Author Topic: Weight issues  (Read 437 times)

Offline Ashley_wolf

• Neighbor
Weight issues
« on: November 07, 2019, 01:23:38 am »
Help!!! I've been trying to lose weight but I'm seem to be stuck I'm down to 250 but I can't seem to lose the last 70lbs. I've been on hormones for 2 years. I am constantly doing cardio and I'm not eating <poo> food. Dealing with weight issues really makes me feel down in the dumps.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

Offline LizK

Re: Weight issues
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2019, 01:52:13 am »
Hi Ashley

Losing weight sucks and I hate it...mainly because I have to do it...I had to lose 16kgs (35lb) for surgery and then put most It of it back on when I had to have my hip replaced. I couldn't do much for about 3 months but I am actually back on track. I am back walking 20 mile per week minimum so that is helping. A friend of mine suggested I should eat protein every 2 hours...handful of nuts, boiled egg or tuna were some suggestions. I have yet to try it but it is not the first time I have been told that protein helps burn fat. Good luck with your weight loss chase and don't loose heart we all get to that stage where we plateau...it takes determination to get through this part.

Take care

Liz

Offline Cassie23

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2019, 04:56:43 am »
Hi Ashley!

I’ve been doing time restricted eating (a version of intermittent fasting) and I absolutely love it. I’ve never been big on limiting myself to certain kinds of foods and I’ve always had a tendency to eat my pain but this has changed my life. I highly recommend it if you’re looking for something to help!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline MikaelaA

• The day I can be myself is the best day of my life
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2019, 07:38:00 am »
Hi Ashley,

I know exactly what you're going through.  I was inclined to educate myself in nutrition and natural health when my doctors couldn't figure out what was wrong with me over 20 years ago.

I'm not sure what your appetite is but if your eating something and very shortly thereafter you are hungry again, that's your body's way of telling you, what you just ate didn't give it the proper nutrition it needed so it gives you the hunger signal again to give it the nutrition it needs.  Counting calories is important but also need to figure out what your body needs. These needs are very dynamic for instance, when we are transitioning, our body has different needs than when it did before transition and more than likely different needs after we transition.

For me, I also had intestinal issues that were created by things that it was not tolerant with which caused inflammation such as gluten.  When I finally gave up consuming anything with gluten, which was difficult for me since I loved my beer, I lost 12lbs in 2 weeks and felt so much better.  The way your intestinal tract is currently functioning, especially your bowel movements, will give you indicators on whether or not you are consuming something that is irritating it.  Your overall body's health starts in your intestines because that's where your body gets it's nutrition from.

Another thing I did that helped tremendously was to give up eating starchy carbohydrates such as rice, potatoes, pasta, etc., on a daily basis.  I do eat those foods occasionally, generally no more than once or twice a week, but just not everyday.  If you find it too hard to give up, just cut your portions in half and that should help significantly.  Starchy carbohydrates turn into sugar in your body and is a definite source of weight gain.

I hope this helps you in some way.  Good luck in your journey.

With Love,

Alexa
Finally discovered the real ME: September 5, 2019
Started HRT: September 20, 2019
Out to my wife: October 25, 2019
Out to my closest friends and family: February 9, 2020
Out at work: July 31, 2020
Legal name change: September 29, 2020

Offline barbie

• I change my avatar every week
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2019, 09:41:47 am »
The method of losing weight is very simple, but very difficult to do. Eat less and exercise more. Eating less is easier than exercising.

In my case, despite >15 year regular running and biking, my weight has steadily increased from 65 kg (143 lbs) to 70 kg (154 lbs) during the past 15 years while my biological age from 40 to 55. My height is 184 cm (6 feet).

During the last 2 days, I did not eat any rice at all while rode a bike for > 4 hours. I feel my girth has decreased, but remember that weight loss is a long-term goal for > 1 year.

Yesterday while shopping.

barbie~~

Just do it.

Offline Linde

• Full time for some time
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2019, 01:14:20 pm »
I try (dream) of losing 15 pounds for good.  I had lost 25 pounds when I was sick earlier this year, but got them back on (luckily, estrogen did do the right distribution of them).  But I want to lose some more weight to get some kind of a waistline! Now that the beer belly is gone, I currently have more the beached whale look around my middle, and i don't like this a lot! 
But my surgeon told me not to lose anymore weight, because they need some fatty tissue to remodel my downstairs appropriately!  Another lease on my fatty middle!

Offline Jin

• Family
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2019, 01:53:52 pm »
Some things that work for me:
Do not eat ANYTHING after 6 PM.
Eat breakfast.
Drink water.
Think inches instead of pounds.
Cut the size tags out of all your clothes.
Join a nudist organization.
Move more.
If you do not have a romantic companion, get one.
Be happy with yourself at any size!!!!!!!!!!!
I yam what I yam, and that's all what I yam.
-- Popeye

A wise person can learn more from fools than a fool can learn from a wise person.

Offline big kim

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2019, 01:17:49 am »
I lived on fried foods and beer as a guy and had a 26" waist. My weight ballooned on her.By contrast my flatmate was on the same hrt and had a figure like 2 fried eggs on an ironing board

Offline Vicente

• Neighbor
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2020, 06:31:03 am »
Yeah losing weight sucks. I would advise for a eating reeducation instead of diet, as diets are temporary and a long term solution would be the best. Most of the weight loss process is about diet instead of exercise. What I can suggest is:

- EAT BREAKFAST. Seriously. Idk how things are where you live but in my country people usually skip breakfast. It makes you hungry and either you'll eat whatever is available (usually something sugary or carbs) or overeat on lunch. Oatmeal with banana is my personal go to.

- NEVER EVER FOLLOW A EATING PLAN WHERE YOU FEEL HUNGRY. Please. If you are constantly hungry your body will be like "oh no there's no food, whenever food comes I'll store everything I can so we survive through these trying times!", Besides, it's not healthy.

- LESS CARBS, MORE PROTEIN. Also the carbs you eat should be whole grains. Carbs are the fuel and whatever you eat that is not used is stored. You need some, but not a lot. Protein, on the other hand, ain't stored, as it is only to build muscle. Chicken, lean cuts of meat and eggs are the best sources.

- AVOID FRUITS. Shocking, ikr. But even though fruits are indeed healthy, they are packed with sugar and are not so good if you trying to lose weight. One fruit a day, no more. Also no fruit juice, even if sugarless.

- DON'T EAT NUTS. Nuts are delicious but very caloric! Peanuts, almonds, cashews etc. Rule or thumb: if you can buy oil or butter of it, avoid!

- DRINK WATER. It will make your metabolism work better, besides, as you eat more fiber you absolutely need more water to digest it. Things won't be fun when mother nature calls otherwise. Forming the habit is the hard part, and  I suggest those squeezing bottles that are faster to drink as opening a bottle all the time can be a hassle.

- CUT DOWN SUGAR, ENTIRELY IF POSSIBLE. You'd be surprised by how much sugar there is on our diets. Not only the one you add on drinks or eat on desserts. Get into the habit of reading labels. I'm prediabetic and read every label of what I buy, and it's tragic. I've found that BACON can have sugar! Scandalous!!! Also, if you absolutely need to sweeten something, use stevia sweetener if possible. It's the most natural.

- ALLOW A BIT OF "CHEATING". Tbh, I HATE overly restrictive diets and hate the word cheating when it comes to them. When you start a change, it can be really hard to follow it, and when you make a oopsie you feel awful and it goes down from there. That's a great way to put people on two categories of those who can and those who can't, totally ignoring those who are in the middle ground. If you wanna eat a very tiny bit of fries along with your salad and grilled chicken, you might as well, as long you're controlling how much you eat of it and not feeling guilty about it, you're golden. Being aware is way more important than feeling guilty.

- BUILD SOME MUSCLE. Had to include this one. Muscles are very demanding and just by having some muscle, you can lose weight doing nothing! Not saying to go into bodybuilding or anything, but having just a bit.

That's all I can remember for now, sorry for the long text!

Offline Julielynn

« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2020, 02:01:40 pm »
Easiest thing I found was, diets work.    Now find one you don't mind doing all the time and stick to that.  Make it the new lifestyle.   Keto was my diet I tended to eat anyway.  I just gave up bread and that was it.  Easy to do since it wasn't a real big change for me.

Adkins, paleo, keto, slow-carb, vegan, south beach, mediterranean, all of them work, just find which one can you actually do with a minimal amount of change. 

Water, drink lots.  It really is the key to losing weight.  When you lose some fat, it comes out in the urine.   So if you're not drinking enough water, you can't lose weight. 

Also sugar.  If you're spiking your insulin levels by eating sweets and even fruit, it'll stop the weight loss as well.

Best stuff I knew of. 

Offline RandyL

• Non-binary
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2020, 02:36:59 pm »
The above is all good advice. I'll add that somewhere in my early 40's my metabolism changed and I gained weight until I understood I could no longer eat anything I wanted.

I've been vegetarian (but not vegan) for decades, and that helps since I don't eat the more calorie dense meats, poultry and fish. Plant foods have more bulk and fill you up.

I do eat nuts because I find them to cut my hunger at snack times.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
Casting about for my best path forward...

Tags: