Activism and Politics > Discrimination

Struggling and feeling small

(1/2) > >>

Sawney1000000:
Lately I’ve been hanging around some rather unsavory circles on the internet (4chan) and back in the day I could handle it fine but lately the amount of intense hatred towards transgender people is so strong I fear for my life and I worry it’s going to leak out to other places on the internet where I normally hang out until it eventually reaches me in real life and I’ll be shot or something

I stopped cold turkey so don’t worry I’m not going on 4chan any more but I’m struggling to move on. I feel like the majority of people in the world want me dead. I feel so alone and hated. It feels so bad to be hated. I feel so dumb because I should know better than to hang on such a toxic place like 4chan but I usually go every few years to talk about pokemon. Silly I know. And I feel double dumb because usually I don’t let this kinda stuff get to me but it is getting to me and I hate this

I don’t know if any of my words are even making sense right now I feel numb and awful. I can’t be this hated right?

MikaelaA:
Hi Sawney,

I just want to start out by saying, you are not hated.  There will always be hatred in the world but there is also love.  Love will always overpower hate.  A lot of times we beat ourselves up about our own perceptions of ourselves which does not necessarily relate to how other people see us.  I am also a sensitive person and have been in therapy now going on 8 months due to severe depression.  I'm not sure if you have ever been in therapy before but I can tell you that I would not be here today without it.  I would suggest to seek out a qualified gender therapist to help you navigate the issues you are currently going through.  We all have issues and nobody makes it through life without some sort of help from others.  I wish you well in your journey and hope you find peace within yourself.

With Love,

Alexa

Linde:

--- Quote from: Sawney1000000 on November 08, 2019, 05:59:09 am ---Lately I’ve been hanging around some rather unsavory circles on the internet (4chan) and back in the day I could handle it fine but lately the amount of intense hatred towards transgender people is so strong I fear for my life and I worry it’s going to leak out to other places on the internet where I normally hang out until it eventually reaches me in real life and I’ll be shot or something

I stopped cold turkey so don’t worry I’m not going on 4chan any more but I’m struggling to move on. I feel like the majority of people in the world want me dead. I feel so alone and hated. It feels so bad to be hated. I feel so dumb because I should know better than to hang on such a toxic place like 4chan but I usually go every few years to talk about pokemon. Silly I know. And I feel double dumb because usually I don’t let this kinda stuff get to me but it is getting to me and I hate this

I don’t know if any of my words are even making sense right now I feel numb and awful. I can’t be this hated right?

--- End quote ---
4chan is the ugliest thing on the internet, I ever visited.  I am a pretty tough cookie, but the hatred and nastiness there makes <another forum> TERf sites look like Kindergarten classes!

Sarah-Red:
They put hate in a lot of things, and like to be controversial. I dont know if you know or remember all the racism there's been there too, and more. It's not a place to base yourself on.
People are people, and in general society respects others enough to let them live their lives, even if sometimes you might get weird looks or whatever else. There's those who love you too.

chrisalex:

--- Quote from: Sawney1000000 on November 08, 2019, 05:59:09 am ---... some rather unsavory circles on the internet (4chan) ...

--- End quote ---

4chan?

I remember 4chan taking on Ms. Margaret Chan, director general of the World Health Organisation 2006-2017, a few years ago

--- Quote from: Sawney1000000 on November 08, 2019, 05:59:09 am ---... hatred towards transgender people is so strong I fear for my life and I worry it’s going to leak out to other places on the internet where I normally hang out until it eventually reaches me in real life and I’ll be shot or something

... I feel like the majority of people in the world want me dead.

--- End quote ---

I don't believe a majority of people want trans dead. If anything, then it's an extremely small number of extremists, and they'd want many other minorities dead, too. The usual suspects from the right wing.

--- Quote from: Sawney1000000 on November 08, 2019, 05:59:09 am ---I feel so alone and hated. It feels so bad to be hated. I feel so dumb because I should know better than to hang on such a toxic place like 4chan but ...

--- End quote ---
Being alone is toxic. 4chan is toxic. Hanging on 4chan is a lonely job, alone in front of your PC (or other coms device). What about swapping 4chan loneliness with some real company?

--- Quote from: Sawney1000000 on November 08, 2019, 05:59:09 am ---I can’t be this hated right?

--- End quote ---
I don't think we are that hated. Of course there are low down hetero cis males who respond very negatively to trans women. Whenever I went out at the weekend in my city in the past few months, I experienced transphobic issues late night. I'm slowly getting used to these testosterone driven morons. Their issue seems that they're over sexualised and perceive women primarily as sex objects they'd like to impregnate. So of course they react with frustration when they realise that the woman they just stared at and then started to sexually phantasize about is a trans woman and therefore infertile. If we were fertile and able to carry a child, these guys would love us as they love cis women, you can be sure of that. It's all about our incapability to become pregnant. And yes, I feel this really sucks. It's sad that I can't.

Fortunately, the majority of people are civilised and nice.

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version