Author Topic: Have you ever changed or highlighted your hair color or wanted to do so?  (Read 644 times)

Offline ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
  • No act of kindness, however small, is wasted.
Be a good example of good behavior.  Always be kinder than needed.  Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that your speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.  Serve others.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

Offline big kim

Re: Have you ever changed or highlighted your hair color or wanted to do so?
« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2020, 11:52:35 am »
Thanks Chrissy I'm trying to grow another 6 inches before I get to old but at 63 my hair grows at a glacial speed! I can see myself in another 10  years as the mad old lady with a long white braid all the other villagers kids think is a witch!

Offline ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2020, 12:45:47 pm »
Thanks Chrissy I'm trying to grow another 6 inches before I get to old but at 63 my hair grows at a glacial speed! I can see myself in another 10  years as the mad old lady with a long white braid all the other villagers kids think is a witch!

Well you would be the “good witch” if that ends up being the case!

Chrissy
Be a good example of good behavior.  Always be kinder than needed.  Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that your speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.  Serve others.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

Offline JennyTG

• Family
« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2020, 02:19:26 pm »
I had thought about it my hairstylist insists on keeping it original for now so I will do what I'm told, lol.

- Jenny

Offline Pammie

« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2020, 02:44:03 pm »
I had thought about it my hairstylist insists on keeping it original for now so I will do what I'm told, lol.

- Jenny
Quite right Jenny! That’s what I do! Xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline JennyTG

• Family
« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2020, 04:20:05 am »
Currently i’m a redhead and it really works for me! I tried blonde but it just wasn’t me!
I do have blonde streaks in the red though. As I’ve said a few times on SP, my hairdresser is also a friend and confidant and I have completely ceded my hair colour and style to her

That's awesome you have that kind of communication.  Going through the same thing with my stylist as I grow mine out more.  I think if I ever do colour it I may go red as well.  I'm still trying to finalise the style at this point in time.

- Jenny 

Offline big kim

« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2020, 06:38:32 am »
Had a few spells as a redhead. Went from black cherry (same colour as my boyfriend's 68 Mercury Cougar) to red  then strawberry blonde before blonde again.

Offline Pammie

« Reply #27 on: November 22, 2020, 11:37:21 am »
Had a few spells as a redhead. Went from black cherry (same colour as my boyfriend's 68 Mercury Cougar) to red  then strawberry blonde before blonde again.
I always wanted blonde but it turns out it doesn’t suit me but strawberry blonde might

Offline big kim

« Reply #28 on: November 22, 2020, 02:50:24 pm »
I never thought it would suit me. I made a mess bleaching my hair from jet black to blonde . 12 year later I had it done properly and kept it for 5 years. I got bored and went black then red in various shades till going blonde again 3 years later. Stayed blonde for 5 more years then grew it out to  what's now my natural colour. When coloured or bleached my hair wouldn't grow any longer than collar bone length.

Offline ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
« Reply #29 on: November 22, 2020, 03:00:30 pm »
I never thought it would suit me. I made a mess bleaching my hair from jet black to blonde . 12 year later I had it done properly and kept it for 5 years. I got bored and went black then red in various shades till going blonde again 3 years later. Stayed blonde for 5 more years then grew it out to  what's now my natural colour. When coloured or bleached my hair wouldn't grow any longer than collar bone length.

It is interesting that hair growth stopped when you color treated your hair.
I wonder if that is more the exception or the norm.

Chrissy

Offline Pammie

« Reply #30 on: November 22, 2020, 03:02:46 pm »

It is interesting that hair growth stopped when you color treated your hair.
I wonder if that is more the exception or the norm.

Chrissy
I was thinking the same thing - I’ve never heard of that before but im going to check with Michelle - my hairdresser - as that would be a game changer!

Offline big kim

« Reply #31 on: November 23, 2020, 02:10:30 am »
Me in green with walking stick at punk rock festival & with Jenna Glitter Trash vocalist.This was the last time I had my hair coloured & it never grew longer than this while coloured. I'm mid back length now

https://scontent.fman2-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/26240597_571011413250053_2402734192641390504_o.jpg?_nc_cat=103&ccb=2&_nc_sid=cdbe9c&_nc_ohc=epLaj4KjrjYAX9pUly8&_nc_ht=scontent.fman2-1.fna&oh=0a79a3928b91e737dec66778b255064c&oe=5FE1CB22

Tags: