Author Topic: The Ramblings of a Northern*Star Girl  (Read 14696 times)

Offline Donica

• Smiling again!!!
Re: The Ramblings of a Northern*Star Girl
« Reply #500 on: May 18, 2020, 04:03:44 pm »
Beautiful!
Rebirth June 9, 2017. Started HRT August 22, 2017. Came out June 16, 2017, Full time July 9, 2018. Started FHR August 9, 2018.
Started VFT September 19, 2018, Name and Gender change October 19. 2018, FFS 09/06/2019, Progesterone 10/18/2019.

Offline AllieSF

• Ain't Life Grand!!
« Reply #501 on: May 18, 2020, 05:21:44 pm »
Beautiful and gorgeous too!!
HRT - February 2017
Full Time - July 2018
Orchi - January 2018
BA - September 25, 2019
FFS - January 10, 2020
GRS - TBDDD (To Be Determined, Decision and Date)

Online Northern Star Girl

• Previously Alaskan Danielle
  • northernstargirl@susans.org
« Reply #502 on: May 20, 2020, 09:16:15 pm »
UPDATE:  Wednesday early afternoon 6:00PM, May 20, 2020

Hello friends and followers....
It has been a while since I have posted one of my regular updates..... so here goes!

Summer is coming F-A-S-T     Having very long daylight hours now...
Sunrise    4:03AM        Sunset   11:34PM

With the longer days the temperatures are going up quickly day by day.
Today the temperature an hour or so ago got up to 61 deg(f) partly sunny, or is it partly cloudy?  Always a question mark in my mind when I read a weather forecast with that nomenclature.  Nighttime temperatures around 38 deg(f)

I got some of my garden seeds and bulbs planted in my raised beds and already I am seeing sprouting green shoots coming up.  Garden vegetables and summer flowers are soon coming.  My fence is up around my garden to keep the critters out.   I will post pictures soon.

My work has really picked up now that the Alaska lock-down is just about over state-wide.  I have had a lot of clients come in with tax work and other financial work that has been piling up because they we stuck at home for weeks on end.   I was able to give my guy employee his full-time hours back and if business continues to pick up I will soon be able to put my part time gal back to work for me too.

I have been enjoying the next door coffee shop now that it is up and fully running again.  All the employees came back so I know everyone there including my favorite Barista (at one time she was my Suitor #5)
I am seeing the regulars coming in now as they once did.... great conversations over a cup of coffee and a meal.

My tooth-fairy sweetie
and I are getting along well and getting together often.  She has just started going back to her job as a Dental Hygienist now that the Dentist office is open for business again.   During the lock-down we were at each others home every other night to share dinner and to sit in front of the fireplace to warm our toes and to sit and read... and just enjoy being with each other.

I am missing some of my oldest and dearest forums friends and at the same time I am making new friends here.  Things change and at the same time things stay the same... that is called the cycle of friendships, relationships and also life.   
                  Things change re: ALASKAN DANIELLE

I will be looking forward to hearing from my readers and followers and I make a point to seek out and read many of the threads and comments every time I login to the Forums.
As has always been the case, any of you can bring your various discussions here to my thread if you wish.  Consider my thread a living room of sorts where we can all sit down, relax, and have a conversation, or several conversations.   Photo attachments are always welcome here.

Many HUGS and best wishes to all... stay safe, stay healthy.
Danielle

« Last Edit: May 21, 2020, 07:33:10 am by Northern Star Girl »
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW
The Ramblings of a Northern*Star Girl
A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles
I am the HUNTED PREY: Danielle’s Chronicles
Positive Mindset... put away negativity

Started HRT:   March 2015
Went Full-Time    December 2016
Quit my male-mode job and relocated to a very small town in Alaska in January 2017
I'm a blonde, blue eyed woman, Age 40

Offline Jane.Shannon

• Neighbor
« Reply #503 on: May 21, 2020, 12:57:05 am »
Danielle,
I think I have finally finished reading your threads.  I really enjoyed that they are about life, and not really about transition.  I have worked hard to make transition just a thing in my life instead of letting it become my whole life.  I really don't want to get to the "end" only to realize I lost myself in the process.  So thank you for being inspiring and for sharing your life.
Take care,
Jane
Jun 2019: Came out to all immediate family
Aug 2019: Started HRT
Dec 2019: Hair Feminization Surgery

Online CynthiaAnn

• like totally dig that pacific pulse....
« Reply #504 on: May 21, 2020, 07:55:55 am »
I really enjoyed that they are about life, and not really about transition. 

Good Morning, I agree with Jane above, it's nice you post about "real life" and living beyond transition. I enjoy reading about other's lives that have gone through this.

Very nice update Danielle, you are no doubt enjoying the longer days, that helps your garden explode into life  :)

Hugs

Cyndi
kindness is love nurturing your soul....

Offline JudiBlueEyes

• Family
« Reply #505 on: May 21, 2020, 11:50:52 am »
Hi Danielle.  No comments recently, sorry I've haven't been well so I've limited my online time.  I'm glad spring has arrived and know you do as well.
Judi
Wind blew in, cloud was dispersed
Rainbows appearing, the pressures were burst
Breezes a-singing, now feeling good
The moment had passed like I knew that it should

Offline sarahc

• Sarah
« Reply #506 on: May 21, 2020, 01:44:59 pm »
Totally agree with this, and this is why I love Danielle’s threads as well.

Sarah

Danielle,
I think I have finally finished reading your threads.  I really enjoyed that they are about life, and not really about transition.  I have worked hard to make transition just a thing in my life instead of letting it become my whole life.  I really don't want to get to the "end" only to realize I lost myself in the process.  So thank you for being inspiring and for sharing your life.
Take care,
Jane
----
47 years young.
Known that I am trans since...forever.
First therapy session / decided to transition / hair removal: October 2018
HRT: January 2019 (journal https://www.susans.org/forums/index.phpVF/topic,244009.0.html)
VFS: September 2019; three-month report here
Full-time: April 2020
FFS: April August 2020 (assuming no more coronavirus-driven rescheduling... :-\)
SRS: January 2021

Offline Ellie_Arroway

• ellie_arroway@susans.org
« Reply #507 on: May 21, 2020, 04:37:17 pm »
Danielle has a really interesting life story, and a good one!

Mine would not be nearly as interesting... unless you like to know about PC components, streaming on Twitch, software development, and stuff like that!
Started seriously questioning: 24 Aug 2019
Referred to GIC: 23 Sep 2019
Full-time female presentation since: 21 Oct 2019, unbroken since 12 Dec 2019
Official name change by deed poll: 11 Nov 2019
HRT: probably sometime in the 22nd century...
Most of my story is in the Just another mtf tale thread!
Twitch streamer MusicEllie

« Reply #508 on: May 21, 2020, 05:27:33 pm »
Danielle,
Take care,
Jane

@Jane.Shannon
Dear Jane:
Thank you for your kind words... and WOW, if you read all three of my Chronicles and Hunted prey threads you know a lot about my life's journey.   The Hunted Prey thread gives a good overview of the Life and Times of me, a Full-Time Woman that relocated far from home to start a woman owned business in a small Alaskan town.

It is filled with accounts of quitting my male-mode executive job... and moving to Alaska and starting my business as a woman, navigating the uncharted waters of Suitors (both male and female), Romantic entanglements, coming out and revealing my past life to my Dental Hygienist and most of the town back in the months of March and April 2018.  ... and the story continued with the Alaskan Danielle thread and this Northern*Star Girl thread. 

I am so glad that you were motivated to read what I have written and you were even inspired... I am humbled by that statement for sure.

Thank you for posting and sharing.

The following is my preamble as I started my life here in Alaska after becoming Full Time in December 2016... and  all of the most important threads that I have started.... if you have any questions please let me know.

For my new readers and potential followers: The following information and LINKS will guide you to my previous and informative threads that I had started writing back in February 2018.   Numerous threads, comments and over 26,000 posts later here I am, as always, writing more, please bear with me and feel free to ask me any questions and/or make any comments that are on your mind.

HUGS and best wishes to you and all of my readers and followers...
Danielle

Started HRT:   March 2015
Quit my male-mode job and relocated to a very small town in Alaska in January 2017
I'm a blonde, blue eyed woman, Age 39

***SEE MY LINKS BELOW
Mammogram alert
Susans Writers and Book Readers
Trouble posting pictures??? HERE ARE THE INSTRUCTIONS
Trouble Posting a VIDEO??? HERE ARE THE INSTRUCTIONS

***SEE MY LINKS BELOW

« Reply #509 on: May 21, 2020, 05:36:54 pm »
@JudiBlueEyes  @Ellie_Arroway 
@sarahc  @CynthiaAnn  @Jane.Shannon

Dear Judi, Ellie, Sarah, Cyndi, and Jane
Thank you so very much for being regular visitors to and followers of my writings and my threads... 
I always appreciate what you have to say and many times I am humbled by your way-too-kinds words that you write in your comments and messages.

HUGS and best wishes... stay safe, stay healthy.

Danielle

Hi Danielle.  No comments recently, sorry I've haven't been well so I've limited my online time.  I'm glad spring has arrived and know you do as well.
Judi
Danielle has a really interesting life story, and a good one!

Mine would not be nearly as interesting... unless you like to know about PC components, streaming on Twitch, software development, and stuff like that!
Totally agree with this, and this is why I love Danielle’s threads as well.

Sarah
Good Morning, I agree with Jane above, it's nice you post about "real life" and living beyond transition. I enjoy reading about other's lives that have gone through this.

Very nice update Danielle, you are no doubt enjoying the longer days, that helps your garden explode into life  :)

Hugs

Cyndi
Danielle,
Take care,
Jane
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW

Offline EllenW

« Reply #510 on: May 21, 2020, 07:33:00 pm »
I am so happy for you that your diner is open. All of our diners are still closed and when they do open we will not be able to mingle with other customers

Ellen
Known all my life I was different
Started to live part time as my true self in 2010
HRT January 2018
Full time at work Febuary 2018
Legal name and gender change January 2019

Offline davina61

• The ramblings of an old dear
« Reply #511 on: May 22, 2020, 03:01:54 am »
Great that things are getting back to normal, makes you appreciate things more I think. Still in limbo here, small steps in relaxing rules but having to be very careful .
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever

« Reply #512 on: May 24, 2020, 01:50:09 pm »
UPDATE:  Saturday morning 10:30AM  May 24th, 2020

Here it is the day before the Memorial Day holiday ...   my original plans were to go on a hike this afternoon after church but it has started raining so the hike is not going to happen.   

Here, things are pretty well wide open so a small group of us church gals are going to have lunch at one of the small restaurants in town.   I am not certain what my plans are later.... but it will probably involve my tooth-fairy sweetie.

As far as the Memorial Holiday on Monday, there is a 95% chance of rain so I am hosting a small gathering for me, my tooth-fairy, and a single-woman friend at my home... inside .... standard traditional summer holiday food....  Hot Dogs, Cheeseburgers, Potato Salad, chips & dip, etc.   I wanted to buy a watermelon for the holiday and they are so very expensive up here, so at $14.00 at this early time of the "summer" I decided to forego that luxury.

I know that this Covid-19 thing is altering the ways that most of us will celebrate the Memorial Day Holiday tomorrow... the unofficial first day of summer.   

***Question:   What are your plans for the Monday holiday?   What about where you live?... please share about your location's shutdown status?   Stores, Gyms, Movies, Churches, Parks,  Beaches, Lakes, Recreation, etc. ???

As always, I love to read your reply comments on my thread or around the various forum's threads.

Stay Safe and Stay Healthy, and try to have some fun this weekend.

HUGS and more HUGS,
Danielle
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW

Offline sarahc

• Sarah
« Reply #513 on: May 24, 2020, 02:49:19 pm »
I will see my mom for lunch. Then I will probably go on a long walk / run. And I’ll make strawberry shortcake for myself.

There are some friends of mine hosting an outdoor, socially-distanced, bring-your-own-food Memorial Day party, but I just don’t want to take any chances with potentially infecting my mom (with whom I do not socially distance). Plus I have both dentist and orthodontist appointments coming up this week, and I don’t want to put my dental care team at risk either. The reality is that my part of Maryland is still not yet in great shape in terms of controlling the virus. Bummer.

Sarah
----
47 years young.
Known that I am trans since...forever.
First therapy session / decided to transition / hair removal: October 2018
HRT: January 2019 (journal https://www.susans.org/forums/index.phpVF/topic,244009.0.html)
VFS: September 2019; three-month report here
Full-time: April 2020
FFS: April August 2020 (assuming no more coronavirus-driven rescheduling... :-\)
SRS: January 2021

Offline Ellie_Arroway

• ellie_arroway@susans.org
« Reply #514 on: May 24, 2020, 03:39:22 pm »
We have a bank holiday here in the UK. In Wales, we are still not allowed to travel without a good reason. They opened up garden centres since the lockdown started but that's all. I think our R figure is pretty close to 1, so I expect it will stay that way for a while longer.

Regardless of it being a bank holiday, I expect to be working on a contract tomorrow. - E
Started seriously questioning: 24 Aug 2019
Referred to GIC: 23 Sep 2019
Full-time female presentation since: 21 Oct 2019, unbroken since 12 Dec 2019
Official name change by deed poll: 11 Nov 2019
HRT: probably sometime in the 22nd century...
Most of my story is in the Just another mtf tale thread!
Twitch streamer MusicEllie

Offline RandyL

• Non-binary
« Reply #515 on: May 24, 2020, 08:59:55 pm »
Colorado is starting to ease, but I think it's more about the politics than any epidemiological reasoning. We still have a steady drumbeat of cases. My electrologist is open although I'm not going yet. You can get a haircut but everybody has to wear a mask. Gatherings up to 10 people are Ok.

My wife and I did an outdoor socially distanced picnic with 2 of her best friends yesterday. Then we attended a concert (!) yesterday afternoon in a friend's back yard. She rents part of her house to a professional musician couple, so they performed for 6 of us and we pitched in some money. They are very good and it was fun to have live music.

Now it's raining and might snow tonight. The hummingbirds are aggressively stocking up at the feeder.

Sent from my dual-floppy Victor 9000 using Tapatalk

Casting about for my best path forward...

Offline Jane.Shannon

• Neighbor
« Reply #516 on: May 25, 2020, 12:13:54 am »
We are taking it easy at home.  The kids want to set up a tent in the living room to "camp out."  My wife uses the quieter days to "experiment" in  the kitchen.  Which normally works out well by dinner time.  I am building a wooden fruit basket, so I plan on finishing that project, and hopefully starting the next one.

Jun 2019: Came out to all immediate family
Aug 2019: Started HRT
Dec 2019: Hair Feminization Surgery

Offline KathyLauren

• Casting off dull certainty
« Reply #517 on: May 25, 2020, 11:45:02 am »
Danielle, that's great that things in your town are starting to open up.

It sounds like spring only lasts a couple of weeks there.  It's not that long ago, you were telling us about still having snow on the ground and sub-zero temperatures.  Now it's summer already.  ENjoy it while it lasts.

Our holiday was last week (Victoria Day).  We didn't really notice.

Our neighbours wanted to borrow one of my tools the other day.  All three of them (two adults and one toddler) came over to pick it up, even though it would have fit in one pocket.  I think that, like us, they just needed an outing and some human contact.  We had a nice socially-distanced chat out in the front yard.

Today, someone was dropping off some plants for us that we had ordered in a charity fundraiser.  The rendezvous was at a big truck stop in town.  We stood beside our respective cars and had a chat in the parking lot.

Things are pretty restricted here.  Restaurants are only allowed to open for drive-thru or take-out.  Only one member of a household is allowed in an establishment, and most places have restrictions on how many customers can be inside at a time.  Many businesses are just closed for the duration.

There are a few ignorant sods, but most people cooperate with the restrictions.  As a result, the infection rate in Nova Scotia has dropped significantly.  Our region has had no new cases for several weeks.  People are afraid of what will happen when they start relaxing restrictions.  The tourism industry will be clamouring to open back up, but if the government is smart, that will be the last thing to open.

Personally, I am fine with the restrictions.  I had my surgery just before everything closed down, so I have been using the time to recover.  By the time community gatherings are allowed, I'll be able to move and sit normally and no one will even know that I had it.  (It's not a secret, but I haven't advertised it at all.) 
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly, beginning full-time; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2019-10-18 Phone consultation for GRS; 2020-03-11 GRS!

Offline davina61

• The ramblings of an old dear
« Reply #518 on: May 25, 2020, 12:50:30 pm »
Much the same as any day in the last (lost count!) weeks, fixed BFFs electric hedge trimmer as she cut cable then worked on van till had enough. Made an Eves pudding as apples going wrinkly , chucked some blueberries in as well.
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever

Offline Emma1017

« Reply #519 on: May 25, 2020, 03:54:44 pm »
Memorial Day in New York has been a pretty odd.  Our beaches are closed but everyone is finding a way.  We had hot dogs and cold beer today.  The weather is in the high 60s.  Every day at 7 pm the neighborhood goes out and whistles, claps and bangs pots to salute the medical heroes and first responders.   It is one way to thank them for their service.

One of our neighbors who is a mortician told me he has finally felt a slow down...Thank God.  We are all looking for things to open up a little.  Fortunately the neighborhood restaurants have been doing take out.

We are lucky, we have a wrap-around porch with a comfortable wicker set.  In the evenings we take our dog outside with a glass of wine.

The heart has reasons that reason can not understand.

My Transgender Manifesto

Tags: