Community Conversation > Transsexual talk

Pros and Cons, things you miss.

<< < (3/8) > >>

Lynne:

--- Quote from: BrightWindow on December 20, 2019, 04:25:01 am ---... I've never felt that the women are oppressed by comparison or that the men have some special privilege and gain more respect automatically. That may be the case in other parts of the world, but in my world it's just never something I've observed.

--- End quote ---

It really depends on the kind of people who surround you, there are all kinds of people all around the world. I think you were lucky so far and I really hope that it remains that way!

I've been thinking for an hour now about what I will miss and I cannot really come up with anything. I could never really fit in as a man. I didn't look and behave like a normal guy, men's clothes have never fit me well. Most of the time I didn't enjoy any of the benefits and the few times I did, it did not make up for the years of bullying and discrimination even before I decided to transition.

Some things were more convenient when I didn't care about my looks at all but that's not something I will miss and now I may have to convince more people with certain beliefs that I know what I'm talking about but there are less and less of these people fortunately.

After leading a double life for 7 years and building my female life outside of work hours, I'm looking forward to a life that gives me freedom to express myself the way it feels natural and authentic to me, all day, every day, without thinking about my gender or feeling dysphoria about certain parts of my body.

Ellie_Arroway:

--- Quote from: Lexxi on December 19, 2019, 07:56:39 pm ---I'm only going to miss one, and only one thing about being a guy...and that's my voice. I love to sing and I think I'm pretty good at it. My voice has been compared to Johnny Cash and a couple of times to Sam Elliott, and I have been told for most of my adult life that I have the absolute best radio voice people have ever heard. Obviously though that voice won't sound good on a female, so I'll miss it when it's gone. Other than that I won't miss a thing about being male.

--- End quote ---

Funny you should say that... I want to have a female voice, but there's no way I'm giving up my male voice as part of the deal! I want to be able to return to it. I am not fantastic at singing but neither am I terrible at it, and it's something I will keep doing!

I'm beginning to think maybe I should identify as trans-feminine non-binary rather than female. Female for legal purposes, though, so that I do at least get to use a toilet in public.

Ellie_Arroway:

--- Quote from: Lynne on December 30, 2019, 11:05:28 am ---I could never really fit in as a man. I didn't look and behave like a normal guy, men's clothes have never fit me well. Most of the time I didn't enjoy any of the benefits and the few times I did, it did not make up for the years of bullying and discrimination even before I decided to transition.

--- End quote ---

That was me in school except for the clothes not fitting bit which came after I grew up.

Women's clothes do usually fit me better because I'm slight of build.

jackiefox5585:
Last year I was on hormones for 2 months but stopped due to fears for social transition. I made a calculator spreadsheet to quantify where I was at.  I took each item and rated them on a 1 to ten scale, then using a basic algorithm to convert it into a "certainty percentage." With 100% being I am absolutely sure I want to transition and 0% being not.  Anyways do not have a way of posting the spreadsheet on here. but if someone is interested I will share it with them.

Paul Muad-Dib:
I miss not having to shave almost daily.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version