Author Topic: Take time for fun  (Read 365 times)

Offline BlueJaye

• Family
Take time for fun
« on: November 05, 2019, 11:22:20 am »
The last year and half or so since I came out has been a period of changing a lot of bad and unhealthy things in my life. From diet and exercise to managing stress, I have had to change my lifestyle.

There are many studies out there that have confirmed that taking time to enjoy things on a regular basis is very healthy both for physical and mental health.

I have made a concerted effort to do more things with my kids. On the days when I am not on the road for work, I try to get out and do fun things with them.

Today my oldest son, David, had a school trip to the local ice arena. I went along and enjoyed skating and teaching some of the kids how to skate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Online Northern Star Girl

• Previously Alaskan Danielle
  • northernstargirl@susans.org
Re: Take time for fun
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2019, 11:58:27 am »
@BlueJaye
Dear BlueJaye:
Thanks for sharing... yes indeed, I know in my own life that taking time for myself and having "fun" by being involved in enjoyable activities is essential to good physical and mental health...  That can be a difficult goal to achieve, the pressures of work and of life can overwhelm any of us if we are not careful to regulate and prioritize our time. 

I am finding that I need to put the less healthy and therefore the less important life issues on the back burner and move up the more important issues such as relationships and enjoyable off-time activities...I also find that if I am not careful my online activities can interfere with my lofty plans unless I am very careful.... 

All of this sometimes can be most difficult to follow my own advice since I am not retired, 39 years old, have my own self-employed business and bills to pay.

Oh, and BlueJaye, I loved the photos....  your son David is a spitting image of you.  :)

Again, thank you for sharing and posting.
Danielle
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW
The Ramblings of a Northern*Star Girl
A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles
I am the HUNTED PREY: Danielle’s Chronicles
Things change re: ALASKAN DANIELLE
Positive Mindset... put away negativity

Started HRT:   March 2015
Went Full-Time    December 2016
Quit my male-mode job and relocated to a very small town in Alaska in January 2017
I'm a blonde, blue eyed woman, Age 41

Offline BlueJaye

• Family
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2019, 12:41:49 pm »
@BlueJaye
Dear BlueJaye:
Thanks for sharing... yes indeed, I know in my own life that taking time for myself and having "fun" by being involved in enjoyable activities is essential to good physical and mental health...  That can be a difficult goal to achieve, the pressures of work and of life can overwhelm any of us if we are not careful to regulate and prioritize our time. 

I am finding that I need to put the less healthy and therefore the less important life issues on the back burner and move up the more important issues such as relationships and enjoyable off-time activities...I also find that if I am not careful my online activities can interfere with my lofty plans unless I am very careful.... 

All of this sometimes can be most difficult to follow my own advice since I am not retired, 39 years old, have my own self-employed business and bills to pay.

Oh, and BlueJaye, I loved the photos....  your son David is a spitting image of you.  :)

Again, thank you for sharing and posting.
Danielle

Thanks. I have a lot of fun with him. He is kind of awkward and doesn’t make friends easily, so I try to be his friend and help him make friends. Sometimes kids need help building confidence and starting relationships with people.

All of our kids except the youngest, Lucas, share a lot of facial features with me. Lucas is definitely an Ackland (wife’s mother’s family) and looks a lot like my wife’s grandfather.

David, Anna, and Lucas have the lighter Norwegian skin tone from my mother-in-law, while Michael, Grace, and Matthew got the dark skin and brown eyes from my wife’s Sandoval/Garza lineage.

It really is amazing how kids can be such a mix of their parents. Even their personalities are a mix of different elements of ours.

Offline BlueJaye

• Family
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2019, 05:20:52 pm »
Leaf pile with the kids.

Tags: