Author Topic: The Ramblings of a Northern*Star Girl  (Read 16132 times)

Offline Wendi

Re: The Ramblings of a Northern*Star Girl
« Reply #580 on: July 02, 2020, 06:58:48 am »
That is beautiful. Do you have any idea what the temperature was way up there with the snow?

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Started HRT 1/3/2019

Online Northern Star Girl

• Previously Alaskan Danielle
  • northernstargirl@susans.org
« Reply #581 on: July 02, 2020, 12:11:00 pm »
@Wendi  @CynthiaAnn  @Maddie

Thank you all for your comment replies regarding my recent hike into the hills and into the snow up there.

To answer your question Wendi,  the temperatures at my home were cool from about the low 40's(f) in the morning to the mid 60's(f)in the afternoon....  but up on top around the snow where we hiked it was quite chilly, certainly somewhere in the low 30's(f)or cooler perhaps, we did not have a thermometer handy.   

It felt C-O-L-D for sure, and the good thing about that is that the Mosquitoes and biting&stinging bugs are not around in those cooler temps in higher elevations.

Thank you for checking in on my thread, you are always welcome here to discuss anything that you wish...

HUGS,
Danielle
« Last Edit: July 02, 2020, 02:26:23 pm by Northern Star Girl »
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW
The Ramblings of a Northern*Star Girl
A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles
I am the HUNTED PREY: Danielle’s Chronicles
Things change re: ALASKAN DANIELLE
Positive Mindset... put away negativity

Started HRT:   March 2015
Went Full-Time    December 2016
Quit my male-mode job and relocated to a very small town in Alaska in January 2017
I'm a blonde, blue eyed woman, Age 40

« Reply #582 on: July 02, 2020, 04:20:26 pm »
My Business Update:
Finally my business is picking up now that the Covid19 closures here in my area have mostly come to an end.

For those of you that file USA income taxes to the IRS....  as you should be aware, the normal April 15th tax filing deadline was extended to July 15th.  This has been a good thing for my tax prep business and also with local businesses being open once again my business clients are back in my office with their payroll and business tax work that is a backbone of my business income.

I have my full-time guy working for me again, and I started having my previous part time college gal helping out.

Here are the details, because of the Corvid-19 pandemic there were date extensions announced:

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/payment-deadline-extended-to-july-15-2020
The Treasury Department and the Internal Revenue Service are providing special tax filing and payment relief to individuals and businesses in response to the COVID-19 Outbreak. The annual filing deadline for tax returns has been extended from April 15 to July 15, 2020. The IRS urges taxpayers who are owed a refund to file as quickly as possible. For those who can't file by the July 15, 2020 deadline, the IRS reminds individual taxpayers that everyone is eligible to request an extension to file their return.

https://www.irs.gov/faqs/estimated-tax/individuals/individuals-2
Estimated tax due dates:

Qtr 1: January 1 – March 31     –   normally due on Apr 15, Extended to July 15, 2020
Qtr 2: April 1 – May 31     -   normally June 15 - Extended to July 15, 2020
Qtr 3: June 1 – August 31    -   due September 15, 2020
Qtr 4: September 1 – December 31    -   due January 15, 2021

HUGS and best wishes to all of my readers and followers,
Danielle
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW

Quit my male-mode job and relocated to a very small town in Alaska in January 2017

Offline Wendi

« Reply #583 on: July 03, 2020, 09:36:33 am »
My Business Update:
Finally my business is picking up now that the Covid19 closures here in my area have mostly come to an end.

For those of you that file USA income taxes to the IRS....  as you should be aware, the normal April 15th tax filing deadline was extended to July 15th.  This has been a good thing for my tax prep business and also with local businesses being open once again my business clients are back in my office with their payroll and business tax work that is a backbone of my business income.

I have my full-time guy working for me again, and I started having my previous part time college gal helping out.

Here are the details, because of the Corvid-19 pandemic there were date extensions announced:

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/payment-deadline-extended-to-july-15-2020
The Treasury Department and the Internal Revenue Service are providing special tax filing and payment relief to individuals and businesses in response to the COVID-19 Outbreak. The annual filing deadline for tax returns has been extended from April 15 to July 15, 2020. The IRS urges taxpayers who are owed a refund to file as quickly as possible. For those who can't file by the July 15, 2020 deadline, the IRS reminds individual taxpayers that everyone is eligible to request an extension to file their return.

https://www.irs.gov/faqs/estimated-tax/individuals/individuals-2
Estimated tax due dates:

Qtr 1: January 1 – March 31     –   normally due on Apr 15, Extended to July 15, 2020
Qtr 2: April 1 – May 31     -   normally June 15 - Extended to July 15, 2020
Qtr 3: June 1 – August 31    -   due September 15, 2020
Qtr 4: September 1 – December 31    -   due January 15, 2021

HUGS and best wishes to all of my readers and followers,
Danielle

Great news Danielle. I'm glad to hear you were able to tough it out and are back up to speed. You're staff I'm sure is very grateful to be back working for you again.

I hope you have a great Independence day!!

Hugs

Started HRT 1/3/2019

Offline sarahc

• Sarah
« Reply #584 on: July 03, 2020, 11:56:48 am »
Nice, Danielle. Hope you have a productive tax season.

Also hoping you don’t get a resurgence in the virus like here in the lower 48.

Post more nature pictures when you can. They’re so beautiful!

Sarah

----
47 years young.
Known that I am trans since...forever.
First therapy session / decided to transition / hair removal: October 2018
HRT: January 2019 (journal https://www.susans.org/forums/index.phpVF/topic,244009.0.html)
VFS: September 2019; three-month report here
Full-time: April 2020
FFS: August 2020
SRS: January 2021

« Reply #585 on: July 04, 2020, 09:07:17 am »
To my friends and followers....
HAPPY JULY 4th, Independence Day

Here it is going to be quite cool (low 50 deg(f) temps) and cloudy all day with rain "maybe" later this afternoon.

...I didn't get a lot of sleep last night, fireworks being set off all around....  out here in the middle of nowhere there are few, if any, restrictions regarding fireworks.

Today, I am getting together with some of my best friends, many of the gals and their husbands from my Gym Gals group.... 
I am hosting an early afternoon BBQ/Grilling at my home on the deck if the rain holds off, otherwise we will be inside....  going to have standard July 4th Summer Food.... hot dogs, hamburgers, homemade chili, potato salad, watermelon and fruit, chips and dip, tasty desserts, etc.

QUESTION for my readers:
   What are your plans for this day???  Obviously if you are not living in the USA, it is just another day on the calendar for you....   summertime in the Northern Hemisphere and Wintertime "down under".

Have a great day, stay safe, stay healthy 

HUGS,
Danielle
« Last Edit: July 04, 2020, 06:09:32 pm by Northern Star Girl »
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW

Offline EllenW

« Reply #586 on: July 04, 2020, 10:13:03 am »
Danielle

It is going to be a quite Independnce Day for me and my wife. We are at our mountain cabin to get away from the private fireworks. It scares the dogs to much. And just two days ago the large firework show over Big Bear Lake was cancelled under orders from the governor.  :(

On top of that my wife is having a rough time with her cancer treatment. So we will just enjoy our little slice of wilderness.

Have a wonderful day

Ellen
Known all my life I was different
Started to live part time as my true self in 2010
HRT January 2018
Full time at work Febuary 2018
Legal name and gender change January 2019

Offline MxRileyQuinn

• Androgynous Coffee-Fueled Equestrian
  • HRT Date: 01 July 2019
« Reply #587 on: July 04, 2020, 11:51:12 am »
To my friends and followers....
HAPPY JULY 4th, Independence Day

Here it is going to be quite cool (low 50 deg(f) temps) and cloudy all day with rain "maybe" later this afternoon.

...I didn't get a lot of sleep last night, fireworks being set off all around....  out here in the middle of nowhere there are few, if any, restrictions regarding fireworks.

Today, I am getting together with some of my best friends, many of the gals and their husbands from my Gym Gals group.... 
I am hosting an early afternoon BBQ/Grilling at my home on the deck if the rain holds off, otherwise we will be inside....  going to have standard July 4th Summer Food.... hot dogs, hamburgers, homemade chili, potato salad, watermelon and fruit, chips and dip, tasty desserts, etc.

QUESTION for my readers:
   What are your plans for this day???  Obviously if you are not living in the USA, it is just another day on the calendar for you....   summertime in the Northern Hemisphere and Wintertime "down under".

Have a great day, stay safe, stay healthy 

HUGS,
Danielle

My plans are to make a quick foray out to the grocery store to get a birthday cake for me to share with my partner and the other couple who lives on the ranch with us, and then avoid society like the plague.  Both because of the plague, but also because of the fireworks.  As a combat vet I cannot understand why so many want to celebrate by making their backyard sound like a war zone.  I'll probably spend time with the horses this evening, after it cools off.  It is already 91-degrees F with a predicted 100-degree high.  I'll let my babies enjoy the shade and not ask them to work till it cools off.  Of course, that's assuming I'm not having PTSD issues because the whole city is erupting in the sounds of "jubilant explosions"...
« Last Edit: July 04, 2020, 06:08:53 pm by Northern Star Girl »
"Hail Caffeina, goddess of the morning!"

"Riding a horse is not a gentle hobby, to be picked up and laid down like a game of Solitaire. It is a grand passion." – Ralph Waldo Emerson

Offline sarahc

• Sarah
« Reply #588 on: July 04, 2020, 01:16:59 pm »
Happy 4th, Danielle!

I had a very nice lunch with my mother. We grilled some hamburgers.

Now...Back to work on the business...no rest for a startup founder.

Sarah
----
47 years young.
HRT: January 2019 (journal https://www.susans.org/forums/index.phpVF/topic,244009.0.html)

Offline Jessica_Rose

« Reply #589 on: July 04, 2020, 02:32:28 pm »
Some friends of ours invited us to a cookout this evening. There won't be as many folks as last year due to the current situation, but it will be nice to see them again. I still find it interesting that I have more friends now, many more, than I did before I started this journey. It's amazing how just being yourself opens up a new world of potential friends.

Love always -- Jessica Rose
Journal thread - Jessica's Rose Garden
National Coming Out Day video - Coming Out - Jessica Rose
GCS Thread - GCS and BA with Dr. Ley on 21 Feb 2019 - Jessica_Rose
GCS II and FFS Thread - GCS II and FFS with Dr. Ley on 26 July 2019 - Jessica_Rose
23Mar2017 Started Estradiol / 16Feb2018 Full Time! / 21Feb2019 GCS Dr. Ley / 26July2019 GCS II & FFS Dr. Ley

Don't let others tell you who you are. Be yourself, the world will adjust. -- Jessica Rose

Offline Wendi

« Reply #590 on: July 04, 2020, 05:07:54 pm »
I cooked up some peppers and onions and we went to the lake and had sausage and peppers with my sisters in law and their significant others.

We had a really good time. We just came back home to let the dogs out and feed them. We were going to head up to my brothers to watch people around the harbor shoot off their fireworks around a camp fire. My wife and I are both really tired right now so we'll see if that happens.

Hugs

Started HRT 1/3/2019

Offline RandyL

• Non-binary
« Reply #591 on: July 04, 2020, 06:02:56 pm »
My wife and I rode our tandem road bike down the mountain and back up to home. Got back just in time to beat the rain. Now it's been raining for several hours, but we aren't complaining. Anything to relieve our drought is welcome!

We live on an old railroad grade into the mountains. For years people have driven up into the National Forest to drink, light fires and set off fireworks. About 10 years ago the authorities finally got tired of the emergency responses and fire calls, and listened to our pleas for closures. So now the police set up a roadblock and only allow residents today only. We baked them brownies and will go down there to thank the officers.

There may not be much in the way of big fireworks displays. We shall see how things change over the next 4 hours...

Sent from my dual-floppy Victor 9000 using Tapatalk

Casting about for my best path forward...

Offline Ellie_Arroway

• ellie_arroway@susans.org
« Reply #592 on: July 05, 2020, 05:05:48 am »
I saw Hamilton with some online friends yesterday. Definitely worth seeing!
Started seriously questioning: 24 Aug 2019
Referred to GIC: 23 Sep 2019
Full-time female presentation since: 21 Oct 2019, unbroken since 12 Dec 2019
Official name change by deed poll: 11 Nov 2019
HRT: "kind of" started 15 Jul 2020
Most of my story is in the Just another mtf tale thread!
Twitch streamer MusicEllie

« Reply #593 on: July 06, 2020, 01:35:15 pm »
July 4th Holiday Weedend....

Lots of fun...   BBQ/Grilling on my deck with all the holiday picnic foods...
In addition to the good food, Hot Dogs, Cheeseburgers, Corn on the Cob, and other good things to eat we had a good time in conversation and laughter. 

I also made my "famous" Pasta Salad fort the July 4th potluck at my home.... and of course Watermelon.   Just a side note, Watermelon and other fruits can be quite expensive up North where I live.... average price around +/- $30.00 depending on the weight and availability....  if not priced with a "flat charge" they can be $2.99 a pound.... but it is worth it for our Summer outdoor meals.
          (left click image to enlarge)

HUGS,
Danielle

***SEE MY LINKS BELOW

Offline davina61

• The ramblings of an old dear
« Reply #594 on: July 06, 2020, 02:04:38 pm »
Looks very tasty , you would have to leave out the spring onions for me though .
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever

Offline CynthiaAnn

• like totally dig that pacific pulse....
« Reply #595 on: July 06, 2020, 02:08:49 pm »
yummy Danielle  :) Watermelons are soooo good this time of year, I am glad you get to enjoy some too. Just food for thought  :D Alaskan permanent fund payment might offset the additional costs of getting the melon to your kitchen, you might still be ahead of the game there.

Enjoy

C
kindness is love nurturing your soul....

Offline sarahc

• Sarah
« Reply #596 on: July 06, 2020, 02:42:40 pm »
Danielle,

I have a deal for you: I will send you cheap watermelons from Maryland if you send me some delicious Alaskan smoked salmon.  ;)

Sarah
----
47 years young.

« Reply #597 on: July 15, 2020, 11:45:43 am »
TAX DAY!!!!  July 15, 2020

Today is the day of reckoning for those USA Federal Income Tax payers that have been procrastinators.
The historical April 15th tax filing deadline was extended to July 15th because of the Covid-19 pandemic.

This last few weeks have been very busy with my clients bringing in their tax records for me to handle for them.
I have my full-time guy working hard doing the preliminary tasks and my part time college gal doing the phone work and other office tasks....   
>>>>As I have always stated here on the Forums and in my personal life... "Busy People are Happy People"
We don't have time to be unhappy!!!  ;)

Summer has been quite enjoyable here with the long days and the warm weather... no heatwaves like in many parts of the USA and elsewhere but it has been nice... early this morning it was 47 deg(f) and later today it is forecasted to get into the mid-60's (f)  ... it is partially cloudy today and no rain.

I came in very early to work this morning to get started on what will be a very busy day ....
Here is my "breakfast of champions"   
    *Coffee from the next door coffee shop
    *Watermelon I brought from home (expensive up here @3.00 per pound)
    *Homemade Rice Crispy Squares that my sweetie ToothFairy brought to me this morning.

(Left click image to enlarge)

I trust that all of my readers and followers are having a great day today and for those in the middle of a heat-wave where you live I hope that you can find a cool place to hang around in.
As is always the case here on my Blog Thread, I look forward to seeing your posted comments here... feel free to talk about anything that is on your mind....

HUGS and HUGS,
Danielle
« Last Edit: July 15, 2020, 04:38:01 pm by Northern Star Girl »
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW

Offline CynthiaAnn

• like totally dig that pacific pulse....
« Reply #598 on: July 15, 2020, 12:32:01 pm »
That's right it's tax reckoning day for the procrastinators Danielle  ;D

No real heat wave here, it might get to the low 80's today where I am. I am going to be pitching a tent in our back yard soon to go outside to sleep on those warm clear nights. Have you seen the comet visible where you are ?

The rice crispy squares look yummy for sure. 

Have a lovely day

Cyndi
kindness is love nurturing your soul....

Offline Ellie_Arroway

• ellie_arroway@susans.org
« Reply #599 on: July 15, 2020, 12:37:04 pm »
Here in the UK, tax year is 6th-5th April, and filing your tax return has to be done by 31st January of the next year.

I've always done my own. Quite often it has been within about a week of the last day, though not always; there were times when I was more organised than that.

I wasn't self employed for a while. Now I'm back, I'm using Freeagent; it's really good for keeping accounts in order here in the UK. I am mightily impressed! I wish it was around when I started self employment back in the 90s...
Started seriously questioning: 24 Aug 2019
Referred to GIC: 23 Sep 2019
Full-time female presentation since: 21 Oct 2019, unbroken since 12 Dec 2019
Official name change by deed poll: 11 Nov 2019
HRT: "kind of" started 15 Jul 2020
Most of my story is in the Just another mtf tale thread!
Twitch streamer MusicEllie

Tags: