Author Topic: Started my journey  (Read 567 times)

Offline Carr

• Visitor
Started my journey
« on: November 22, 2019, 04:41:04 am »
I started mtf hrt April of 2018. I never went to see an endocrinologist as I ordered all I needed online. I originally just wanted to grow breasts and had no idea what emotional changes were to come. I started with medroxyprogesterone, estradiol and finasteride. Almost immediately I felt very fatigued and noticed emotional changes. The physical changes really took some time. The longer I took the medications the harder it was to stop as I felt better about going through with a transition with the only thing stopping me was fear of acceptance from others. Once I started to see and feel the physical changes I really felt relief. My slender build I think helped, i only weighed 147 at 5'10. The first thing I noticed was softening skin. I started gaining weight and noticed it in my tummy and hips. About 6 months in I started noticing soreness in my chest and at 9 months I was budding. At this point my male libido was nothing compared to what it was and I couldn't stop. Now at 18 months I have a full a cup and have to wear a sports bra for fear of them being noticed but I love it. I started this with intentions of just growing breasts but the emotions and physical feelings are overwhelming and quite fabulous.

Offline BrightWindow

• Friend
Re: Started my journey
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2019, 04:49:31 am »
Great to hear you are happily beginning on HRT!

Will you go for SRS as well? (I personally will.)
Profile picture credit:
"Nastasia (Modern)" by fawfulthegreat64
https://www.deviantart.com/fawfulthegreat64/art/Nastasia-Modern-Super-Paper-Mario-10th-676052566
Used with consent.

Offline Carr

• Visitor
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2019, 04:56:45 am »
I'm not sure at this point. I originally wasn't planning on going this far but feel so much better with myself that if I continue SRS may be in my future.

Online Devlyn

• The Forum Administrator
  • devlynmarie@susans.org
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2019, 05:23:14 am »
Hi Carr, welcome to Susan's Place! Congratulations on starting your journey.

I'm going to have to remind you of our site rules, in particular:

8. The discussion of hormone replacement therapy(HRT) and it's medications are permitted, with the following limitations:
A. You may not advocate for or against a specific medication or combinations of medication for personal gain. This is strictly prohibited.
B. You may not discuss the means to acquire HRT medications without a prescription. The discussion of self medication without a doctor's supervision is prohibited.
C. The posting of recommended, or actual dosages, is strongly discouraged to prevent information obtained on this site from being used to self medicate.

We cannot in good conscience condone the self administering of these medications. Not only may self medication be illegal, but HRT medications can cause serious health problems, and many have the potential for life-threatening side effects that can only be detected and prevented with proper medical supervision.

Here is some information to get you off to a good start on the site.

Things that you should read

Hugs, Devlyn
Veteran, US Army

Offline Carr

• Visitor
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2019, 06:37:06 am »
Thank you Devlyn

Offline Ms. Bee

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2019, 07:54:46 am »
Hi Carr,

I started mtf hormones in February 2019. I can totally relate to not wanting to stop the more you take hormones. My physical changes are similar to yours. I feel like the emotional changes come and go. In the beginning i was very tired and lethargic. Then I got really depressed. I ended on Abilify to help with depression. My endo was changing the frequency of my injections from once a week, once every five days, to two times a week. Now I feel better emotionally. Everyone tells me how young I look now, like I'm reverse aging. 

What part of the country are you in?
Do you present female full time?
What's next?

Thanks
Brianna

Offline Sophiaprincess2019

• www.tickerfactory.com
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2019, 08:48:42 am »
I started mtf hrt April of 2018. I never went to see an endocrinologist as I ordered all I needed online. I originally just wanted to grow breasts and had no idea what emotional changes were to come.

Carr, you might NOT also know that the medications you are taking could end your life, that's why you should never self-medicate. My HRT is from a Medical Doctor, a Board Certified Endocrinologist, she monitors the lipids in my blood for heart/cardiac risks, understands what strains are placed on my liver due to the presence of estrogen, etc. You could be at an increased risk for deep vein thrombosis (DVT), Pulmonary Embolism (PE) and many others.

My Mother died from renal failure after a PE.  Please do not take this matter lightly! Seek the help of a qualified Medical Professional to prescribe you HRT. We want to see you succeed. But most of all, we want you to be here to succeed.

HUGS

Sophia
1968 Assigned male at birth with feminine mannerisms
1978 Dolls and dresses
1988 Experimental stage, limited makeup and clothes
1998 Denial continues, unsuccessfully tried living as a man
12-8-2018 time for a change....
2-21-2019 Started HRT
2-21-2020 One year HRT
2-21-2021 Two years HRT

Offline Pammie

« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2019, 02:38:32 pm »
Carr, you might NOT also know that the medications you are taking could end your life, that's why you should never self-medicate. My HRT is from a Medical Doctor, a Board Certified Endocrinologist, she monitors the lipids in my blood for heart/cardiac risks, understands what strains are placed on my liver due to the presence of estrogen, etc. You could be at an increased risk for deep vein thrombosis (DVT), Pulmonary Embolism (PE) and many others.

My Mother died from renal failure after a PE.  Please do not take this matter lightly! Seek the help of a qualified Medical Professional to prescribe you HRT. We want to see you succeed. But most of all, we want you to be here to succeed.

HUGS

Sophia
Well said Sophia. I worry when I read about people self medicating with no therapy and no medical support

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Phina

« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2019, 06:28:07 pm »
Carr, as others have stated DIY can be quite dangerous.  Also know that it's never too late to seek out a doctor to help you with this.  If you weren't having a correct dosage that could do a lot to explain the fatigue and emotional changes you experienced.  Getting regular lab work can help ensure you're getting the right levels of hormones, and people who go to school for this kind of stuff can do what they train for.

Being trans is a hard enough life.  Don't put a long, happy life ahead of you at risk.

Offline Carr

• Visitor
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2021, 09:10:39 am »
I just wanted to follow up with everyone and let you all know that after the advice you all gave me I met with an endocrinologist to continue my transformation. I'm living full time passable trans now and couldn't be happier. Hugs to all of you!!!

Tags: