General Discussions > Frequently asked questions

Can't Access Forums From Phone

<< < (2/2)

ChrissyRyan:

--- Quote from: Phina on November 26, 2019, 04:58:41 pm ---I tried that, and it didn't work, sadly.
Not sure what I could have done to wind up on a blacklist.  I was able to get on using a different browser, which I suppose is a workaround now, if a tad inconvenient.

I hate feeling like I didn't something wrong, even though I don't think I did.  A little like coming out as trans to my parents, I suppose.

--- End quote ---

I am glad that another Web browser can get you through. 

Chrissy

MikaelaA:

--- Quote from: Phina on November 26, 2019, 04:58:41 pm ---Not sure what I could have done to wind up on a blacklist.  I was able to get on using a different browser, which I suppose is a workaround now, if a tad inconvenient.

I hate feeling like I didn't something wrong, even though I don't think I did.  A little like coming out as trans to my parents, I suppose.

--- End quote ---

It's not you just the IP address you are coming from.  I had the same thing happen to me as a guest so it couldn't be me as a registered user because I hadn't even tried to login at that point.  As soon as I switched my internet connection from my phone to another hotspot, I was able to get on with the same browser.  At some point in time, which could have been many years ago,  I believe some IP addresses ended up in a blacklist to mitigate some kind of actions by other users/guests. 

What did I do wrong was my first thought as well. 

ChrissyRyan:

--- Quote from: LexiLex on November 27, 2019, 06:44:27 am ---It's not you just the IP address you are coming from.  I had the same thing happen to me as a guest so it couldn't be me as a registered user because I hadn't even tried to login at that point.  As soon as I switched my internet connection from my phone to another hotspot, I was able to get on with the same browser.  At some point in time, which could have been many years ago,  I believe some IP addresses ended up in a blacklist to mitigate some kind of actions by other users/guests. 

--- End quote ---

Often the first two nodes, nnn.nnn, of an IP address can be used as a gate or trigger for a blacklist.  That is because the other nodes (to the right in the IP address) can vary for the same user even for the same Internet service provider.  So this type of book can block more than one person.

But if Phina got in with another Web browser on the same telephone and same Internet service provider an IP may not have been the block. 

At least she can get in now.

Chrissy

mariah:
Fact is it isn't if you or the other person affected didn't anything wrong. The bans can be IP based. If someone else used that IP and got banned, then you ended up eventually using that IP you would feel the affects of that ban too while on that IP. If you have questions about it, then I would suggest you reach out to a moderator, Devlyn or Susan. I hope that helps. Hugs
Mariah

--- Quote from: LexiLex on November 27, 2019, 06:44:27 am ---It's not you just the IP address you are coming from.  I had the same thing happen to me as a guest so it couldn't be me as a registered user because I hadn't even tried to login at that point.  As soon as I switched my internet connection from my phone to another hotspot, I was able to get on with the same browser.  At some point in time, which could have been many years ago,  I believe some IP addresses ended up in a blacklist to mitigate some kind of actions by other users/guests. 

--- End quote ---

Phina:

--- Quote from: Mariah on December 01, 2019, 09:36:30 am ---Fact is it isn't if you or the other person affected did anything wrong. The bans can be IP based. If someone else used that IP and got banned, then you ended up eventually using that IP you would feel the affects of that ban too while on that IP. If you have questions about it, then I would suggest you reach out to a moderator, Devlyn or Susan. I hope that helps. Hugs
Mariah

--- End quote ---

Thanks, it still says I'm banned from the forums, but only when I try on my phone on the default Samsung internet browser, whatever it's called.  It works just fine on every other computer I've tried and even on my phone, if I use a different browser.  I haven't seen anybody else respond here, so I'll try reaching out to them.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version