News and Events > Religious news

United Methodist Church to split up over LGBTQ rights.

(1/1)

Jennifer300:
I actually like this idea.  I would rather chose a church that supports me than one that only half supports me.  I truly believe we are born this way and it is never a choice.  We can chose to suppress it due to fear of society non acceptance,  , but we are still a transgender person if that is how we were made.  I am glad the original church that supports LGBTQ keeps the original name.  I can't imagine any higher being punishing one for being how they created them.  Being our true selves harms no on in society, and allows us to be happier more productive people as long as society  doesn't discriminate and act out against us for simply being ourselves.  Any "church" that doesn't support us, is not a place I want to go or give money.

United Methodist Church announces proposal to split over LGBTQ rights
https://www.foxnews.com/us/united-methodist-church-split-lgbtq-rights

By Brie Stimson | Fox News

HappyMoni:
So it's now the "Divided United Methodist Church?"

I'm so confoozed!

Devlyn:

--- Quote from: HappyMoni on January 05, 2020, 08:43:31 am ---So it's now the "Divided United Methodist Church?"

I'm so confoozed!

--- End quote ---

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

gennee:
Really sad that a whole denomination cannot accept people who are different from them. However, this is nothing new. Churches have split over some really simple things.

:(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version