Author Topic: The Ramblings of a Northern*Star Girl  (Read 16233 times)

Offline Northern Star Girl

• Previously Alaskan Danielle
  • northernstargirl@susans.org
Re: The Ramblings of a Northern*Star Girl
« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2019, 03:44:50 pm »
When I saw the title of this thread, I was thinking that maybe there's someone Danielle knows or is close to her?

Then I found out, of course, it was no other than Danielle herself!

I got through maybe a quarter of your hunted quarry thread, or whatever it was called? Unfortunately, as it was longer than Lord of the Rings, I didn't have time to finish it :)

Maybe I'll be able to keep up with this one... we'll have to see!

Ellie

@Ellie_Arroway
Dear Ellie:

As others have also wondered...  there is not doubt now,
I am the very same Danielle  aka: Alaskan Danielle   aka: Northern Star Girl  in the cold up-north in Alaska.

I am flattered that you took a stab at reading my original "Hunted Prey" thread.  It is indeed long, 100 pages and almost 2,000 reply comments.   My other readers and followers have found my early experiences in my full-time life endeavors in a very small Alaskan town to be encouraging, informative, and even educations..... along with so unexpected things happening in my life....  I even re-read it from time to time.  It is my personal journal that I voluntarily share with my reades and followers here on the forums.

Below I have listed all of my other forums threads that may be of interest to you.

Thank you again for coming to my newest thread and sharing your thoughts.  Please know that you are always welcome here to post whatever you like.

HUGS and best wishes,
Danielle

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

For my new readers and potential followers: The following information and LINKS will guide you to my previous and informative threads that I had started writing back in February 2018.   Numerous threads, comments and over 18,500 posts later here I am starting all over once again, please bear with me and feel free to ask me any questions and/or make any comments that are on your mind[/size].

Started HRT:   March 2015
Went Full-Time    December 2016
Quit my male-mode job and relocated to a very small town in Alaska in January 2017
I'm a blonde, blue eyed woman, Age 39

***SEE MY LINKS BELOW
The Ramblings of a Northern*Star Girl
A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles
I am the HUNTED PREY: Danielle’s Chronicles
Things change re: ALASKAN DANIELLE
Mammogram alert
Positive Mindset... put away negativity
Susans Writers and Book Readers
Trouble posting pictures??? HERE ARE THE INSTRUCTIONS
Trouble Posting a VIDEO??? HERE ARE THE INSTRUCTIONS
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW

Started HRT:   March 2015
Quit my male-mode job and relocated to a very small town in Alaska in January 2017
I'm a blonde, blue eyed woman, Age 40

Offline Jessica

• I love you. No...... I might not know you, but if folk can hate for no good reason, I can love.
« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2019, 10:23:52 am »
I am so glad you returned!  Your positive attitude brings smiles and joy to many here that find smiles and joy hard to find.  When you show us that life is how you make and deal with the hardships that come on this rough road we have chosen, it makes us realize it can be done.

Thank you so much for being that guiding light in the north!

Hugs and smiles, Jess 🌸🌸🌸

@Northern Star Girl

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2019, 03:30:13 pm »
UPDATE:  December 05, 2019     
2:05PM Montana Time at my Sweetie's parent's home    12:05PM Alaskan Time back home

TRAVEL PLANS

Well, my wonderful Thanksgiving holiday visit with my Sweetie TootFairy and her parents and family in Montana near Billings will so becoming to a close.

This weekend, most likely early Saturday morning we will be heading west through Montana, Northern Idaho and then Washington State.  We will make some stops to visit friends on the way back before we finally end up at the Seattle-Tacoma Airport (SeaTac to those that know these things) to fly back home to Alaska.

We will be stopping in Bozeman, MT, then Coeur d'Alene, Idaho,   Spokane, WA,   Moses Lake, WA,   then further Northwest to the little town on Sequim, WA before heading back toward the airport......  these will generally be very brief stops with a likely overnight stops in Spokane WA and another overnight stay in Federal Way, near the airport.

It has been a fun, enjoyable, and personally rewarding trip, especially for me for gaining acceptance from my new "family" in Montana.   
Both my ToothFairy and I need to get back to our jobs, we both have more vacation plans in the future but we need the income as well.... bills have to be paid.   
Work is the yeast that raises the dough as my father always told me when I was growing up.

I will try to post some more pictures soon.
Thank you for following my thread, I will all of my readers and followers well and good health.

HUGS,
Danielle

cc: @Jessica
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW

Offline davina61

• The ramblings of an old dear
« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2019, 03:37:32 pm »
Safe trip home , breaks are never long enough are they.
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever

Offline Jessica

• I love you. No...... I might not know you, but if folk can hate for no good reason, I can love.
« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2019, 03:50:52 pm »
Drive safely, as I know the route you are taking and it can be spectacular!
If you get a chance to visit Sequim on the other side of the Sound, you could possibly experience the weather I enjoy in California.  It’s in the rain shadow of Mount Olympus.

Hugs and smiles from a California girl

ps: I will be heading on my vacation to Mexico on Saturday as well.  I may have no internet at all for a week.

@Northern Star Girl

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2019, 04:15:21 pm »
Drive safely, as I know the route you are taking and it can be spectacular!
If you get a chance to visit Sequim on the other side of the Sound, you could possibly experience the weather I enjoy in California.  It’s in the rain shadow of Mount Olympus.

Hugs and smiles from a California girl

@Northern Star Girl
@Jessica
Dear Jess:
I definitely agree with what you stated., I was in the Sequim and Port Angeles area last year to attend a wedding.... very lovely area, small towns, mountains, water, and as you stated Sequim has a dryer and sunnier climate that is similar to Northern California...... and, however,  not as many earthquakes....  ::)

*I do have a very important specific stop to make in that area so I will be there for sure.

As you and others may know from my description of the route that my ToothFairy and I will be driving, we will be on Interstate-90 all the way from Billings, MT to Seattle, WA.   We will be going over many mountain passes on the way back and may be experiencing so difficult winter driving in the snow and cold.   We have a properly equipped vehicle and we are both Alaska Girls so we have a handle on how to drive in that kind of weather.

There are several mountain passes on the way back but the most significant ones are:
*** HomeStake Pass right before Butte, MT...  it goes over the Continental Divide in the Rockies at 6923 feet elevation at the summit.
***Lookout Pass between Montana and Idaho, at an elevation at the summit of 4710 feet.
***Snoqualmie Pass at the end of the drive through Eastern Washington, drops into Seattle.  Elevation at the summit is 2726 feet.  It is quite a bit lower in elevation than the other passes but the Pacific Northwest part of Washington State is very rainy and that means lots of snow and ice in the winter.

All three of the passes can bring on difficult travel in the winter time... travel delays especially on Snoqualmie Pass are common, I am told because it is so busy being close to the major city of Seattle and the route is the major east/west road from Seattle to the east.

HUGS,
Danielle
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW

GordonG

« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2019, 04:15:45 pm »
I've traveled the same route as you many times, as we have a daughter who lives in Helena MT and used to live in Bozeman.  I live in Arlington WA which is about 40 miles NE of Edmonds WA where you'll probably catch the Edmonds-Kingston ferry to go to Sequim.

I wish you a pleasant journey.

Offline Jessica

« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2019, 04:26:50 pm »
@Jessica
Dear Jess:
I definitely agree with what you stated., I was in the Sequim and Port Angeles area last year to attend a wedding.... very lovely area, small towns, mountains, water, and as you stated Sequim has a dryer and sunnier climate that is similar to Northern California...... and, however,  not as many earthquakes....  ::)

*I do have a very important specific stop to make in that area so I will be there for sure.

As you and others may know from my description of the route that my ToothFairy and I will be driving, we will be on Interstate-90 all the way from Billings, MT to Seattle, WA.   We will be going over many mountain passes on the way back and may be experiencing so difficult winter driving in the snow and cold.   We have a properly equipped vehicle and we are both Alaska Girls so we have a handle on how to drive in that kind of weather.

There are several mountain passes on the way back but the most significant ones are:
*** HomeStake Pass right before Butte, MT...  it goes over the Continental Divide in the Rockies at 6923 feet elevation at the summit.
***Lookout Pass between Montana and Idaho, at an elevation at the summit of 4710 feet.
***Snoqualmie Pass at the end of the drive through Eastern Washington, drops into Seattle.  Elevation at the summit is 2726 feet.  It is quite a bit lower in elevation than the other passes but the Pacific Northwest part of Washington State is very rainy and that means lots of snow and ice in the winter.

All three of the passes can bring on difficult travel in the winter time... travel delays especially on Snoqualmie Pass are common, I am told because it is so busy being close to the major city of Seattle and the route is the major east/west road from Seattle to the east.

HUGS,
Danielle

I lived in the shadow of Mount Rainier for years and I’m quite aware of its volcanic potential.
I would rather street surf than mess with a volcanic lahar!

Oh and by the way, stop at Snoqualmie Falls if you have the time and post your smiling face in front of it.

Hugs and smiles 🌸🌸🌸

« Reply #28 on: December 05, 2019, 04:45:01 pm »
I lived in the shadow of Mount Rainier for years and I’m quite aware of its volcanic potential.
I would rather street surf than mess with a volcanic lahar!

Oh and by the way, stop at Snoqualmie Falls if you have the time and post your smiling face in front of it.

Hugs and smiles 🌸🌸🌸

@Jessica
Dear Jess:
I tend to agree with you about volcanoes versus earthquakes, however I don't wish to be in either scenario.
My friends in Bozeman, MT are less than 70 miles from Yellowstone, and of course that area is know for the Yellowstone Super Volcano that can take out most of the Western States if that goes off.   Like my friends told me, it is better to be at ground-zero and have it over in a flash than to suffer the long term consequences of such a large nearby disaster.

We are going to make a few stops in the Seattle area, one of them will hopefully be at the famous Pike Place Market in Seattle,  I am not sure about Snoqualmie Falls however, it may be dark by the time we get there.  We will play it by ear, it will be a long, long drive.

When I get time I am planning to post a few photos from my visit in Montana.... one hopefully of the family "cousins" lunch out went very well... I felt so included in all the activities.
I do not want to ignore my hosts too much by being online all of the time.  Since I was there last August the cell phone coverage is much better now... a new tower in that area perhaps? 
I am already being sternly looked at by my Toothfairy-sweetie when I get stuck behind my laptop for too long.

HUGS,
Danielle

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

For my new readers and followers: The following information and LINKS will guide you to my previous and informative threads that I had started writing back in February 2018.   Numerous threads, comments and over 18,500 posts later here I am starting all over once again, please bear with me and feel free to ask me any questions and/or make any comments that are on your mind.

***SEE MY LINKS BELOW
Mammogram alert
« Last Edit: December 05, 2019, 11:27:50 pm by Northern Star Girl »
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW

Offline KathyLauren

• Casting off dull certainty
« Reply #29 on: December 05, 2019, 04:54:59 pm »
a dryer and sunnier climate that is similar to Northern California...... and, however,  not as many earthquakes....  ::)

It only takes one: the Big One, which is due any year now.   :o

Still, I hope you and your Sweetie have a pleasant drive, free of earthquakes, tsunamis and volcanic lahars, not to mention snow closures.  And I hope you have a pleasant flight home.
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly, beginning full-time; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2019-10-18 Phone consultation for GRS; 2020-03-11 GRS!

Offline JudiBlueEyes

• Family
« Reply #30 on: December 05, 2019, 07:46:05 pm »
Danielle, please drive safely (I know you will).  And heed the TF and enjoy time with your hosts.  You can post later.  We'll all be here!
Judi
Wind blew in, cloud was dispersed
Rainbows appearing, the pressures were burst
Breezes a-singing, now feeling good
The moment had passed like I knew that it should

Offline Emma1017

« Reply #31 on: December 06, 2019, 08:56:55 am »
Danielle it is always a pleasure to read your threads.  The absolutely positive nature has made me smile during some really tough days.  Your smile cuts through the blues every time.

Have a wonderful trip with your sweetie.  It all sounds soooo cool!  Enjoy!!!

Hugs,

Emma
The heart has reasons that reason can not understand.

My Transgender Manifesto

« Reply #32 on: December 08, 2019, 08:46:51 am »
UPDATE:   Sunday morning 6:30AM  December 08, 2019.

On the way home.   My sweetie and I left her parents home (near Billings, MT) yesterday morning. 
The roads (Interstate 90) were icy and filled with snow but as we kept heading west toward the Idaho line
it cleared up and warmed up substantially.

We stayed the night last night with friends in Coeur d'Alene, Idaho not too far from the Washington State line.  We are getting ready to go to early church service with our friends and then will get back on the road heading west through Washington toward Seattle.   We will be stopping along the way in Moses Lake, WA to briefly visit other friends that we know there.

We have another couple days of travel, sight seeing and visiting before our flight leaves for back home in Alaska on Wednesday.

When I am not driving and if I have enough good cell service I will try to attach some photos of my life and times with my sweetie and her very accepting parents.

QUESTIONS for my followers:
What have you been doing this week and the week of the Thanksgiving holiday ???
Please feel free to share your recent adventures here on my thread.

HUGS and best wishes,
Danielle

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

For my new readers and potential followers: The following information and LINKS will guide you to my previous and informative threads that I had started writing back in February 2018.   Numerous threads, comments and over 18,500 posts later here I am starting all over once again, please bear with me and feel free to ask me any questions and/or make any comments that are on your mind.

***SEE MY LINKS BELOW
Mammogram alert
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW

« Reply #33 on: December 09, 2019, 06:30:55 pm »
UPDATE:  MONDAY,  December 09, 2019

Our travel update... we made it last night to Federal Way, Washington, about 20 miles south of Seattle.  The roads were basically clear once we got into Idaho on Interstate 90.

In Federal Way, we are staying with friends of my ToothFairy sweetie... they were both working today so we have their house to ourselves.... which is just fine, we are relaxing and just doing nothing today trying to recover from our road trip.  Both of us have been catching up with our online chores and activites... paying bills, contacting friends and of course I am spending time on the Susan's Place Forums.

We are on our way Tuesday, tomorrow morning further west to the Olympic Peninsula to the small towns of
Sequim and Port  Angeles to see friends there, that evening we will drive back to our hotel near the Seattle airport to spend Tuesday night and be able to be at the airport very early Wednesday morning for our flight back home.

@Emma1017  @JudiBlueEyes  @KathyLauren  @Jessica  @GordonG  @Davina61 @Ellie_Arroway  @Donica
@Lexxi  @Dorit  @Linde  @AllieSF  @ChrissyRyan  @Laura1951
Thank you friends mentioned above and all other of my followers and readers for your well wishes and taking the time to comment on my thread.

HUGS and more HUGS 
Danielle
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW

Offline Jessica

« Reply #34 on: December 09, 2019, 06:43:57 pm »
UPDATE:  MONDAY,  December 09, 2019

Our travel update... we made it last night to Federal Way, Washington, about 20 miles south of Seattle.  The roads were basically clear once we got into Idaho on Interstate 90.

In Federal Way, we are staying with friends of my ToothFairy sweetie... they were both working today so we have their house to ourselves.... which is just fine, we are relaxing and just doing nothing today trying to recover from our road trip.  Both of us have been catching up with our online chores and activites... paying bills, contacting friends and of course I am spending time on the Susan's Place Forums.

We are on our way Tuesday, tomorrow morning further west to the Olympic Peninsula to the small towns of
Sequim and Port  Angeles to see friends there, that evening we will drive back to our hotel near the Seattle airport to spend Tuesday night and be able to be at the airport very early Wednesday morning for our flight back home.

@Emma1017  @JudiBlueEyes  @KathyLauren  @Jessica  @GordonG  @Davina61 @Ellie_Arroway  @Donica
@Lexxi  @Dorit  @Linde  @AllieSF  @ChrissyRyan  @Laura1951
Thank you friends mentioned above and all other of my followers and readers for your well wishes and taking the time to comment on my thread.

HUGS and more HUGS 
Danielle

❄️🌸💕🌸❄️

Offline Jessica

« Reply #35 on: December 09, 2019, 09:56:00 pm »
A break from reality with all its drama is necessary to help keep a balanced reality.
Ian so happy that you’ve been able to take this break into an alternate way of thinking and being, even for just awhile.
You certainly have broken the day to day humdrum by spending it with loved ones that love you
❄️🌸💕🌸❄️

« Reply #36 on: December 10, 2019, 12:35:36 am »
Dear Readers and Followers:
It's getting late, about 10:30PM here in Federal Way, Washiington....  heading west to the Olympic Peninsula tomorrow morning.

I want to take a moment to sincerely thank my readers and followers that have come to my
new thread here and have posted comments.... "The Ramblings of a Northern*Star Girl"

@Jessica         @Laura1951         @ChrissyRyan     
@AllieSF           @GordonG          @Linde       
@Lexxi         @Davina61          @Dorit       
@Donica          @Ellie_ArrowWay          @Emma1017         
@KathyLauren         @JudiBlueEyes

My previous member name was  Alaskan Danielle  and I am aware that many of my  Alaskan Danielle  followers were not aware of my new member name  Northern Star Girl  and had difficulty finding me on the Forums.  Thank you to all for finding me here.

HUGS and best wishes to you all.
Danielle
  (formerly Alaskan Danielle)
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

For my new readers and potential followers: The following information and LINKS will guide you to my previous and informative threads that I had started writing back in February 2018.   Numerous threads, comments and over 18,500 posts later here I am starting all over once again, please bear with me and feel free to ask me any questions and/or make any comments that are on your mind[/size].

***SEE MY LINKS BELOW
Mammogram alert
« Last Edit: December 10, 2019, 01:44:36 pm by Northern Star Girl »
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW

Offline davina61

• The ramblings of an old dear
« Reply #37 on: December 10, 2019, 03:44:43 am »
Well seeing we have been dumped in the blog section its not surprising no one can find us. Last day of my holiday today so back to the grind tomorrow. Safe trip back home and stoke the fire up!!
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever

Offline Ellie_Arroway

• ellie_arroway@susans.org
« Reply #38 on: December 10, 2019, 12:50:04 pm »
I like your current avatar; most appropriate!

I'm sure it will change, so for the benefit of readers who are just coming to this thread, it depicts Ursa Major (the Plough, the Great Bear, the Big Dipper, the Saucepan; I'm sure it has many other names) pointing towards Polaris, otherwise known of course as the Northern Star.

That brings back some beautiful childhood memories for me! I was fascinated by astronomy and sometimes I remember just lying down outside on a clear, starry night, and marvelling at the stars. It made me feel at peace with the world, somehow!

Thank you so much Danielle for triggering those wonderful memories!

I own an 8" reflector but I haven't used it for years. I'm too lazy to get it out anymore.

Ellie
Started seriously questioning: 24 Aug 2019
Referred to GIC: 23 Sep 2019
Full-time female presentation since: 21 Oct 2019, unbroken since 12 Dec 2019
Official name change by deed poll: 11 Nov 2019
HRT: "kind of" started 15 Jul 2020
Most of my story is in the Just another mtf tale thread!
Twitch streamer MusicEllie

« Reply #39 on: December 10, 2019, 01:04:28 pm »
Well seeing we have been dumped in the blog section its not surprising no one can find us. Last day of my holiday today so back to the grind tomorrow. Safe trip back home and stoke the fire up!!
@Davina61
Dear Davina:
Thank you for finding me... I am confusing my long time members, they tell me that they can't find me !!!
I guess it is my fault, I changed my long-time member name
from Alaskan Danielle  to  Northern Star Girl ...
... and also all 3 of my personal threads have been moved to the BLOG section of the Forums. 
The good news is that our threads with recent activity show up on the Recent Topics section.

We are driving now to continue our trip and next stops before we head back to the Seattle airport area tonight.
  Tonight we have an airport hotel, so it will be easy to get on our early Wednesday morning flight back home to Alaska.

Thank you for writing and sharing your good thoughts.

HUGS and more HUGS,
Danielle
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW

Tags: