Author Topic: ‘I am Janet.’ One transgender woman’s journey and her pioneering surgery  (Read 623 times)

Offline AnneK

https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2019/11/15/i-am-janet-one-transgender-womans-journey-and-her-pioneering-surgery.html
Toronto Star
Kate AllenScience and Technology Reporter

On a Tuesday in April 2017, Janet Macbeth composed an all-office email. “My story,” read the subject line in Nishnaabemwin, the Ojibwe language.

“Hello everyone,” the email continued in Nishnaabemwin. “My name is Janet.”
I'm a 66 year old male who has been thinking about SRS for many years.  I also was a  full cross dresser for a few years.  I wear a bra, pantyhose and nail polish daily because it just feels right.

Started HRT April 17, 2019.

GordonG

I cannot read it. It wants me to subscribe to read it, which I'm not going to do.

Offline AnneK

That site generally allows a some free reads.  I have often linked to it before.

Anyone else have this problem?
I'm a 66 year old male who has been thinking about SRS for many years.  I also was a  full cross dresser for a few years.  I wear a bra, pantyhose and nail polish daily because it just feels right.

Offline Linde

• Full time for some time
Yupp, wants me to subscribe!

Offline AnneK

Yupp, wants me to subscribe!

I guess they changed.  Used to be you could read some articles, before you would be asked to pay.  I guess I won't be linking to them again.

Offline Linde

• Full time for some time
I guess they changed.  Used to be you could read some articles, before you would be asked to pay.  I guess I won't be linking to them again.
Good decision!

Offline BayleeR

• Visitor
Hi everyone. I managed to access the "The Star"s post first go and thought it was my duty as a person on this site to give others who cant read it the opporunity to do so. I have copy+pasted the post to a document if you would like to read it. The thing is that I don't seem able to upload a document to this post. Were to go from here?

Offline Susan

• Susan's Place Transgender Resources
If you use mozilla the addon "remove site cookies" can deal with most paywalls like that click the button and all of their cookies are gone including the one that tracks how many stories you have viewed. Another useful addon is "Disable Javascript" which lets you disable javascript on a site by site basis.
Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! You can also view the donor wall of fame.

Offline Janes Groove

• Jane's Groove
I just did a google search on janet macbeth, then clicked the google news option and got the story from the second choice on the results list:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/surgery-program-will-help-trans-patients-live-true-lives-toronto-hospital-says-1.5180464

"Don't answer me by telling me a problem.
I have enough of those already. Bring me a solution and then we can make a decision together."
-Nightcrawler

Offline AnneK

If you use mozilla the addon "remove site cookies" can deal with most paywalls like that click the button and all of their cookies are gone including the one that tracks how many stories you have viewed. Another useful addon is "Disable Javascript" which lets you disable javascript on a site by site basis.

I have also found using "private windows" or similar helps with some sites.  Private windows start open without anything cached or saved etc.

Offline AnneK

I just did a google search on janet macbeth, then clicked the google news option and got the story from the second choice on the results list:

The Toronto Star article goes a lot more into her life and experiences.  That article is in today's Toronto Star, which may be available in libraries and news stands elsewhere.

Tags: