Community Conversation > Voice Therapy and Surgery

Just had VFS minimally Invasive by Dr. Haben - No coughing and my anxiety :'(

(1/2) > >>

FluffLife:
Hey all!

Just had Minimally invasive voice feminization surgery by Dr. Haben 6 days ago and am in the "no coughing + no talking" phase.

I have been diligent about not the rules of not talking, whispering, or making any noises whatsoever.

Side note,
I have drank 2 boxes of tea bags and half a container of honey to try to keep from coughing yet, I am averaging 5-7 single coughs a day to evacuate mucus. Which this has been no small feat to accomplish

I notice after meals I am super flemy (which is nuts because I have been only eating chicken quesadillas, chicken noodle soup and rice) and most at risk for a single cough.

I have been reading a few older posts where others have had the surgery, coughed a lot and turned out alright but, I am drowning in anxiety over having ruined my chances of success. :'( serious losing sleep and unable to concentrate at work

I have had a 2 deep coughs (sounded deep to me in my head like deep male voice) that I seriously had no control over and now I am worried something happened?

Would any kind soul out there share a bit of their experience during this time to let me know I am probably just freaking out?

I didn't hack a lung hard but I would rate it a 5 on my scale below

Scale of 1 -10 in my mind:
1 impatient noise cough
3 ahem a bit louder
5 clearing your throat to make sure your falsetto voice doesn't start out off pitched
8 something went down the wrong pipe cough
10 hacking a lung from a cold

delani25:
I honestly didn’t cough a lot but I did cough here and there. I would suggest throat coat tea it’s good for coughing. I’m sure you’ll be fine Dr.Haben knows what he’s doing and knows that there will be slip-ups, Happy Healing 😘

Northern Star Girl:

--- Quote from: FluffLife on December 17, 2019, 10:59:14 pm ---Hey all!

Just had Minimally invasive voice feminization surgery by Dr. Haben 6 days ago and am in the "no coughing + no talking" phase.

I have been diligent about not the rules of not talking, whispering, or making any noises whatsoever.

Side note,
I have drank 2 boxes of tea bags and half a container of honey to try to keep from coughing yet, I am averaging 5-7 single coughs a day to evacuate mucus. Which this has been no small feat to accomplish

I notice after meals I am super flemy (which is nuts because I have been only eating chicken quesadillas, chicken noodle soup and rice) and most at risk for a single cough.

I have been reading a few older posts where others have had the surgery, coughed a lot and turned out alright but, I am drowning in anxiety over having ruined my chances of success. :'( serious losing sleep and unable to concentrate at work

I have had a 2 deep coughs (sounded deep to me in my head like deep male voice) that I seriously had no control over and now I am worried something happened?

Would any kind soul out there share a bit of their experience during this time to let me know I am probably just freaking out?

I didn't hack a lung hard but I would rate it a 5 on my scale below

Scale of 1 -10 in my mind:
1 impatient noise cough
3 ahem a bit louder
5 clearing your throat to make sure your falsetto voice doesn't start out off pitched
8 something went down the wrong pipe cough
10 hacking a lung from a cold

--- End quote ---

@FluffLife 
Dear FluffLIfe:
    No doubt that you have seen other brand new members here get Official Welcome messages when they make their first posting.... now it is your turn!!!

FIRST THINGS FIRST, you need to be Officially Welcomed and given important rules and information about the Susan's Place Forums.
    I am happy to see that you have signed up as a member of Susan's Place and have submitted your first posting. 

As you post here on the forums you will be able to exchange thoughts and comments with others that are experiencing many of the same things that you wrote about.

This is the right place for you to be to find out what others may have to say that may have been in your circumstances and with your questions and concerns.
    There are a lot of members here that will be able to identify with your situation as you continue to feel free to share it.

I also want to warmly WELCOME you to Susan's Place. 
You will find this a safe and friendly place to share with others and to read about others similar trials, tribulations, and successes.

As you are certainly aware you can share with others and involve yourself with some give and take with other like-minded members.  When frustrated or if you have successes you can share it here if you wish and receive support from others and offer support to others. ....
     ***There is a very good chance that you might find that you will make some new like-minded friends here. 

Please come in and continue to be involved at your own pace.   Other members will be along shortly to give you their thoughts about your questions and concerns that you mentioned in your very first posting.

There is information and important LINKS that I have included below.   You will find information about the site that will help you navigate around and best utilize the features here.   
Please look closely at the LINKS in RED, answers are there to many questions that new members ask.

Again, Welcome to Susan's Place.
Danielle

Here are some links to the site rules and stuff that all new members should be familiar with:

Things that you should readSite Terms of Service & Rules to Live ByStandard Terms & DefinitionsPost Ranks (including when you can upload an avatar)Cautionary NoteReputation rulesNews posting & quoting guidelinesPhoto, avatars, & signature images policyMembership Agreement

Northern Star Girl:
@FluffLife
Dear FluffLife:

Please feel free to stop by the Introductions Forum to tell more members about yourself!

Wishing your well as you continue to be involved in the forums.
Danielle

FluffLife:
Thanks so much!

Each day I feel better and I couldn't have asked for a better experience in surgery.

All I am trying to gather is:
*Has anyone coughed a bit and still had successful results?
*What about those that needed a re-do, what do you think caused it?

Just trying to see if what the thresholds are.

My anxiety is getting the best I still hear my old voice mentally (only 1 week out)
I keep thinking that one cough was the one that broke the sutures hold lol

Thanks so much!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version