Author Topic: Lash Extensions  (Read 627 times)

Offline Wendi

Lash Extensions
« on: November 24, 2019, 08:55:19 am »
I'm wondering how many of you girls get lash extensions?

I had them put on Friday and I love them. I went with a full set and they really give me a more feminine appearance. The technician advised not getting them wet for 2 days so the glue really gets a chance to dry. It took about an hour and 45 minutes to have them put on.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Started HRT 1/3/2019

Offline ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
  • No act of kindness, however small, is wasted.
Re: Lash Extensions
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2019, 09:58:08 am »
I'm wondering how many of you girls get lash extensions?

I had them put on Friday and I love them. I went with a full set and they really give me a more feminine appearance. The technician advised not getting them wet for 2 days so the glue really gets a chance to dry. It took about an hour and 45 minutes to have them put on.

Are these the same as “false eyelashes”?

Chrissy
Be a good example of good behavior.  Always be kinder than needed.  Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that your speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.  Serve others.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

Offline barbie

• I change my avatar every week
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2019, 10:15:04 am »
It took about an hour and 45 minutes to have them put on.

I have never tried them. How long do they last?

Nowadays, I attach false eyelashes every day.

barbie~~

Just do it.

Offline barbie

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2019, 10:50:07 am »
I did some research on lash extensions on the internet.

They are not permanent. You need to visit the hair salon nearly every month to maintain them.
There are also some side effects.

Probably, eye extensions are not for me.

barbie~~
Just do it.

Offline Wendi

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2019, 12:34:26 pm »

Are these the same as “false eyelashes”?

Chrissy
No these are lashes glued onto your own lashes. If you're not out full time they wouldn't be good.
I'm dressed as Wendi ,24x7 so they're perfect for me.

Started HRT 1/3/2019

Offline Wendi

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2019, 12:36:32 pm »
I did some research on lash extensions on the internet.

They are not permanent. You need to visit the hair salon nearly every month to maintain them.
There are also some side effects.

Probably, eye extensions are not for me.

barbie~~
You're correct Barbie, they told me they should last 4-6 weeks and recommend a fill after 3 weeks. As your normal lashes come out obviously you'll lose these as well since they're glued on.

Started HRT 1/3/2019

Offline Allie Jayne

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2019, 07:38:33 pm »
As I am just easing in to being out full time, I am going to try RevitaLash as I’ve read good reports about it and it’s not as expensive as extensions. It is a serum which stimulates growth of your own lashes so that even the new lash hairs grow out longer. It is based on the active ingredients found in a medicine for treating severe conjunctivitis which had the side effect of lash growth. There are a lot of cheaper serums around, but they don’t have the same active ingredient, and are not as effective.

Allie

Offline JudiBlueEyes

• Family
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2019, 08:01:22 pm »
I get mine dyed every so often and it makes quite the difference.  It lasts about four weeks and I don't have to worry about the glue or having lashes fall out. 
Wind blew in, cloud was dispersed
Rainbows appearing, the pressures were burst
Breezes a-singing, now feeling good
The moment had passed like I knew that it should

Offline Wendi

« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2019, 10:37:01 pm »
As I am just easing in to being out full time, I am going to try RevitaLash as I’ve read good reports about it and it’s not as expensive as extensions. It is a serum which stimulates growth of your own lashes so that even the new lash hairs grow out longer. It is based on the active ingredients found in a medicine for treating severe conjunctivitis which had the side effect of lash growth. There are a lot of cheaper serums around, but they don’t have the same active ingredient, and are not as effective.

Allie
That sounds like a good product. I'll have to look it up.

Started HRT 1/3/2019

Offline Leesh

• Laura
  • Friend
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2020, 04:31:53 pm »
I used to wear glued eyelashes that had to be removed every evening, but I didn't like it. The glue was not good for my eyes :P I have never done it professionally, it just costs a bit much.
Recently I ordered magnetic eyelashes and I want to give them a try. Hopefully this will be my product :D

Offline Nadine Spirit

• Little Mrs. Snarky
  • Friend
    • Unordinary Style
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2020, 07:12:01 am »
I've done extensions and did them continually for about 6 months.  Meaning, I got them put on and then had them filled about once a month.  For those that don't know they are different than false lashes.  They are glued on individually or in small clusters.  They last for about 3-4 weeks more or less. 

I loved the look it gave my face.  Instantly feminizing, they are lovely.  But they are also hard on your natural lashes.  Before I first tried them my lashes were fairly long already, but the extensions thrashed them and reduced them to very small weak hairs.  The main thing I didn't like though was that you are not supposed to rub your eyes at all with them on and you need to be careful when washing and drying your face, no harsh rubbing of the lash area.  Blot to dry. 

Anywho, I stopped using them when a friend gave me some Latise, an eyelash serum.  Now my lashes are full and lush without extensions.  They are not quite as long as the extensions, but they are much easier to care for.   

Offline barbie

« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2020, 08:44:31 am »
I used to wear glued eyelashes that had to be removed every evening, but I didn't like it. The glue was not good for my eyes :P I have never done it professionally, it just costs a bit much.
Recently I ordered magnetic eyelashes and I want to give them a try. Hopefully this will be my product :D

You may choose a nicer product of glue. A few years ago, I purchased a bunch of eyelash glues at a store while visiting Japan. Their quality is excellent, not causing any problem.

I also once tried magnetic eyelashes, but it was just a waste of money.

barbie~~
Just do it.

Offline Pammie

« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2020, 11:00:53 am »
My younger daughter has vetoed this idea. I did once mention I was considering them but she was adamant im too old for that look. I think she’s right and i’m definitely not going to argue about something so trivial

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Leesh

• Laura
  • Friend
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2020, 02:01:00 am »
You may choose a nicer product of glue. A few years ago, I purchased a bunch of eyelash glues at a store while visiting Japan. Their quality is excellent, not causing any problem.

I also once tried magnetic eyelashes, but it was just a waste of money.

barbie~~

I bought mine on a heavy promotion (70% off), so if they turn out to be worthless, I won't regret that much :D I wouldn't buy them for their normal price, though. 70€ is a bit much :D
I might try other glues once (sadly, I have never been in Japan :( ), but, honestly, I think it's too much fuss to put these on. Always takes ages and I'm too clumsy to do it nicely :D

Offline barbie

« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2020, 08:07:46 am »
I might try other glues once (sadly, I have never been in Japan :( ), but, honestly, I think it's too much fuss to put these on. Always takes ages and I'm too clumsy to do it nicely :D

Avoid cheap glues, and you may try expensive glues one by one, finding out the best one for your skin and eyes. When I reuse the false eyelashes, I sanitize them with a cotton ball soaked in alcohol.

barbie~~
Just do it.

Offline JennyTG

• Family
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2021, 06:26:57 pm »

Allie

Yep.  I've had this lined up for a while recommended by my beautician.  Can't wait (good for brows as well).  Already using the conditioner from the same brand and have noticed a slight diff :)
- Jenny

Tags: