Author Topic: Wondering about jesus  (Read 436 times)

Offline Sarah-Red

• Love <3
Wondering about jesus
« on: November 18, 2019, 07:11:27 pm »
Jesus. Why did you go through all that hurt? How is that honoring our heart? Why would we ever want to see you in pain??
Did humanity really hurt so much that they need to be forgiven? Maybe. I know we have at least some forgiving to do since we realize we all want to be happy. Or maybe just be happy. I don't know about humanity's past, but what I do know is that we have hearts, and we can care about you and each other just like you care about us. I think, anyway.

Just let people realize love. What else is there to do?

Love you,
<3

Online Northern Star Girl

• Previously Alaskan Danielle
  • northernstargirl@susans.org
Re: Wondering about jesus
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2019, 09:38:35 pm »
@Sarah-Red
Dear Sarah:
This Bible verse is for you!

And now these three remain: faith, hope and love.
But the greatest of these is love.

1 Corinthians 13:13   NIV

HUGS, and blessing to you.
Danielle

Jesus. Why did you go through all that hurt? How is that honoring our heart? Why would we ever want to see you in pain??
Did humanity really hurt so much that they need to be forgiven? Maybe. I know we have at least some forgiving to do since we realize we all want to be happy. Or maybe just be happy. I don't know about humanity's past, but what I do know is that we have hearts, and we can care about you and each other just like you care about us. I think, anyway.

Just let people realize love. What else is there to do?

Love you,
<3

Started HRT:   March 2015
Went Full-Time    December 2016
Quit my male-mode job and relocated to a very small town in Alaska in January 2017
I'm a blonde, blue eyed woman, Age 39

MY Avatar-->
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW
The Ramblings of a Northern*Star Girl
A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles
I am the HUNTED PREY: Danielle’s Chronicles
Things change re: ALASKAN DANIELLE
Positive Mindset... put away negativity

Started HRT:   March 2015
Quit my male-mode job and relocated to a very small town in Alaska in January 2017
I'm a blonde, blue eyed woman, Age 40

Offline Sarah-Red

• Love <3
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2019, 06:40:01 am »
@Sarah-Red
Dear Sarah:
This Bible verse is for you!

And now these three remain: faith, hope and love.
But the greatest of these is love.

Thanks, that's a good one. I'd just talked a lot with someone around the subject and even though I don't latch onto beliefs on it, I still had to wonder about a few things for what some people focus on.

I do think if people focused on love the most, it would be nice :)

Offline Sephirah

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2019, 02:51:29 pm »
I wasn't going to comment on this, but I don't think it's as much about love. Love can be... well, it can lead people to do dangerous things. One of my ex's believed a bit too much in love. What she did, she did because she thought she loved me. In her mind being controlling was down to love. Love can be altruistic, and something beautiful, but it can also be the fuel for a darker way of being. Love can lead to obsession. What someone sees as love, can be seen in other ways.

I get what you're saying, and the intent, but I don't think love is the right word. I think compassion is probably better. To give another quote from the bible:

"Two blind men were sitting by the roadside, and when they heard that Jesus was going by, they shouted, “Lord, Son of David, have mercy on us!” The crowd rebuked them and told them to be quiet, but they shouted all the louder, “Lord, Son of David, have mercy on us!” Jesus stopped and called them. “What do you want me to do for you?” he asked. “Lord,” they answered, “we want our sight.” Jesus had compassion on them and touched their eyes. Immediately they received their sight and followed him.

— Matthew 20:30-34"

Compassion, and empathy, is probably closer to what I feel you're talking about. Maybe love to a degree. But I don't think you can use that word in an all-encompassing manner, because it isn't. I know firsthand that it isn't. Love is a very powerful emotion. For some people it can be too powerful.

Offline Sarah-Red

• Love <3
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2019, 03:09:25 pm »
I wasn't going to comment on this, but I don't think it's as much about love. Love can be... well, it can lead people to do dangerous things. One of my ex's believed a bit too much in love. What she did, she did because she thought she loved me.
[...]

Compassion, and empathy, is probably closer to what I feel you're talking about. Maybe love to a degree. But I don't think you can use that word in an all-encompassing manner, because it isn't. I know firsthand that it isn't. Love is a very powerful emotion. For some people it can be too powerful.

Sephirah <3 To me love is not love if it's obsession, or the other extreme sides. But I understand what you mean, love is a charged word that's been used in many ways. You're right that compassion is a good reminder of the kind that is caring to others.

I forget that my meaning of it has changed a lot over the years, and that others wouldn't necessarily see it the same way. But in the end, love is powerful and caring, and it goes beyond just a feeling or emotion. And love can also be passionate, so not just compassion. And more. It may take more to explain what love can be  :laugh: And I do think it depends how someone is using it.

It may feel better to you by using different words, that's ok. For me it's good. I just have to remember to try to be aware of others' perspectives. :)

Offline Sephirah

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2019, 03:39:00 pm »
Sephirah <3 To me love is not love if it's obsession, or the other extreme sides.

See I kind of get what you're saying but some people do see it that way. I've had people here claim they've fallen in love with me, even want to marry me. Although they've never even met me. Love can mean different things to different people.

Honestly I get what you're saying. A selfless kind of love. A love for everything and everyone around you. That is a good thing. Sadly, it's a rare kind of person who can appreciate that, but it is a good thing to strive for. :)

Offline Sarah-Red

• Love <3
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2019, 04:32:15 pm »
See I kind of get what you're saying but some people do see it that way. I've had people here claim they've fallen in love with me, even want to marry me. Although they've never even met me. Love can mean different things to different people.

Honestly I get what you're saying. A selfless kind of love. A love for everything and everyone around you. That is a good thing. Sadly, it's a rare kind of person who can appreciate that, but it is a good thing to strive for. :)

I understand, Sephi. It's a complex subject especially because of immaturity in humans. And we all have it. I would say sometimes people project a lot on others, and the infatuation is real but if they dont fully know you and haven't met you in person and been with you and gotten to know you deeper, I wouldn't say that's fully love, but a lot of relationships have that to some degree, and I would just say that yes there's higher love.

And yes I do mean a more selfless love, but let me give you an example of why it can be self-serving too so long as the care for the other person is strong enough. Someone who loves someone else would want them to be happy. But when you love someone, it can also mean that you value them, and like to be with them, and maybe want to be intimate with them, which can be a personal thing or desire. If they love you back, then they will likely want that as well, and so it's ok to indulge in the love, because it's mutual. If they don't feel the same, and you can't let go, then that's when it's selfish, and at worst an obsession. It's ok to want to be with someone you love deeper, it's natural, but if you do care about them, then you'll take their feelings into account as much.

Of course, the world isn't always able to be like that, and we see possessiveness and people get attached to each other, which can be ok to a certain degree, it's normal, it's just there's elevated forms of love too. It can include ourselves as well. Just like when you love yourself enough you can maybe let go of something if it isn't bringing you happiness. The greater it can bring for everyone around, without excluding yourself, the better. It's up to each of us to care for ourselves, and it doesn't have to be detached from caring for others either.

Another thing I was thinking about is how when you love someone, even if they're already happy, you'd still want to make them even happier. I'm not sure what word to use for that other than love, because to me compassion leans a little bit towards feeling for the pain of others. Maybe other people would have a different way of looking at it, but I'm just trying to convey a little bit of what I mean by love :P
<3

Online Northern Star Girl

• Previously Alaskan Danielle
  • northernstargirl@susans.org
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2019, 04:38:54 pm »
@Sarah-Red
Dear Sarah:
Aside from physical romantic or lustful love as many people today think of the word LOVE....
....  the Bible is quite clear about the definition of LOVE (sometimes other translations of the Bible use the word CHARITY instead of the word LOVE) 

1 Corinthians 13:4-5: “Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs."

1 Corinthians 16:14:  "Do everything in love."

HUGS,
Danielle

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

MY Avatar-->
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW
The Ramblings of a Northern*Star Girl
A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles
I am the HUNTED PREY: Danielle’s Chronicles
Things change re: ALASKAN DANIELLE
Positive Mindset... put away negativity

Started HRT:   March 2015
I'm a blonde, blue eyed woman, Age 40

Offline Sarah-Red

• Love <3
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2019, 05:18:24 pm »
@Sarah-Red
Dear Sarah:
Aside from physical romantic or lustful love as many people today think of the word LOVE....
....  the Bible is quite clear about the definition of LOVE (sometimes other translations of the Bible use the word CHARITY instead of the word LOVE) 

1 Corinthians 13:4-5: “Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs."

1 Corinthians 16:14:  "Do everything in love."

HUGS,
Danielle

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

MY Avatar-->

Thank you again for sharing really great ones. We do need more of that in the world.
Though I will say again that it doesn't have to be non-self-seeking as far as someone would do well to love themselves as well :). (and also recognize if others love them and wouldn't want them to feel bad or not take care of themselves)

I think it's pretty hard to do everything in love, but it's definitely a good thought.

Tags: