Author Topic: Movie  (Read 295 times)

Offline Bittydrew

• Friend
Movie
« on: January 05, 2020, 08:16:31 pm »
Just watched a movie on netflix called The Danish Girl was very good about I think was the first transgender woman get the kleenex out kind of sad..but really hit home to me

Offline Rakel

• Formerly known as Dani
  • Rakel@susans.org
Re: Movie
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2020, 06:23:22 am »
It is true that many of the earliest people to transition had less than optimal results. We need to respect and be grateful  to those who transitioned before us regardless of their results. As understanding and transition procedures improve, the next generation will benefit from our transition experiences. Lilly Elbe will be remembered as a brave pioneer in transgender services.

Retired Pharmacist with over 40 years experience in Hospital and Retail Pharmacies.
I still keep my professional licence active and in good standing.

Offline Pammie

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2020, 06:29:15 am »
It is true that many of the earliest people to transition had less than optimal results. We need to respect and be grateful  to those who transitioned before us regardless of their results. As understanding and transition procedures improve, the next generation will benefit from our transition experiences. Lilly Elbe will be remembered as a brave pioneer in transgender services.
100% agree!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Pammie

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2020, 06:30:36 am »
Just watched a movie on netflix called The Danish Girl was very good about I think was the first transgender woman get the kleenex out kind of sad..but really hit home to me
I watched that a couple of years ago. Powerful and sad  - I remember being so jealous about how androgynous her body was to start with!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Rakel

• Formerly known as Dani
  • Rakel@susans.org
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2020, 06:48:18 am »
The actor who played Lilly Elbe was Eddie Redmayne. He was 34 yeas old at the time the movie was filmed. He did say that if he were a few years older, he would not have been able to play this role.

Retired Pharmacist with over 40 years experience in Hospital and Retail Pharmacies.

Offline hazel8866

• Visitor
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2020, 10:20:00 am »
I love this movie, it is very powerful.

One of my favorite scenes is when she is talking to her wife and says something along the lines of, I can pretend to be a man but when I dream, they are Lilies dreams. I thought that was so beautiful.  The actor did an amazing job, and seems like he really did his research.

Offline Rakel

• Formerly known as Dani
  • Rakel@susans.org
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2020, 06:58:03 pm »
I will not spoil "The Crying Game" for you, except it really challenges our notion of what is attractive for men and women.

Definitely worth watching.

Tags: