Author Topic: Bottom Surgery without Transition  (Read 28469 times)

Offline ScramBrain

Re: Bottom Surgery without Transition
« Reply #80 on: May 11, 2019, 04:17:07 am »
You don't get to pick what parts of your body are effected by hormones, but you can adjust the dose. Estrogen has a powerful psychological affect which you can't really appreciate until you try it, and there's no predicting how it will effect you.

Your main difficulty is finding doctors who will do what you want, but its quite possible as others have. Not sure how far you'll get if you're relying on insurance, but you can do whatever you want if you have the money and determination. I know of a number of people who have.

I appreciate you're probably non-binary, but it also seems like you have doubts you could successfully transition to female. I sometimes think the same thing, but its amazing what others have done.
I guess this whole thing is an iterative process to think about now that I'm not mentally shrugging it off. Since last posting I have become less concerned about estrogen if I can take relatively small doses. I have quite a passive temperament and am not unusual or remarkably stand-out looking. (Beta male?) So I suppose I'd still be passably male if my features softened to a relatively small degree. Another part of my aversion to a full change is that I feel like I've pretty much missed the window in which I figure being fully female would be most fun, 15-25-ish, and getting near the 40s and older that presenting as a man who happens to wear female clothing on the bottom would be more comfortable. The only thing that's really bothered my consistently is my genitals and the clothing limitations that result.

I'll continue with my aforementioned "get through college and be somewhat sorted" timeline and hope that everything goes well. Could someone tell me where I could see a beginners guide to what E vs T could/would change and to what degrees? Depending on budget and effects, I might just see about training and/or surgery to get my upper legs and such shaped nicely.

I don't expect much more need to discuss here, so thanks for getting me thinking and somewhat informed!

Offline AnonyMs

« Reply #81 on: May 11, 2019, 05:27:37 am »
Have a look at this post.

My low dose HRT experience (was 9 month low dose HRT)
https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,130268.0.html

Offline Zue Thet Nwe

« Reply #82 on: June 08, 2019, 06:40:44 am »
Is it possible? My mother allowed me to have srs, when I'm graduated. But, she didn't allow to live as girl. If I get transition, it will be hard to get job in my country ( Myanmar). She allowed me to wear her dresses, blouses but only at home. If it is possible, please tell me. I don't wanna live with that alien thing. I never happy with that. I know I'm a girl. Even my Mom doesn't allow me to live as a girl, I'm allowed to get srs. I can have vagina, I'll be happy every times I pee. When I get job, if they accept me. I can live as a girl. I scare about that is it ok to have srs without hormones? I'm scared about the feelings, sensation, peeing, shape. Please help me. My mom forced me to sit every time I pee at home. I'm really happy about that xD. I'm 21 now. I want to do srs at 22 or 23.

Offline DebbySoufflage

• Friend
« Reply #83 on: December 27, 2019, 08:46:57 am »
Is it possible? My mother allowed me to have srs, when I'm graduated. But, she didn't allow to live as girl. If I get transition, it will be hard to get job in my country ( Myanmar). She allowed me to wear her dresses, blouses but only at home. If it is possible, please tell me. I don't wanna live with that alien thing. I never happy with that. I know I'm a girl. Even my Mom doesn't allow me to live as a girl, I'm allowed to get srs. I can have vagina, I'll be happy every times I pee. When I get job, if they accept me. I can live as a girl. I scare about that is it ok to have srs without hormones? I'm scared about the feelings, sensation, peeing, shape. Please help me. My mom forced me to sit every time I pee at home. I'm really happy about that xD. I'm 21 now. I want to do srs at 22 or 23.

Nobody worth their salt will perform SRS on someone who won't be on hormones after the procedure and who hasn't been cleared by at least two therapists for the surgery.

If you don't take hormones after your SRS, you will be at high risk for cognitive declining and osteoporosis. And hot flashes. Terrible hot flashes. You need a sex hormone to regulate your body temperature.

Oh and if you undergo SRS, your body will feminize. Especially your pelvic shape.
It will be noticeable to others that you are feminizing.
After SRS you will definitely develop breasts and your hips will widen. The estrogen produced through aromatase from the testosterone that your adrenal glands makes, will induce gynaecomastia.
You will likely also gain weight in women's places.

Think hard before acting upon your desires.

Offline Barri

« Reply #84 on: December 27, 2019, 08:43:09 pm »
I have always wanted breast surgery, SRS, FFS, voice training to go along with the HRT...
After 18 years on hormones The male bits have shrunk considerably, are of use only in peeing while standing and the testes just hurt pretty much always.
I may someday opt for SRS without transition for reasons of personal fulfillment and to correct what I always felt was wrong.
I would continue to present as male however, after laser years ago, I have no facial or body hair, but still look like a man.
After 18ish years on HRT, I still look like a giant man.
If I had  great perky awesome boobs, I'd still look like a man with great perky awesome boobs.
If I had a female sounding voice, I'd still just be perceived by all as a giant dude with a ladies voice.
If I had FFS, I still be seen as a giant man with a oddly non male appearing face.
If I had SRS....I'd still be perceived by all as a giant dude with monster feet, just with genitalia I felt more in tune with.
Born 1963
Knew I should be female 1972
Grew 18" in single year 1978
Resigned to self that I never will pass regardless, and will always and forever just be seen as a giant dude, but will pursue femme self ID anyway.
started HRT 2002 DIY
Prescribed legitimately 2012
Just going to be me.

GordonG

« Reply #85 on: December 28, 2019, 10:43:11 am »
I have always wanted breast surgery, SRS, FFS, voice training to go along with the HRT...
After 18 years on hormones The male bits have shrunk considerably, are of use only in peeing while standing and the testes just hurt pretty much always.
I may someday opt for SRS without transition for reasons of personal fulfillment and to correct what I always felt was wrong.
I would continue to present as male however, after laser years ago, I have no facial or body hair, but still look like a man.
After 18ish years on HRT, I still look like a giant man.
If I had  great perky awesome boobs, I'd still look like a man with great perky awesome boobs.
If I had a female sounding voice, I'd still just be perceived by all as a giant dude with a ladies voice.
If I had FFS, I still be seen as a giant man with a oddly non male appearing face.
If I had SRS....I'd still be perceived by all as a giant dude with monster feet, just with genitalia I felt more in tune with.

I can relate to what you are saying. You got to be you, regardless of what others may think.

Offline BrightWindow

• Friend
« Reply #86 on: December 28, 2019, 11:16:03 am »
@Bari
I think I recall saying earlier, but height is not all, I would not be in disbelief if a cis woman were your height, I'd be surprised yes, but if she looked and sounded like a cis woman in other ways I would not "clock" her.

I don't think I gave you this link earlier but here
https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,250812.0.html
is a thread about how I'd say people percieve sex. As I say there, height is in the grand scheme of things a relatively minor factor, as it is such a general one, and I know many tall women who are not at all questioned if they are cis and are often still seen as feminine and attractive, it doesn't help us MTFs to pass as female but just because we can't change it it's not the end of the world because there are many things that matter a lot more to passing and I hope you still find a way to be happy with yourself.

BW BW
Profile picture credit:
"Nastasia (Modern)" by fawfulthegreat64
https://www.deviantart.com/fawfulthegreat64/art/Nastasia-Modern-Super-Paper-Mario-10th-676052566
Used with consent.

Offline Barri

« Reply #87 on: December 28, 2019, 10:52:04 pm »
@Bari
I think I recall saying earlier, but height is not all, I would not be in disbelief if a cis woman were your height, I'd be surprised yes, but if she looked and sounded like a cis woman in other ways I would not "clock" her.

I don't think I gave you this link earlier but here
https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,250812.0.html
is a thread about how I'd say people percieve sex. As I say there, height is in the grand scheme of things a relatively minor factor, as it is such a general one, and I know many tall women who are not at all questioned if they are cis and are often still seen as feminine and attractive, it doesn't help us MTFs to pass as female but just because we can't change it it's not the end of the world because there are many things that matter a lot more to passing and I hope you still find a way to be happy with yourself.

BW BW

Your optimism is appreciated, but 6'8" with giant man hands, giant size 16 male feet, broad shoulders and a proportionally giant head spells...DUDE...I could never pass as female in anyones estimation and I refuse to beclown the transition of any who might pass by being the standout example of "why it's so wrong" in the eyes of all bigoted haters in the world. I know and love entirely too many Transgender and Transexual people to attempt a futile transition for selfish reasons. 
Born 1963
Knew I should be female 1972
Grew 18" in single year 1978
Resigned to self that I never will pass regardless, and will always and forever just be seen as a giant dude, but will pursue femme self ID anyway.
started HRT 2002 DIY
Prescribed legitimately 2012
Just going to be me.

Offline BrightWindow

• Friend
« Reply #88 on: December 29, 2019, 12:19:28 pm »
Your optimism is appreciated, but 6'8" with giant man hands, giant size 16 male feet, broad shoulders and a proportionally giant head spells...DUDE...I could never pass as female in anyones estimation and I refuse to beclown the transition of any who might pass by being the standout example of "why it's so wrong" in the eyes of all bigoted haters in the world. I know and love entirely too many Transgender and Transexual people to attempt a futile transition for selfish reasons.

There are some cis women who are over 7 foot and nobody questions if they're cis women, and they don't just live socially as men because they're so tall and neither should you. Be who you are.

Because of your height I don't think that having big hands and feet is all that noticeable in comparison. Male hands and feet are larger than female relative to height on average but most of that is just because they're taller. Before looking into it I'd never really noticed that this was the case and assumed it was only because they were taller. I have size 11 feet and people don't really notice, so it's more of a practical issue for me than anything else, and even then not an enormous one. The size of the male head relative to height is only very slightly (2 or 3 per cent) larger than the female head so I really don't feel that matters. As for your shoulders, I do admit that is a bit more of a problem for MTFs but still, having good size breasts, a good hairstyle, and the right clothing choices will make your upper body look a lot more feminine anyway.

I don't want anybody to have unrealistic expectations for passing but what I am saying is that maybe you will, even if you don't there are many things you can do to look a lot more feminine and feel better about yourself. I'd transition even if I had zero hope of passing, and I hope you have the courage to be yourself either way.

A transition is never selfish, some of us essentially have to, others maybe not but it's still wonderful to live as your true self. I do not see why you are concerned about "beclowning" other transitioning people; I will not be hurt at all by your transition and will be happy for you.

BW BW
Profile picture credit:
https://www.deviantart.com/fawfulthegreat64/art/Nastasia-Modern-Super-Paper-Mario-10th-676052566
Used with consent.

Offline DebbySoufflage

• Friend
« Reply #89 on: December 30, 2019, 10:09:22 am »

A woman in my college classes was 6 feet 4 and had broad shoulders, big feet and large hands. Her face was feminine and her voice was feminine.
Nobody ever accused her of being a man.

It is very possible to be tall and broad and still pass as a woman.
You would be surprised what FFS and breast augmentation combined can do!

Luv,
Debby

Offline BrightWindow

• Friend
« Reply #90 on: December 30, 2019, 10:13:21 am »
A woman in my college classes was 6 feet 4 and had broad shoulders, big feet and large hands. Her face was feminine and her voice was feminine.
Nobody ever accused her of being a man.

It is very possible to be tall and broad and still pass as a woman.
You would be surprised what FFS and breast augmentation combined can do!

Luv,
Debby
Absolutely
Profile picture credit:
Used with consent.

Offline jackiefox5585

• Neighbor
  • First makeup success
« Reply #91 on: January 10, 2020, 02:21:53 am »
I have wanted this for myself in the past. When I learned about the requirements for SRS I found that to be quite daunting. In a world that doesn't much accept transgender it seems like a way to experience your feminine side but avoid the discrimination that comes with it.

However the fact that it is a permanent decision, and the high suicide rate associated with the SRS surgery is something not to take lightly. With that I see the wisdom in having the requirements.

As mentioned before, there are cases of individuals who would transition into female and eventually back into male. Though SRS being permanent obviously that would remain the same. as I understand you can half ass your transition into female then easily transition back into male.

Though one person I spoke with who did this, said that SRS was more overwhelming than they realized and was emotionally unable to transition into being male.

I am sorry if this was already touched on. I didn't read the entire thread. it was TLDR
Peace is a lie
there is only passion
through Passion I gain strength
through Strength I gain power
Through power I gain victory
Through Victory my chains are broken
The force shall free me

Offline AnonyMs

« Reply #92 on: January 10, 2020, 12:49:55 pm »
However the fact that it is a permanent decision, and the high suicide rate associated with the SRS surgery is something not to take lightly. With that I see the wisdom in having the requirements.

There’s no high suicide rate with SRS and it has a remarkably low regret rate for any kind of surgery.

Offline wantingtobe

• Visitor
« Reply #93 on: January 11, 2020, 01:36:50 am »
I am AMAB and have severe genital dysphoria which has been with me before I even hit puberty.  I’ve never been socially dysphoric and I don’t identify or see myself as a woman which has such an internal source of conflict, why do I hate my genitals and long to have female genitals?  How could that make sense without wanting to be a woman?  I don’t have the answer to why my brain thinks the way it does, but I’ve been in therapy for it a long time now and I’ve come to accept it and address it.  I got my letters by following the same WPATH guidelines as any other trans person except I am not on any hormones and I present male as I always have.  I just recently booked my consultation for vaginoplasty and expect to have surgery within the year.  I will be continuing to live as a male and will be on testosterone replacement therapy following the surgery.

If anyone else out there also has genital dysphoria but no dysphoria otherwise, you should know that it is possible have surgery and in recent years it has become much more attainable without having to follow the traditional WPATH requirements of 1 year hormones and 1 year RLE.  I’ve been in contact with a few people who have already followed this path and have only heard positive experiences.  It is obviously a huge decision that can’t be undone, ever.  I would choose any option if I could, because I know it is going to be a challenge to live as a male with a vagina but I know it’s the right decision for me. 

Offline AnonyMs

« Reply #94 on: January 11, 2020, 02:14:02 am »
wantingtobe, I’ve come across someone else who has just recently done this with Toby Meltzer. Never been on estrogen and is taking testosterone post-op. It’s great to hear the level of acceptance in the medical community these days.

Offline Devlyn

• The Forum Administrator
  • devlynmarie@susans.org
« Reply #95 on: January 11, 2020, 02:43:41 am »
Hi wantingtobe, welcome to Susan's Place! Your story is a great reminder that the times they are a changin'.  :)

Here's our standard welcome pamphlet to help you get the most out of the site. Looking forward to your posts!

Hugs, Devlyn

Things that you should read
Veteran, US Army

Offline wantingtobe

• Visitor
« Reply #96 on: January 11, 2020, 10:11:54 am »
wantingtobe, I’ve come across someone else who has just recently done this with Toby Meltzer. Never been on estrogen and is taking testosterone post-op. It’s great to hear the level of acceptance in the medical community these days.

For many years I believed I was alone in how I felt which lead me to do anything other than deal with it or seek help.  I was so sure that any therapist I saw would laugh me out of the room or whatever else one’s mind can think of when letting doubt and fear control their thoughts.  But recently it seems like I’m hearing and reading about more and more people who have the same feelings and it’s been extremely validating, especially when its a success story and with a surgeon I previously didn’t know was willing to work with non traditional gcs patients, and even more so when it’s a surgeon as well known as Meltzer.  Thank you for sharing, and is this someone you continue to have contact with?  Would love to hear their thoughts regarding post-op life.

Offline wantingtobe

• Visitor
« Reply #97 on: January 11, 2020, 10:19:47 am »
Hi wantingtobe, welcome to Susan's Place! Your story is a great reminder that the times they are a changin'.  :)

Thank you!  And, yes, they certainly are!  Not that long ago it didn’t seem like a real possibility without being willing to fake the process by presenting as MTF.  I’m thankful that it’s becoming more acceptable as a way for myself and others to transition in the way that makes sense for our lives.

Jay NB

« Reply #98 on: January 12, 2020, 05:33:05 am »
I’ve never been socially dysphoric and I don’t identify or see myself as a woman which has such an internal source of conflict, why do I hate my genitals and long to have female genitals?  How could that make sense without wanting to be a woman?  I don’t have the answer to why my brain thinks the way it does, but I’ve been in therapy for it a long time now and I’ve come to accept it and address it.
I am pretty much in the same situation. But I still find it difficult. I am missing some embedding narrative, for myself and for future social interactions. It needs a lot of courage to proceed in this uncharted territory. After endless soul searching and analysis doing SRS outside the beaten path really comes down to a leap of faith. I'd be happy to hear some post-op experience.

Tags: SRS Bottom Surgery mtf