Author Topic: Transgender Day of Remembrance 2019 Concert  (Read 412 times)

Offline MsMarlo

• Friend
Transgender Day of Remembrance 2019 Concert
« on: November 20, 2019, 12:47:17 am »
Hey everyone; I hope all is well with each and every one of y'all.  I'm sorry for not getting this out sooner, but I've been bogged down with my comprehensive exams and haven't been on-site much in the past few weeks.

Mobile, Alabama Pride and Cornerstone Metropolitan Community Church are sponsoring a Transgender Day of Remembrance concert featuring yours truly.  I am on the Board of Directors of MobPride as well as the lead guitarist for Cornerstone MCC.  Tonight's concert is a celebration of life; celebrating the lives of the trans men and women we have lost so far in 2019.  We are broadcasting live on the MobPride Facebook page (facebook.com/MobPrideAL) starting at 6:00 PM CST.

Cornerstone MCC is one of our partners, and although we are holding the concert in a church, this is not a religious ceremony but rather a good old jam session. If there is anyone that you would like us to give a shout out to, leave me a message.  I'll be checking in periodically throughout the day.

Come on by online - we'd love to see you as we celebrate the lives of the brave trans men and women we have lost this year.  Y'all take care, and please be safe!

Mari

Tags: