Author Topic: The Ramblings of a Northern*Star Girl  (Read 37498 times)

Offline Northern Star Girl

• Previously Alaskan Danielle
  • northernstargirl@susans.org
Re: The Ramblings of a Northern*Star Girl
« Reply #940 on: January 05, 2021, 12:36:54 pm »
So, is it the cold weather that burns a lot of energy?  Or, are you doing tremendous amounts of portion control.  I ask because if I baked and ate desert as often as you bake, I’d be 600 lbs..  :)
@Rachel Montgomery
Dear Rachel:
While it is true that our bodies burn more calories when we are cold,
you are correct about exercising portion control.

I do a tremendous amount of baking and cooking... I enjoy that a lot, but I give away much of what I make.  I find that not only does the friendly gesture of sharing my creations with friends and acquaintances help to cement my acceptance and friendships, but also it helps me with keeping my weight to an acceptable level.  I have always had a fairly fast metabolism so it is fairly easy for me to maintain a healthy weight.... plus I don't want to have to buy new bigger size clothes!!!!

Thank you for reading and then posting and sharing your thoughts...  I am always happy to see your postings here on my thread and elsewhere on the Forums.

HUGS,
Danielle

***SEE MY LINKS BELOW
The Ramblings of a Northern*Star Girl
A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles
I am the HUNTED PREY: Danielle’s Chronicles
Things change re: ALASKAN DANIELLE
Positive Mindset... put away negativity

Started HRT:   March 2015
Went Full-Time    December 2016
Quit my male-mode job and relocated to a very small town in Alaska in January 2017
I'm a blonde, blue eyed woman, Age 41

Offline JudiBlueEyes

• Family
« Reply #941 on: January 06, 2021, 12:15:38 am »
Danielle thank you for sharing your photos and adventures over the holidays.  New Years was quite for us.  Our anniversary was a few days prior and despite being a big number it was a quite day as well. 

Here's to a better 2021! 

Cheers, Judi
Wind blew in, cloud was dispersed
Rainbows appearing, the pressures were burst
Breezes a-singing, now feeling good
The moment had passed like I knew that it should

Offline SoCal_Holly

• Multi-Pass
« Reply #942 on: January 06, 2021, 12:23:09 am »
Portion control?! What’s that, lol

Nice pix, looks very peaceful !

I get frostbite just looking at them 😎

« Reply #943 on: January 08, 2021, 04:49:31 pm »
As an owner of a small business working with other small businesses in my town....
   ....  I really don't need to add further comments...
This picture is worth a thousand words...

***SEE MY LINKS BELOW

Quit my male-mode job and relocated to a very small town in Alaska in January 2017

Offline Megan.

• Homepage & Blog
« Reply #944 on: January 08, 2021, 05:00:40 pm »
As an owner of a small business working with other small businesses in my town....

Amen . X

Sent from my MI 9 using Tapatalk

"Life is a travelling to the edge of knowledge, then a leap taken." - D. H. Lawrence

Offline Rachel Montgomery

• Friend
« Reply #945 on: January 08, 2021, 11:47:45 pm »
So true.  A lot of people are in a bad way, business owners, restaurant workers, factory workers, all put on limited hours or laid off.  People are going to lose their life savings, their homes, and be financially ruined by the government response to the virus.

The virus is real, and it can kill, but so can depression.  Separation from friends and family, from church fellowship, from everything that made their lives meaningful is depressing.  Musicians I know are out of work, completely. 

Making people wear masks is one thing.  Destroying their lives of a large percentage to save a small number will probably lead to a worse Depression than the one 100 years ago.

Offline CaelaNotKayla

• Everyone needs a little glam sometime!
« Reply #946 on: January 09, 2021, 10:22:53 am »

Yes... be safe, but be open!

Hugs!!

Caela.
My Blog Thread - The Chronicles of Caela

Who knew it'd be so bright without the blindfold - Demi Lovato

Offline Katie Jade

« Reply #947 on: January 09, 2021, 07:31:14 pm »
Its a difficult time for everybody wherever they are in the world - we need to all hang on in there, Wishing you all, a safe and happy now and future xx

Loads of luv n Hugz xx

Katie

:-*  ;D ;D ;D >:-) :-* :angel: :angel:

Offline CynthiaAnn

• like totally dig that pacific pulse....
« Reply #948 on: January 16, 2021, 07:29:30 am »
Good Morning Danielle, catching up with your thread  :) Hope you are doing well to our north.

Cyndi
kindness is love nurturing your soul....

Offline ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
  • No act of kindness, however small, is wasted.
« Reply #949 on: January 16, 2021, 07:34:54 am »
Have a nice weekend Danielle!

Take care... 

Chrissy
Be a good example of good behavior.  Always be kinder than needed.  Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that you speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.  Serve others.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

Offline Rachel

• Family
« Reply #950 on: January 16, 2021, 03:27:49 pm »
I agree that businesses should be allowed to be open. With one exception if hospitals are on divert in the area then high probability spreading activities in that area need to be stopped.

Also, high probability people to get covid and have bad outcomes need to sequester themselves.
MTF in need of help link https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,133631.1980.html
MTF in need of help 2 link https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,251825.0.html
HRT  5-28-2013
FT   11-13-2015
FFS   9-16-2016 -Spiegel
GCS 11-15-2016 - McGinn
Hair Grafts 3-20-2017 - Cooley
Voice therapy start 3-2017 - Reene Blaker
Labiaplasty 5-15-2017 - McGinn
BA 7-12-2017 - McGinn
Hair grafts 9-25-2017 Dr.Cooley
Sataloff Cricothyroid subluxation and trachea shave12-11-2017
Dr. McGinn labiaplasty, hood repair, scar removal, graph repair and bottom of  vagina finished. urethra repositioned. 4-4-2018
Dr. Sataloff Glottoplasty 5-14-2018
Dr. McGinn vaginal in office procedure 10-22-2018
Dr. McGinn vaginal revision 2 4-3-2019 Bottom of vagina closed off, fat injected into the labia and urethra repositioned.
Dr. Thomas FemLar 10/13/2020
Dr. Thomas laser vocal procedure 2/17/2021

• Friend
« Reply #951 on: January 16, 2021, 05:09:40 pm »
I agree that people at particular risk need to take particular precautions.  The higher the risk, the higher the extent of precautionary steps.  My dad is a cancer survivor who is still on preventative chemo and anti-rejection drugs due to a transplant.  He probably shouldn’t leave the house, and meet with visitors. 

I am obese and have both obstructive sleep apnea and diabetes.  These are some of the co-morbidities that tend to cause hospitalization.  I should be careful, social distance and wear a mask.  But, I go to the gym and don’t wear a mask there.  Perhaps unadvisable, but I think the odds of my health seriously declining if I don’t go to the gym are higher than if I do.  And, I can’t get enough air when wearing a mask.  So, it is a risk I take. 

My kids are in college, and are relatively unlikely to need hospitalization.  Each of them has already had COVID-19, and other than my daughter losing her sense of smell, they are both fine (as are all of my nieces, all of them having had the virus already).  My nephew is the only college aged student in the family that hasn’t had Covid. 

My point is, different people have different risk profiles.  Young healthy people COULD die if they get it, but it is no more likely to kill them than the flu is (maybe less likely).  And, we don’t shut down the world for the flu.

Meanwhile, my wife needs surgery to remove tumors that her doctor thinks are probably cancer.  But, she may not be allowed to have the surgery because the hospital is full (and it isn’t full of college students).  “Elective surgeries” are cancelled.  But, she has not been personally told that he operation is cancelled, though she has been told that it may be a last minute decision to cancel anyway.   So, Covid can kill people that didn’t ever get Covid.

And, people have businesses that they have invested all fo their wealth in, but they need cash flow to stay in business, which doesn’t occur during a lockdown.  People can loose their business, their home and then their will to live.  No matter how many people the virus may kill, locking down will kill more people than locking down will save. 

« Reply #952 on: January 16, 2021, 10:11:21 pm »
@Rachel Montgomery    @Rachel    @ChrissyRyan 
@CynthiaAnn  @Katie Jade  @CaelaNotKayla  @Megan.
@Alice   @Megan.  @davina61  @Myranda

Thank you for your recent comments and sharing your thoughts.
.... also thank you for letting me vent regarding the business shut-downs
that are destroying many small mom and pop businesses.

During these difficult times for all of us... it just seems that some of
the decisions by the governors and lawmakers sometimes have the
appearance of being arbitrary and don't seem to make sense about
who can be open and who has to be closed.... and worse yet, some of
them don't practice what they preach....   "do as I say, not as I do" 

It is a cold night here...  minus -13 degrees (f) ... after a hardy hot
meal for dinner I will be sitting in front of my fireplace in my comfy
chair and finish reading a good book that I have ben working on.

Again, thank you to my good friends and followers here for taking the
to follow my thread and reply with your thoughts and comments.

Stay Safe, stay healthy.

HUGS and best wishes to you.
Danielle
« Last Edit: January 17, 2021, 06:46:26 pm by Northern Star Girl »
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW

Online davina61

• The ramblings of an old dear
« Reply #953 on: January 17, 2021, 03:29:00 am »
Cold enough to freeze the wotsits of a polar bear, clear skies and a frost this morning . Snuggle up and stay warm XXXX
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever.
I get pushed out of shape and its hard to steer when I get rubber in all 4 gears (Beach Boys ,little deuce coupe)

Offline Rachel

• Family
« Reply #954 on: January 17, 2021, 06:22:59 pm »
Waite a minute, wotsits (UK) are Cheetos (USA). I never knew they Polar Bears liked Cheetos. By the way, Belize has Belizian Cheetos. Awesome and hot tasting. Maybe the hot Cheetos would be best for the bears.

This is something interesting. I have A positive blood. The other co-worker that was infected by co-worker zero has A positive blood. There are 2 o positive blood type people and a B negative blood type all equidistant. Only the A positive blood type people were infected. 

Interesting #2. I had Covid. I had vaccine shot #1 Thursday afternoon. I was very sick Friday, somewhat sick Saturday and well today.

Rachel, I hope you remain healthy. I will return to the state park next Sunday and I will start the exercise bike tomorrow. I really miss the gym and will return next month.
MTF in need of help link https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,133631.1980.html
MTF in need of help 2 link https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,251825.0.html
HRT  5-28-2013
FT   11-13-2015
FFS   9-16-2016 -Spiegel
GCS 11-15-2016 - McGinn
Hair Grafts 3-20-2017 - Cooley
Voice therapy start 3-2017 - Reene Blaker
Labiaplasty 5-15-2017 - McGinn
BA 7-12-2017 - McGinn
Hair grafts 9-25-2017 Dr.Cooley
Sataloff Cricothyroid subluxation and trachea shave12-11-2017
Dr. McGinn labiaplasty, hood repair, scar removal, graph repair and bottom of  vagina finished. urethra repositioned. 4-4-2018
Dr. Sataloff Glottoplasty 5-14-2018
Dr. McGinn vaginal in office procedure 10-22-2018
Dr. McGinn vaginal revision 2 4-3-2019 Bottom of vagina closed off, fat injected into the labia and urethra repositioned.
Dr. Thomas FemLar 10/13/2020
Dr. Thomas laser vocal procedure 2/17/2021

« Reply #955 on: January 17, 2021, 07:00:55 pm »
@Rachel
Dear Rachel:
Very interesting regarding how one's bloodtype may affect how easily one can get Covid....

If you find any more information about that please reply comment your findings.

Hmmm,  I have AB Positive blood.....   Hmmm   ??? ::) :o
HUGS,
Danielle

Waite a minute, wotsits (UK) are Cheetos (USA). I never knew they Polar Bears liked Cheetos. By the way, Belize has Belizian Cheetos. Awesome and hot tasting. Maybe the hot Cheetos would be best for the bears.

This is something interesting. I have A positive blood. The other co-worker that was infected by co-worker zero has A positive blood. There are 2 o positive blood type people and a B negative blood type all equidistant. Only the A positive blood type people were infected. 

Interesting #2. I had Covid. I had vaccine shot #1 Thursday afternoon. I was very sick Friday, somewhat sick Saturday and well today.

Rachel, I hope you remain healthy. I will return to the state park next Sunday and I will start the exercise bike tomorrow. I really miss the gym and will return next month.
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW

• Friend
« Reply #956 on: January 17, 2021, 07:49:13 pm »
My wife is a nurse.  She told me about the blood type thing back in March.  She is lucky to have O neg..  I have A pos..

Offline KateR

• Kate
« Reply #957 on: January 18, 2021, 06:47:51 pm »

Getting caught up.

Shut downs are NOT the way to go.  The problem, especially in my neck of the woods are the number of people that don’t see that a very minor inconvenience, such as a mask, is what we need to do to care for each other.

Our little town finally passed a municipal mask mandate punishable by a fine, after two rounds of us having the highest number of Covid cases, per capita, in the state. 

People still won’t wear a mask.

So what do you do?

Many of the people helping me with my transition; hair stylist, electrologist, make up consultant, wardrobe consultant have really struggled.  The shut downs have delayed and made my transition more difficult.

I feel very badly for them.  I’ve done what I can to help make up the loss be giving abundant tips.  But I understand it won’t make up all the losses.

Shut Downs are not the answer.  However, if we don’t start working together FOR EACH OTHER, what are the other options.

(Danielle feel free to delete this if I went too far.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kate

Offline Faith

« Reply #958 on: January 19, 2021, 08:17:02 am »
Popping in to say Hi, so, "Hi Danielle" from a random visitor of whom occasionally skims the forum with no comments to make but tries to keep up.

Offline ramilove

« Reply #959 on: January 19, 2021, 12:49:50 pm »
Bars and restaurants are community.  I support my community by ordering take out food. I love cooking so I am not much for dining out but in these times I am making an exception. I shop locally to support local business. When out in public I wear a mask. It kills me to see others not wearing a mask or wearing a mask incorrectly, literally.
Electrolysis 3/4/2020
Estradiol 3/10/2020

Tags: