Author Topic: Secondary Colon Vaginoplasty/Labiaplasty With Dr. Stiller Yesterday  (Read 3380 times)

Offline Maddie

• Family
Re: Secondary Colon Vaginoplasty/Labiaplasty With Dr. Stiller Yesterday
« Reply #80 on: June 03, 2020, 08:33:59 am »
Hooray Katie!!.  Congratulations :) :)
Yes please,  more when you are able
If you know what life is worth you will look for yours on Earth

Offline mm

« Reply #81 on: June 03, 2020, 09:13:40 am »
Congratulations Katie, I know you must feel great having those unwanted parts and being flat.

Offline AllieSF

• Ain't Life Grand!!
« Reply #82 on: June 03, 2020, 11:35:18 am »
Way to go Katie. m I am really surprised at how well you feel so soon after major surgery.  You will probably feel it all later.  Just keep ahead of any pain and takje your pain meds as instructed.  If you wait until you need them, then it is too late.

Hugs and stuff,

Allie
HRT - February 2017
Full Time - July 2018
Orchi - January 2018
BA - September 25, 2019
FFS - January 10, 2020
GRS - TBDDD (To Be Determined, Decision and Date)

Offline KatieP

« Reply #83 on: June 03, 2020, 01:48:19 pm »
Hello again!

~24 hours after surgery. Still in the hospital. Still near zero pain. The use of the spinal narcotics lasts 18 to 24 hours I am told, so the reality may be coming. But if you are given the option of spinal plus injectable sleep, taken it instead of General anesthesia.  No pain for the first day and clear headed on waking up. I woke up in recovery 15 minutes after getting there, and felt wide awake.

Dr Stiller uses a bolster bandage in the crotch, which helps hold everything in for the first 5 days. Walking tightens up the bandages across the groin, and I can feel the flatness!! Woooo Hoooo!!!

I am about to leave the hospital and hang around at the hotel for a long time...

More later, as things change...

Thank you to all for your support and well wishes!!!

Katie

Offline KatieP

« Reply #84 on: June 04, 2020, 05:49:50 pm »
It may be over sharing, but here is the short 48 hours update:

Last night there was a bit of pain at the leg crotch interface, that I relieved by moving the bandage a bit. The pain med protocol is wonderful!!! 3 Tylenol plus gabapentin every 6 hours, and 400 mg of Motrin every 6 hours but offset to be 3 hours after the Tylenol. Zero pain. No opioids, so no constipation issues. A bit uncomfortable sitting up on a hard surface, but a lot of that is the bolster bandage sticking into me.

The catheter tube and the two JP drains hang down. Both are easy to empty. I also have a leg bag and an overnight bag. The leg bag during the day allowed me to take a very nice walk around the Spokane falls. VERY nice. The long skirt and long blouse hide the leg bag and drain bags.

One very fun irony: emptying the urine bags into the toilet sounds like and sort of feels like peeing standing up! I have not stood to pee in MANY years, so I sort of laugh emptying the bags.

Offline Maddie

• Family
« Reply #85 on: June 04, 2020, 06:03:02 pm »
Thanks for the update Katie.  Glad you're laughing!

A little confused if this was a secondary or primary surgery for you, and what type of vaginoplasty you are in the first days of recovering from?

No matter what, I'm thinking about you, wishing all the best.
If you know what life is worth you will look for yours on Earth

Offline KatieP

« Reply #86 on: June 04, 2020, 06:21:29 pm »
Thank you, Maddie!!!

It was my first bottom surgery. Limited depth vaginoplasty, vulvoplasty, and labiaplasty, if those are all words. At least this is what Dr Stiller said he was going to do. I haven’t seen it so I don’t know for sure.

Another fun thing: when they take out the testicles, they send them out for analysis. Both of mine came back as: Atrophic tubular testicular parenchyma with diffuse spermatogenic maturation arrest and no neoplasia. IOW: I had tiny non functional nuts...

I was soooo worried about the pain, but so far, this has been barely sore and nothing like pain...

Katie

Offline Northern Star Girl

• Previously Alaskan Danielle
  • northernstargirl@susans.org
« Reply #87 on: June 04, 2020, 10:34:16 pm »
@KatieP
Dear Katie:
Wow, this is terrific news and a good report.... you heal fast !!!!  ... and I am so glad that the way that you described the pain sounded more like a discomfort instead. 

You are quite fortunate for sure.

Thanks for posting and keeping all of us updated.   I am very happy for you.

HUGS 
Danielle
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW
The Ramblings of a Northern*Star Girl
A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles
I am the HUNTED PREY: Danielle’s Chronicles
Things change re: ALASKAN DANIELLE
Positive Mindset... put away negativity

Started HRT:   March 2015
Went Full-Time    December 2016
Quit my male-mode job and relocated to a very small town in Alaska in January 2017
I'm a blonde, blue eyed woman, Age 40

Offline mm

« Reply #88 on: June 08, 2020, 07:47:00 am »
Katie, glad to hear you are doing so well; I hope everything keeps going well for you. When will you get your first look at the results, I know you want to see what you have and don't have down there.

Offline Tamara Tilly

• Friend
« Reply #89 on: June 08, 2020, 02:46:10 pm »
I’ve been having some urinary issues to do with irritation, and it seems that dilation has irritated what is left of my prostate and urethra (much like after surgery) so I need to take some special medicine for my bladder for a couple of months. It seems that most everything is healing up, though I may need a moderate revision at about the six month mark.

I highly recommend Dr. Stiller. His cosmetic revision of my previous surgery elsewhere is amazing, and he has been great about addressing my concerns. The colon surgery is a big surgery, but to me the results make it well worth it and I do personally feel this is closer to a cis vagina than skin grafts would have been.

This has been a brilliant thread to read through. Thank you so much AutumnLeaves for all you have shared and everyone else too. Very best good luck to you Katie with your recovery.

Gosh. So many thoughts.

First up, AL, I was quite surprised by your comment about your prostate. Did he incise some of it during the surgery? Or is this a reference to shrinkage because of anti-androgens?

Second, I'm really interested in the two or three of you who have had problems with minimal depth aka cosmetic vaginoplasty. I had assumed that to be a simpler, less invasive and therefore less risky procedure. That appears not to be the case and it has certainly set me thinking as has ...

Third, the points about subsequently wanting insertive penile sex. I must admit that as my hormones change, so does my attraction to penises ;) I already am quite bi (I enjoy being penetrated elsewhere) so that alone tells me it would be foolish to go for a minimal depth option.

Fourth, re bloated abdomen well ANY procedure up there does this so I'm not surprised. I had a routine colonoscopy recently and I was extremely uncomfortable afterwards and didn't get back normal bowel function for c. 2 weeks.

Well, I guess finally where this leaves me is a choice between 3 options.

Penile inversion

or

Sigmoid colon

or

Peritoneal if, big if, it's available? I lean heavily towards this latter option but only if it is truly possible to get it done in the next c. 5 years.

Offline KatieP

« Reply #90 on: June 08, 2020, 03:04:55 pm »
@mm

You are so funny!!

So...

Today, I had my first appointment with Dr. Stiller post surgery. He took off the bandages, took out the drains and catheter, and then gave me the up close and personal detailed guide to what's there and where it is. Although I could FEEL it was flat down there, there is nothing quite like SEEING it. Although Dr. Stiller said it was swollen, it did not seem that swollen to me. And, without the bandages, sitting is not much of a problem at all. I have this nice donut thing, and I am sitting on it, but I feel like I can sit any place now.

And, I got back to the hotel, and promptly pooped and peed! OK. The pee went all over my leg, but pee came out of my (limited depth) vagina!! OMG! How cool is that!!!???

THE most painful thing so far: When he took off the bandage, it took off a 2cm x .5 cm strip of skin on my inner thigh. Oh baby! Did that get a squeal (not a Squweeee…) out of me.

I get to hang around in Spokane for another week. The two week follow up appointment is next Monday, then I can leave.

One more thing to add to your thoughts, Tamara:
With the limited depth option, there are many fewer restrictions, such as I can poop all I want, and even strain if I need to. I can carry more than 20 pounds of weight. I can walk as far or as long as I want. Apparently, when the surgeon dissects the canal out of you, it goes back to the rectum, even with PI, which makes pooping and pushing a riskier deal. (And even more if you did the sigmoid option.)

That said, if you want to play with toys in there, connected to a guy or not, you will need the vagina.

I have had 9 previous knee surgeries. I used to say that having knee surgery hurt less than having my teeth cleaned. I can say that to date, 6 days post surgery, limited depth vaginoplasty hurts less than any knee surgery. And, since the other knee surgeries used general anesthesia, I felt way more out of it with the knee surgeries for a longer time. Day after surgery here, and except for the exterior bandage, I was up and raring to go. We walked 2 to 4 miles per day, since the day after surgery. Yes, I know this is exaggeration, but I would call this surgery: No big deal; Much ado about not much...

;D

Katie

Offline mm

« Reply #91 on: June 09, 2020, 10:03:14 am »
Katie, you are doing so well, great for you. Getting your bandage off sure must feel better with all the moving around you have been doing walking, etc. I never liked wearing a pad during my monthly, tampons now are so much better. What are your plans for the future now?

Offline KatieP

« Reply #92 on: June 09, 2020, 01:12:13 pm »
HA! Plans for the future?

Interestingly, this surgery has the least effect on near term and perhaps the most effect on the long term. I am full time and have been for a couple years. I don't think much about until something comes up, such as my spouse being mad at me for all of this, which does bubble over regularly. So, why get bottom surgery at all? As we established elsewhere, I am old. My employer/insurance pays for all gender-related surgeries, but I don't know how much longer I will (be able to) work there. So, I figured i was going to get ONE surgery. But which ONE? FFS seemed like the best short term benefit. I would LOVE to look more feminine and perhaps pass better because of it. But in the long term... My Father-in-Law is in a memory care facility, and has been going downhill for a couple of years. Seeing him, I said to myself: Should I end up in such a situation, I NEED the caregivers to SEE what I am, in case I am unable to TELL them what I am, namely female.

And so, I chose the one surgery no one will ever see or care about, until that time when someone seeing it will make an actual difference in my life...

Is that depressing or what?  ;D

And, my apologies for the totally off topic transparency...

Katie

Offline KatieP

« Reply #93 on: June 14, 2020, 02:52:22 pm »
Hello Again,
This is mildly off topic, but at least it is a Dr. Stiller thread...

Probably nobody in their right mind would think of Spokane, WA as a vacation destination. Rightly so, perhaps. But unless you happen to BE from Spokane, you will get to spend at least 2 weeks here. So, I thought I should mention that this is a FABULOUS place to spend two weeks, especially if you are ambulatory! There is a 35 mile long trail along the Spokane River. It is peaceful and pleasant. From Spokane there is 22 miles east, and 13 miles west. Walk to your heart's content.

As well, Spokane hosted a World's Fair in 1974. Who knew? Well, I sure didn't. The "detritus" of that World's Fair is an amazing River Front park that has art, pathways, a carousel, and even the US Pavilion from back then. Here is a picture of me in front of the US Pavilion the day after surgery:

So, I am saying that if anyone was worried that Spokane would be a terrible place to be for 2 weeks, and might be dismissing Dr. Stiller because of that, well, don't.  ;D

Katie

Offline AllieSF

• Ain't Life Grand!!
« Reply #94 on: June 14, 2020, 07:11:08 pm »
Katie,

I was there many years ago and had dinner just over a bridge and had wonderful river water views.  we did not spend much time there, but it seemed like a great place to spend some time.

Thanks for sharing.

Allie
HRT - February 2017
Full Time - July 2018
Orchi - January 2018
BA - September 25, 2019
FFS - January 10, 2020
GRS - TBDDD (To Be Determined, Decision and Date)

Offline Susan R

• Transgender Female
  • The Real Me!
    • Susan R's Introduction
« Reply #95 on: June 15, 2020, 02:10:07 pm »
Hello Again,
This is mildly off topic, but at least it is a Dr. Stiller thread...

Probably nobody in their right mind would think of Spokane, WA as a vacation destination. Rightly so, perhaps. But unless you happen to BE from Spokane, you will get to spend at least 2 weeks here. So, I thought I should mention that this is a FABULOUS place to spend two weeks, especially if you are ambulatory! There is a 35 mile long trail along the Spokane River. It is peaceful and pleasant. From Spokane there is 22 miles east, and 13 miles west. Walk to your heart's content.

As well, Spokane hosted a World's Fair in 1974. Who knew? Well, I sure didn't. The "detritus" of that World's Fair is an amazing River Front park that has art, pathways, a carousel, and even the US Pavilion from back then. Here is a picture of me in front of the US Pavilion the day after surgery:

So, I am saying that if anyone was worried that Spokane would be a terrible place to be for 2 weeks, and might be dismissing Dr. Stiller because of that, well, don't.  ;D

Katie
Katie, you look fantastic for it being one day after major surgery in that photo. You look very happy too. I wasn’t looking forward to doing much during my upcoming two weeks in Spokane but this gives me a little hope.

Susan R🌷
Sept. 25, 2018:       Began HRT
May 19, 2019:         Out to All/Full time
June 12, 2019:        Name/Gender Marker on all ID's/Legal Docs completed
July 2, 2020:           GRS & BA Consult - Dr. Stiller
Dec 2020-Jan 2021: GRS Surgery #1 & BA
Mar 2021-Apr 2021: GRS Surgery #2

Offline KatieP

« Reply #96 on: June 15, 2020, 02:33:33 pm »
Besides the bolster bandage, the most uncomfortable thing in the first week: The top strap of the leg bag that was hiding under my skirt. It rubbed the inside of my leg a bit raw. But it sure was nice to never have to quick-find a bathroom!

;D

Katie
PS. The hospital gave me a normal, large catheter bag, but I had to ask for the leg bag. Perhaps they would have just given it to me, but I don't know...

Offline Ellie_Arroway

• ellie_arroway@susans.org
« Reply #97 on: June 15, 2020, 03:54:39 pm »
PS. The hospital gave me a normal, large catheter bag, but I had to ask for the leg bag. Perhaps they would have just given it to me, but I don't know...

To give you more of a chance of legging it if you needed to?

;D ;D ;D
Started seriously questioning: 24 Aug 2019
Referred to GIC: 23 Sep 2019
Full-time female presentation since: 21 Oct 2019, unbroken since 12 Dec 2019
Official name change by deed poll: 11 Nov 2019
HRT: probably sometime in the 22nd century...
Most of my story is in the Just another mtf tale thread!
Twitch streamer MusicEllie

Tags: