General Discussions > Makeup

Dyed my Eyebrows last night

(1/3) > >>

Dayle1957:
My eyebrows have become nearly invisible.  Over the years they went from being very dark brown to blond.  My hair color is a light to medium brown.

Last night I finally got the nerve to dye my eyebrows using Just for Men beard and mustache dye.

It was super easy, but you have to be careful and prepare correctly.  The most important thing is to coat the skin above and below the brow with Vaseline to prevent staining skin (and looking like a clown).

The only thing is mine came out a bit too dark for my taste.  I used the medium brown color and I probably should have used the light brown. 

They do look natural so I am okay with the results.

So far I have not heard any comments, good or bad, but I like how they look, though again, they are a bit darker than I expected.

When they fade to the extent that I am ready to re-dye them I will spend another $10 and get the light brown tint.

ChrissyRyan:

--- Quote from: Dayle1957 on January 01, 2020, 02:59:40 pm ---My eyebrows have become nearly invisible.  Over the years they went from being very dark brown to blond.  My hair color is a light to medium brown.

Last night I finally got the nerve to dye my eyebrows using Just for Men beard and mustache dye.

It was super easy, but you have to be careful and prepare correctly.  The most important thing is to coat the skin above and below the brow with Vaseline to prevent staining skin (and looking like a clown).

The only thing is mine came out a bit too dark for my taste.  I used the medium brown color and I probably should have used the light brown. 

They do look natural so I am okay with the results.

So far I have not heard any comments, good or bad, but I like how they look, though again, they are a bit darker than I expected.

When they fade to the extent that I am ready to re-dye them I will spend another $10 and get the light brown tint.

--- End quote ---

Eyebrows sure make a difference for the overall appearance of your face.  You could invest in permanent makeup too but I would wait until you think you have the perfect color.  I do not know the cost as I have not looked into eyebrow coloring.  Your plan makes sense.

Chrissy

barbie:
Many young girls here shave their eyebrows to draw again with an eye pencil.

barbie~~

Ellie_Arroway:

--- Quote from: ChrissyRyan on January 01, 2020, 03:04:21 pm ---Eyebrows sure make a difference for the overall appearance of your face.  You could invest in permanent makeup too but I would wait until you think you have the perfect color.  I do not know the cost as I have not looked into eyebrow coloring.  Your plan makes sense.

--- End quote ---

It's called microblading, I think my local salon quotes upwards from £200 sterling, and there are risks involved with it. It's also technically semi-permanent.

sarahc:
I'm too scared to personally mess around with my eyebrows. I'm afraid I'll mess something up and it will look awful. So professionals only for me. And fortunately, at least where I live, there are a lot more inexpensive brows-only places that have opened up in the past couple of years. I think it's the new mani-pedi craze.

Sarah

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version