Author Topic: Hints for women’s deodorant to buy? Sports bra advice?  (Read 346 times)

Offline Jennifer1975

Hints for women’s deodorant to buy? Sports bra advice?
« on: January 05, 2020, 04:40:02 pm »
Just going to slowly build up my girl mode as I’m early in HRT.
Want to change my old male deodorants for female ones.
Don’t need brands and stuff that cost too much.

Any advice for nice woman’s deodorants that give a nice hint that you are on your transition journey?

And also some kind of bra advice, my nipples are a bit noticeable already due to have worked on breast even before HRT started. This way I need the other way around and have been thinking about sports bras for when in male mode and don’t yet want everyone to notice as I got some miles to travel before I meet passable point.
Any advice here?

Offline TooTallAlex

Re: Hints for women’s deodorant to buy? Sports bra advice?
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2020, 06:26:28 pm »
I just went to the store and smelled several until I found something I like. One thing I have noticed is that it's not as strong and sometimes I have to reapply for the end of the day. First week of switching to female deodorant I noticed the more feminine fragrance. Now I don't notice it and it's just part of my daily scent.

As for bras hopefully someone with more information will chime in but you may look at bralets or a camisole under your shirt. You can pick up basic camisoles for just a couple dollars.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

HRT - July 2020

Offline Rakel

• Formerly known as Dani
  • Rakel@susans.org
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2020, 07:27:45 pm »
Any advice for nice woman’s deodorants that give a nice hint that you are on your transition journey?

Actually, once you have Estradiol in your blood system and the Testosterone begins to go away, you will smell different anyway. When dogs come up to me and sniff me, they treat me just the same as any other woman. Dogs can smell the difference.

Deodorants are primarily just perfumes with sometimes an antiperspirant added in. People are accustomed to living with perfumes in their laundry detergents and deodorants. We are expected to small a certain way.

I chose to not use antiperspirants as I shower daily and use a good antibacterial soap. I also, use laundry detergents that are fragrance free. If I am dressed up for any reason, I will use a quality perfume such as Chanel No. 5 EDP.

Retired Pharmacist with over 40 years experience in Hospital and Retail Pharmacies.
I still keep my professional licence active and in good standing.

Offline Jenny_Oh

• Friend
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2020, 04:24:37 am »
Oh! It's so funny how the most mundane of things suddenly becomes a life altering decision once you decide to transition. Because I had no conception of who or what I was I used a ladies Vanilla scented antiperspirant for most of my adult life and nobody ever commented on it. Actually in Grad School I switched to the crystal thing (yeah, I know) and used a Vanilla body mist to add perfume. Now there are plenty of places that will make a custom body spray for you based on whatever essential oil you want.

Oh! For developing breasts, a bralette or non-padded sports bra is an excellent choice. You need to wear one to stop yourself grabbing your chest in response to a clothing induced twinge or spontaneous nipple erection  ;D ;D Both come in a seamless variety which are essentially invisible under other clothing. Enjoy!

Tags: