Author Topic: Hair - The Final Frontier  (Read 732 times)

Offline Dayle1957

• I am a girl, I have always been a girl
Hair - The Final Frontier
« on: December 27, 2019, 08:13:15 pm »
Well, not really... BUT my hair is horrible.  I have a receding hairline and now that I have begun to grow it all out, I've discovered that the crown of my head is very thin as well.

I am thinking of going on Rogaine which might help the crown...

My partner asked me the other day if I was growing a  "Mullet"  OMG!

Okay, that is all the bad news...  anyone out there with similar issues who found a style that kind of works?  I am not expecting to "pass".  Just want a decent hair style that does not look like something a male in the corporate world would wear.   Slightly fem or maybe androgynous would be the goal.

If I ever want to pass I will have to go for the wig...  so maybe I should just do the buzz-cut?

Help!

Online Northern Star Girl

• Previously Alaskan Danielle
  • northernstargirl@susans.org
Re: Hair - The Final Frontier
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2019, 08:17:47 pm »
@Dayle1957
Dear Dayle:
An experienced and knowledgeable hair stylist, once you inform them of your desires will be able to come up with appropriate styles that fit your needs.....  they will only be too glad to help you.
HUGS,
Danielle

Well, not really... BUT my hair is horrible.  I have a receding hairline and now that I have begun to grow it all out, I've discovered that the crown of my head is very thin as well.

I am thinking of going on Rogaine which might help the crown...

My partner asked me the other day if I was growing a  "Mullet"  OMG!

Okay, that is all the bad news...  anyone out there with similar issues who found a style that kind of works?  I am not expecting to "pass".  Just want a decent hair style that does not look like something a male in the corporate world would wear.   Slightly fem or maybe androgynous would be the goal.

If I ever want to pass I will have to go for the wig...  so maybe I should just do the buzz-cut?

Help!
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW
The Ramblings of a Northern*Star Girl
A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles
I am the HUNTED PREY: Danielle’s Chronicles
Things change re: ALASKAN DANIELLE
Positive Mindset... put away negativity

Started HRT:   March 2015
Went Full-Time    December 2016
Quit my male-mode job and relocated to a very small town in Alaska in January 2017
I'm a blonde, blue eyed woman, Age 42

Offline ChrissyRyan

• Have a gentle manner ❤️
  • Family
  • No act of kindness, however small, is wasted.
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2019, 08:32:02 pm »
Dayle,

Consult the many online hairstyle Web sites for ideas.  But, it sounds as if a good stylist is what you need to help you grow into the feminine leaning style you wish to have.   :)

Chrissy
Be a good example of good behavior.  Always be kinder than needed.  Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that you speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.  Serve others.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

Offline Sophiaprincess2019

• www.tickerfactory.com
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2019, 09:12:13 pm »
I had the same (similar) problem. I had to go from this guy's thinning hair to her beautiful head of hair and I didn't want to wait several years! it did take a year to grow out my natural hair but during this time I invested in Donna Bella hair extensions. They are actual human hair and you can select your color and length.

I invested heavily in a top notch quality hair dresser who knows her stuff. She installed my extensions, colored me to match and styled it as I dreamed it would look like. She was able to turn my dreams into reality! I highly suggest a good hair stylist if there is one in your area.

Hope this gives you another option of having your dream head of hair while you grow yours out!

HUGS

Sophia
(Avatar pic is my current shade, I went considerably darker since I took the picture you see as my "current" hair)
1968 Assigned male at birth with feminine mannerisms
1978 Dolls and dresses
1988 Experimental stage, limited makeup and clothes
1998 Denial continues, unsuccessfully tried living as a man
12-8-2018 time for a change....
2-21-2019 Started HRT
2-21-2020 One year HRT
2-21-2021 Two years HRT

Offline Dayle1957

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2019, 12:49:08 am »
Thanks all!

Now I just need to find a Trans friendly stylist.

Hugs

Offline Sophiaprincess2019

• www.tickerfactory.com
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2019, 08:15:04 pm »
Thanks all!

Now I just need to find a Trans friendly stylist.

Hugs

In my experiences all hair stylists are "Trans friendly"...at least the ones I've been to :)

HUGS

Sophia
1968 Assigned male at birth with feminine mannerisms
1978 Dolls and dresses
1988 Experimental stage, limited makeup and clothes
1998 Denial continues, unsuccessfully tried living as a man
12-8-2018 time for a change....
2-21-2019 Started HRT
2-21-2020 One year HRT
2-21-2021 Two years HRT

Offline Lyric

• Family
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2019, 02:06:43 pm »
Women, as well as men have problems with hair thinning on top. A common solution is a hairpiece called a "topper". These days you can easily even find toppers with natural looking front lace hairlines. Or, of course, you could wear one with bangs that can be slipped and clipped on easily. Shopping for them is tricky, though. It will need to match your current color or you'll have to color your own hair to match the piece. And, of course, depending upon the style you want, you may need one the same length as your hair. Oddly toppers are often as expensive as full wigs, if not higher. But I've seen many women with them and a topper can be pretty much undetectable if well matched, trimmed and properly worn.
"Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life." - Steve Jobs

Offline Dayle1957

« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2019, 05:19:29 pm »
Thanks all!

Well, I decided to trim the sides myself and it came out OK.. at least it looks neat.  I did a kind of undercut and left almost everything on top.  With my current presentation, a mix of men's and women's clothes it works.  I definitely don't look like a typical cis male from the corporate world... 

By the time the sides need a cut again the top should be quite long and then I will seek a stylist and / or a wig or topper of some kind when I want to present female..

Tags: