Author Topic: White Rabbit's ramblings  (Read 15149 times)

Online Julie H

• Formerly known as White Rabbit
Re: White Rabbit's ramblings
« Reply #440 on: July 31, 2021, 03:42:16 pm »
So my kitten figured out how to get on the counter today
Julie

Online Northern Star Girl

• Previously Alaskan Danielle
  • northernstargirl@susans.org
« Reply #441 on: July 31, 2021, 03:47:26 pm »
So my kitten figured out how to get on the counter today

Julie:
That will be fun for your kitten, especially of you left food on your counter top.
Danielle
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW
The Ramblings of a Northern*Star Girl
A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles
I am the HUNTED PREY: Danielle’s Chronicles
Things change re: ALASKAN DANIELLE
Positive Mindset... put away negativity

Started HRT:   March 2015
Went Full-Time    December 2016
Quit my male-mode job and relocated to a very small town in Alaska in January 2017
I'm a blonde, blue eyed woman, Age 41

Online Julie H

« Reply #442 on: July 31, 2021, 04:31:24 pm »
I thought I'd at least have another month or more.
Julie

Offline RandiL

• Formerly RandyL
  • On the way
« Reply #443 on: July 31, 2021, 05:41:41 pm »
My cat never gets up on most of the counters when I'm there, except the one by the sink (he is obsessed with running water). But when I return after an absence there are sometimes suspicious black hairs on all the counters

My smartphone thinks it's smarter than me. It's probably right.

Forging my new, best life as Randi

My personal blog thread: Randi the lost traveler, finding the right road at last

My HRT thread: Randi's HRT Journal

Online Julie H

« Reply #444 on: August 10, 2021, 05:58:11 pm »
Maybe I should start going to youtube and start trying to learn how to modify my voice. Once again I was seen as a woman but my voice gave it away.
Julie

« Reply #445 on: August 10, 2021, 06:06:07 pm »
Maybe I should start going to youtube and start trying to learn how to modify my voice. Once again I was seen as a woman but my voice gave it away.

@Julie H
Dear Julie:

Achieving a good gender related voice can be one of the very difficult things for any transgender individual.

Wishing well with youtube ... it works well for a lot of transgender people... it takes lots of practice.
...but if you can afford it, several sessions with a voice coach could be helpful.

HUGS,
Danielle
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW

Quit my male-mode job and relocated to a very small town in Alaska in January 2017

Online Julie H

« Reply #446 on: September 13, 2021, 07:04:40 pm »
So I got my results from a sleep study I had to do and it turns out that I need a Cpap machine.

As for my kitten he tries to climb the walls literally.
Julie

Offline Rachel Montgomery

• Family
« Reply #447 on: September 13, 2021, 08:47:38 pm »
So I got my results from a sleep study I had to do and it turns out that I need a Cpap machine.

As for my kitten he tries to climb the walls literally.

Some people hate them (CPAP), but if you approach it was an open mind, it isn’t necessarily bad.  In fact, I would fight anyone who tried to take mine away now.  It made that much difference in the way I felt in the morning.  It was incredible. 

Beat wishes.  I hope you come to appreciate yours as much as I appreciate mine. 

Online Julie H

« Reply #448 on: September 13, 2021, 09:16:12 pm »
At the moment I am more concerned about going on the 12 week optifast diet. I am not looking forward to that.
Julie

« Reply #449 on: September 13, 2021, 09:29:36 pm »
@Julie H
Dear Julie:
I am wishing for your success and health with both your Cpap machine helping you improve your sleep, and also your soon 12 week Optifast diet.
Both are necessary for your own health and well-being but obviously important as you continue in your transition journey.

As for your new kitten, just make sure that your Cpap cords and hoses don't get chewed up.

Thank you for keeping me and the rest of your avid followers updated. 
I am always rooting for you and wanting you to be healthy and successful.

HUGS and HUGS and more HUGS,   
Danielle
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW

Online Julie H

« Reply #450 on: September 14, 2021, 03:09:23 pm »
I finally am able to talk to my doctor about getting denied for gastric bypass. I am hoping that she will have some other method for loosing weight as I don't think I am in the right head space for the optifast diet. If I decide to wait then I have to wait a year and if I fail in the diet that is it.
Julie

• Family
« Reply #451 on: September 14, 2021, 06:21:19 pm »
I finally am able to talk to my doctor about getting denied for gastric bypass. I am hoping that she will have some other method for loosing weight as I don't think I am in the right head space for the optifast diet. If I decide to wait then I have to wait a year and if I fail in the diet that is it.
As someone who has done the Opti-fast diet, it isn't anything you CAN'T do, but you do have to want it more than you want to eat.  You will be hungry at times in the first week.  You will have carbohydrate cravings.  Drink water, and if it is time for a snack go for one like the herb biscuit or the oatmeal. 

Honestly, after the first week it wasn't THAT bad.  I can send you some recipes that I would eat even if I wasn't on the diet.  I took the summer off and gained back 15lbs, but I am back on it and hoping to lose another 40lbs before spring.  I am in my first week again, and the carb cravings are making me really push the limits of my discipline. 

BTW, if you don't mind, how is your A1C?  Trulicity has helped me beyond belief.  My A1C was never "bad", but was borderline.  Now, it is perfect.  And, more importantly, it curbs hunger more than anything I have tried.

Online Julie H

« Reply #452 on: September 14, 2021, 07:55:49 pm »
I range into the prediabetes range.

Also I have no self discipline.
Julie

• Family
« Reply #453 on: September 14, 2021, 09:24:45 pm »
I range into the prediabetes range.

Also I have no self discipline.

LOL, I feel that way too at times.  I have found, though, that if something is extremely important to me, I can suffer anything for it.  Last fall and now, it is extremely important to me.  People I knew my age with my health conditions (weight, blood sugar) died of Covid.  I knew that I was trying to take reasonable steps to avoid getting Covid, but I knew I was delaying the inevitable (hopefully until I could get vaccinated.  I did get vaccinated, but I still later got it).  I had hoped for immunity, but the vaccine may very well have saved me, so...no regrets on getting that.  But, maybe my weight loss made an important difference too.  And, maybe that combined with my vaccination saved my life.  Regardless, it is a lot easier for me to get around and do things I forgot I liked to do.  And, certainly no regrets on slogging through the diet for months.  Looking back, it was worth it.

When I started the diet I was a size 30-32.  Now, 22's are a little big on me.  I can wear a 20 in a lot of things.  And, if I get to my goal weight, I think I will be about a 14-16.  There is a LOT of cute stuff in that size. 

You have to REALLY want it, but if you resolve to do it and know in your heart it is more important that eating, you can do it too.  You can look at it as a shame that you only get one shot at the diet, and if you fall off they won't let you back on; but with the right desire and attitude, that makes it unthinkable to fail.  Failure will almost certainly shorten your life, and it will also make what you experience of the rest of your life less enjoyable. 

I honestly wasn't aware (a year ago) how much I would enjoy the things I can do now that I couldn't then.  I couldn't ride a roller coaster, or go out into the ocean on a small boat (weight makes momentum, and rolling waves through you around to the point it isn't fun), I couldn't walk 2 miles without stopping to rest.  Now, I don't know how far I can walk without needing rest.  I just go and go.  6 miles isn't near the limit of my ability, but I really don't care to walk further.  My back used to hurt ALL THE TIME.  I didn't even realize what I wouldn't do because I was in pain and tired.

If you aren't ready, maybe next year.  But, if you are I will cheer you on.  And, my dinner tonight was awesome.  If you like Mexican food (most do), you will need me to get you this "Lean and Green" recipe.  I could eat this every week for months and be happy, and there are several other dishes that I find equally appealing. 

A week of hard going, and then over the next few days, it gets a lot easier.  I hope you are ready, but if you want to go at it next year I hope that works out well for you. 

Online Julie H

« Reply #454 on: September 15, 2021, 08:51:28 am »
Thank you :)
Julie

Offline RandiL

• Formerly RandyL
  • On the way
« Reply #455 on: September 15, 2021, 09:27:42 am »
Julie, you can do this for yourself! Nobody else matters. Like Rachel says, you will feel better and it will open doors that you didn't even realize were closed.

I don't know why, and I don't know if this is helpful, but I have a self denial streak in myself. It helped me survive putting off transition while I was still married, and sometimes it helps me when I'm hungry. It also helps if I'm sitting down and it's an inconvenent distance to the food source

My smartphone thinks it's smarter than me. It's probably right.

Forging my new, best life as Randi

My personal blog thread: Randi the lost traveler, finding the right road at last

My HRT thread: Randi's HRT Journal

Online Julie H

« Reply #456 on: September 15, 2021, 02:19:42 pm »
Bleh I might get turned down for the optifast diet as well as the bariatric program. So it looks like I will have to jump through hoops before I find out. Thankfully I got put on ozempic today to help with weight loss.
Julie

• Family
« Reply #457 on: September 15, 2021, 11:01:12 pm »
Bleh I might get turned down for the optifast diet as well as the bariatric program. So it looks like I will have to jump through hoops before I find out. Thankfully I got put on ozempic today to help with weight loss.

that is pretty much the same thing as Trulicity.  I think it will help.  It won't do for you everything you need (I lost about 7 pounds over 3 months without trying thanks to Trulicity, when I had been gaining weight without it), but it may help a lot.  You might want to take a fiber laxative. 

Tags: