Author Topic: White Rabbit's ramblings  (Read 7318 times)

Offline Julie H

• Family
  • Formerly known as White Rabbit
Re: White Rabbit's ramblings
« Reply #260 on: November 03, 2020, 04:15:43 pm »
Oh just great I just found out that there is a slight chance I was exposed to corona virus. Just as I am to start taking another medication that may very well make my cough worse. Looks like I am going to have to refrain from taking any more of the medication until monday, that will be 2 weeks since possible contact. The contact is very unlikely but it still looks like I'll have to quarantine until monday to be safe.
Julie

Offline Northern Star Girl

• Previously Alaskan Danielle
  • northernstargirl@susans.org
« Reply #261 on: November 03, 2020, 04:23:49 pm »
@Julie H
Dear Julie:
Please stay safe, stay healthy.   
Keep in touch with your doctor is there are any difficulties.....
HUGS and HUGS,
Danielle

***SEE MY LINKS BELOW
The Ramblings of a Northern*Star Girl
A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles
I am the HUNTED PREY: Danielle’s Chronicles
Things change re: ALASKAN DANIELLE
Positive Mindset... put away negativity

Started HRT:   March 2015
Went Full-Time    December 2016
Quit my male-mode job and relocated to a very small town in Alaska in January 2017
I'm a blonde, blue eyed woman, Age 40

Offline Julie H

• Family
« Reply #262 on: November 03, 2020, 04:43:58 pm »
No difficulties so far, the only thing is I have to wait now to start the antidepressants. I really hate not knowing why things are happening, the only drawback to starting hrt is not knowing if things are happening because of hrt or other reasons.
Julie

Offline Julie H

• Family
« Reply #263 on: November 04, 2020, 09:27:48 am »
I found out last night that the guy who possibly exposed my friend only might have caught it and in fact is looking like he is in the clear. I'll have to keep an eye out for Algoma health updates. My friend that was possibly exposed is just under a self observation order and not under a quarantine order.
Julie

Offline Julie H

• Family
« Reply #264 on: November 08, 2020, 09:10:43 pm »
Well the new antidepressant that I am on hasn't had any bad side effects so far.
Julie

« Reply #265 on: November 08, 2020, 09:40:16 pm »
Well the new antidepressant that I am on hasn't had any bad side effects so far.

@Julie H
Dear Julie:
.... that's great, no bad side effects so far.   I hope and trust that you get the relief and the results that you and your doctor are hoping for.
HUGS,
Danielle
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW

Quit my male-mode job and relocated to a very small town in Alaska in January 2017

Offline Julie H

• Family
« Reply #266 on: November 09, 2020, 10:20:27 pm »
Sadly so far I haven't had the positive effects that I had hoped for. Though my appetite has decreased which is nice.
Julie

« Reply #267 on: November 09, 2020, 10:25:51 pm »
@Julie H
Dear Julie:
As I am sure that you are aware, sometimes it can take some time... days? weeks? to feel the full effects of medications....   "patience!!!!"

The good news is that you may be eating less which might help you on any of your weight loss goals that you might have been working on.

HUGS,
Danielle

Sadly so far I haven't had the positive effects that I had hoped for. Though my appetite has decreased which is nice.
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW

Offline JanePlain

• This road has a few bumps I wasn't expecting.
  • Janes not here!
« Reply #268 on: November 27, 2020, 04:47:27 pm »

*note: this is just my 2 cents worth. I'm not an expert.
I had lots of fears about going on antidepressants which I'm happy to say we unfounded. I had some pretty silly ideas that I would be "vegged out" or I would start acting like a different person. Nope. The point about taking them for a good long period before deciding if they do anything is sound advice. I would give them at least a month (better yet 2) then look for subtle changes. Its really easy to conclude they do nothing because you "feel fine"... Which is of course the whole point in taking them. In my limited experience the effects were subtle and slow no ZAMO euphoria. Do report weird side effects. The first one I was on made it imposslible TMI warning to climax (anorgasmia) This was better then depression but the drug my GP switched me to worked for depresson and didn't have side effects. Anyway I hope they help you.

Oh! Two other things to consider. Talk therapy and excersize. Nothing radical but if your not doing some kind of excersize (Even walking around the park once or?) you might be surprised how much that helps. Oh! one other thing I think is helpful is a SAD Light. This is a lamp that has full specturm light (Like artificial Sunlight) they show how winter months (shorter days) and low Vit D increase the numbers of people reporting depression. Do talk to your doctor as this is all amateur 2 cents worth.  Good luck and good on you for doing something about depression. I can't tell you how many people refuse to do anything and are miserable.
"This world is but canvas to our imaginations.
Henry David Thoreau - (1817-1862)

Offline Julie H

• Family
« Reply #269 on: November 29, 2020, 08:27:04 pm »
My fears of anti depressants are based on history, many times when I was first on them I had to struggle to find a reason not to kill myself and I even wound up in the hospital because of them. I wasn't suicidal before taking antidepressants and I have been on and off suicidal for 25 years or more since.

I am not having those effects so I am willing to keep going with them and maybe a week from monday increasing the dose. The real test happens over the next 2-3 months as that is when I usually get suicidal, it usually happens for about 3 months but last year was different it lasted about 5. One problem though is that last year being on estrogen helped me through the dark times and since then I have had my dosage increased so even if I don't get suicidal I don't know it it actually is the antidepressants or not.

Unfortunately I have been getting anxious every time I leave my apartment, even if it is going out to dinner (following guidelines) with a couple of friends. Sometimes I nearly break down into tears.

At this point I no longer fear the antidepressants I am on though I am in no hurry to go back on prozac anytime soon.
Julie

Offline Julie H

• Family
« Reply #270 on: December 15, 2020, 04:01:52 pm »
So I talked to my doctor last monday and my endo on friday. Estrodiol 759 pmol/L Testosterone 0.4 nmol/L and Estrone 3933 pmol/L.

There are to be no changes in my hrt but I am increasing my anti depressant so we'll have to see how that goes.

This is the time that I normally get suicidal and nothing is happening yet so I don't know if it is the increased estrogen or the antidepressant that is helping or if it is just a bit slow in happening this year.
Julie

« Reply #271 on: December 15, 2020, 04:47:53 pm »
So I talked to my doctor last monday and my endo on friday. Estrodiol 759 pmol/L Testosterone 0.4 nmol/L and Estrone 3933 pmol/L.

There are to be no changes in my hrt but I am increasing my anti depressant so we'll have to see how that goes.

This is the time that I normally get suicidal and nothing is happening yet so I don't know if it is the increased estrogen or the antidepressant that is helping or if it is just a bit slow in happening this year.
@Julie H
Dear Julie:
I think you should take what you reported as good news.
I am glad that things are seemingly going better for you now.

Be certain to keep your doctor in the loop regarding any changes or questions..
Stay healthy, stay safe... and I am wishing you well and wishing you happiness.

HUGS,
Danielle
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW

Offline Julie H

• Family
« Reply #272 on: December 15, 2020, 06:31:48 pm »
TY :)
Julie

Offline Julie H

• Family
« Reply #273 on: December 24, 2020, 11:47:36 am »
I had to do a breath test today and I passed out, thankfully I was in a chair and recovered before I went too far down.
Julie

Offline RandyL

• On the way
« Reply #274 on: December 24, 2020, 12:08:11 pm »
I had to do a breath test today and I passed out, thankfully I was in a chair and recovered before I went too far down.
Hi Julie, I'm glad you didn't fall when you passed out. Did the passing out provide an useful (if unexpected) result from the test?

My blood pressure is low to moderate. Sometimes when I sit and get relaxed (usually on the ground) for a long time, then stand, I black out. I haven't passed out yet, but my vision goes completely black and my ears roar. I have to freeze and wait for it to clear, which it always does within 5-10 seconds. I regard it as cheap thrills, albeit with awareness of the risk should I fall.
Casting about for my best path forward...

My personal blog thread: Randy the lost traveler, finding the right road at last

My HRT thread: Randy's HRT Journal

Offline Julie H

• Family
« Reply #275 on: December 24, 2020, 06:48:34 pm »
Not much was resolved with passing out, apparently it isn't unknown for it to happen when people start coughing after the major exhale. Perhaps my blood pressure was a bit low, with all the blood pressure meds plus spiro keeps my BP in the low end of normal.
Julie

« Reply #276 on: January 06, 2021, 03:20:01 pm »
@Julie H
Dear Julie:
I have been thinking about you and your health issues that you have reported.... 
you have not updated me and the rest of you followers for almost 2 weeks.  :( ???   
HOW are you doing.  Are you getting your meds versus side effects under control???

Please only share as you feel comfortable doing.... 
...just let me know that you are doing OK? ???

HUGS and best wishes as always,   :icon_flower: :icon_flower: :icon_flower:
Danielle

Not much was resolved with passing out, apparently it isn't unknown for it to happen when people start coughing after the major exhale. Perhaps my blood pressure was a bit low, with all the blood pressure meds plus spiro keeps my BP in the low end of normal.
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW

Offline Julie H

• Family
« Reply #277 on: January 07, 2021, 12:47:29 pm »
Hey Danielle. So far this year I haven't gotten into a suicidal slump so that is nice. I've had thoughts from time to time but it isn't every day like it normally is. The real problem is I don't know what is stopping it (so far at least) is it the anti depressants or is it the increased estrogen dosage. I tend to think the estrogen because playing with my dosage noticeably affects me.

The antidepressant besides maybe making me more sleepy which is fine really doesn't seem to have many side effects so I have no issues with continuing on with them even if it is the estrogen that improved my mood.

On Christmas eve I had a breath test and for the first time in my life I fainted which was kind of neat. There are no real results yet I talk to my doctor in a couple weeks but I wasn't place on a puffer which is a good sign.
Julie

« Reply #278 on: January 11, 2021, 05:08:31 pm »
@Julie H
Dear Julie:
How are you doing the last couple days and today? 
Hopefully you are not experiencing any more serious side effects from your meds.

Please give me an update... but only if you feel comfortable doing so.

I am a worry-wart when I read posts by our members that indicate any kind of a health issue.

Thinking of you...

HUGS, and best wishes for your success and happiness.
Danielle
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW

Offline Julie H

• Family
« Reply #279 on: January 13, 2021, 11:00:00 am »
I am doing ok, I am still having the occasional bad period but not nearly as often as it usually happens. I will be talking to my doctor on monday so will have to see how that goes.
Julie

Tags: