 05:12:56 pm »

You are a carnivore.  ;D  A splash of Hendo's, too, perhaps?   :)
Veteran, US Army

Offline ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2019, 05:18:17 pm »
You are a carnivore.  ;D  A splash of Hendo's, too, perhaps?  :)

Some people relish that.

Chrissy

Offline Sephirah

« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2019, 05:32:27 pm »
I know about that very well.  My fahter in law was born in Clithero in Yorkshire, and he felt that normal pepper was already a spice of the devil!

You mean it isn't?

You are a carnivore.  ;D  A splash of Hendo's, too, perhaps?   :)

How'd you guess? Lol, I do kinda add that to almost everything. ;D

Offline steph2.0

• AKA Galaxy Girl
  • Replacing existing with living
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2019, 05:43:20 pm »
With beans, meat, with cooked onions, on top of Fritos, with sour cream and shredded cheese on top. Preferably eaten in a cool hangar at a fall fly-in on a grass runway, accompanied by hot cider. Good memories and nomm!
Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/11/2019 * Name and Gender Change on Birth Certificate 11/21/2019 * Accepted Internally That Transition is Completed 11/28/2019

Offline ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2019, 05:48:38 pm »
With beans, meat, with cooked onions, on top of Fritos, with sour cream and shredded cheese on top. Preferably eaten in a cool hangar at a fall fly-in on a grass runway, accompanied by hot cider. Good memories and nomm!

Interesting, that is!  You could have a fall fashion show there too, on the runway of course.

I never had chili on top of Fritos.

Chrissy

Offline Sephirah

« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2019, 05:50:49 pm »

What are Fritos?

Offline steph2.0

• AKA Galaxy Girl
  • Replacing existing with living
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2019, 05:55:49 pm »
What are Fritos?

I’m not sure what they call them where you live.
Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/11/2019 * Name and Gender Change on Birth Certificate 11/21/2019 * Accepted Internally That Transition is Completed 11/28/2019

Offline ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2019, 05:56:46 pm »
What are Fritos?

Fritos are the corn chips made by a snack company named Frito-Lay.
There are also dipping sauces with the same name but one does not think of those when you talk about Fritos.  The same company makes potato chips and other snacks.

I hope that your birthday is going well!

Chrissy

Offline Sephirah

« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2019, 06:03:54 pm »

I’m not sure what they call them where you live.

Fritos are the corn chips made by a snack company named Frito-Lay.
There are also dipping sauces with the same name but one does not think of those when you talk about Fritos.  The same company makes potato chips and other snacks.

I hope that your birthday is going well!

Chrissy

Hmmmm, I can't honestly think of an equivalent we have in the UK. Other than maybe tortilla strips. But they're kind of thin on the ground. Something like this:

Sounds yummy, though.

I've had a good day, Chrissy, thank you. <3

Offline Alanna1990

• Friend
  • Happiest Transgender
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2019, 08:00:43 pm »
Spicy food is the only food for me, if it's not as hot as the sun I don't think it has any taste

Offline ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2019, 08:03:05 pm »
Spicy food is the only food for me, if it's not as hot as the sun I don't think it has any taste

That is really hot!    :

Chrissy

Offline Dena

• Family
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2019, 08:16:07 pm »
I have a little knowledge about this. When you eat extremely hot food, it kills your taste buds so you can taste very little. The same thing can also happen to cancer patients receiving chemo. The good news is if you want your taste buds to return to normal, abstaining from hot food for something over 6 weeks will allow your sense of taste to return.
Rebirth Date 1982 - My Transition

Offline TonyaW

« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2019, 08:25:05 pm »
Real Chili

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Tags: