Author Topic: Do you prefer printed or electronic format for books and other reading material?  (Read 292 times)

Offline ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
  • No act of kindness, however small, is wasted.
Do you prefer the printed or electronic format for books and other reading material?
Does it matter depending on what kind of book or where you will be doing the reading?

Both formats, as well as the audiobook format, have some advantages.

Chrissy

Always be kinder than needed.  Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that your speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

Offline JudiBlueEyes

• Family
Call me old fashioned but I like the feel of a book in my hands when I read.  I have read on my tablet but its not as enjoyable.  For news, I've converted to electronic as there is so much happening and pages are refreshed regularly. 
Wind blew in, cloud was dispersed
Rainbows appearing, the pressures were burst
Breezes a-singing, now feeling good
The moment had passed like I knew that it should

Offline Northern Star Girl

• Previously Alaskan Danielle
  • northernstargirl@susans.org
It's a PAPER BOOK for me.....    I like to turn pages, look at the book to see how far I have come and how far do I have to go to finish the book .   I sometimes have many bookmarks in the books that I am reading and will go back and forth to the different sections of the book to review what I have read.

Danielle

***SEE MY LINKS BELOW
The Ramblings of a Northern*Star Girl
A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles
I am the HUNTED PREY: Danielle’s Chronicles
Things change re: ALASKAN DANIELLE
Positive Mindset... put away negativity

Started HRT:   March 2015
Went Full-Time    December 2016
Quit my male-mode job and relocated to a very small town in Alaska in January 2017
I'm a blonde, blue eyed woman, Age 40

Offline SarahEL

• Oh no, I have said too much, I haven't said enough...
  • Friend
  • That's me in the corner.... That's me in the photo
I love books, real paper books, I also love bookshops - I used to run one.
Maybe my detest for electronic books comes from the blame I associate with them destroying the high street book trade? Either way, I have never bought an electronic book. My partner loves them, buys 2 or 3 a week!  (traitor! :) ).
Oh, life is bigger,  It's bigger Than you and you are not me
The lengths that I will go to.  The distance in your eyes

R.E.M. - Losing My Religion

Offline Julielynn

Audiobooks for me, but mostly due to being extremely farsighted.   Back when I had perfect vision, I always liked the paper versions.   I didn't like what the electronic versions were doing to the bookstores.   I did like how the electronic ones could be written and published for virtually nothing.  This opened up a whole new world to poorer writers who would never be heard of otherwise.  There's just something about bookstores I like.  I really wish there had been a good way to integrate both. 

Offline Gabby

I get being able to hold a book in my hands, but I like the idea of being able to carry my entire library in my laptop, and therefore, in my backpack. Thanks to micro SD cards, I can keep my library on my phone, too!

Online sarahc

• Sarah
As much as I like the idea of having everything on a Kindle or tablet, I enjoy reading on paper so much more. When I read on the Kindle, the book’s content doesn’t really sink in like a book or magazine. So I still buy books and go to the library.

The Internet has its place, especially around discovery of content. But books and magazines are still wonderful.

Sarah
----
48 years young.
Known that I am trans since...forever.
First therapy session / decided to transition / hair removal: October 2018
HRT: January 2019 (journal https://www.susans.org/forums/index.phpVF/topic,244009.0.html)
VFS: September 2019; three-month report here
Full-time: April 2020
FFS: August 2020
SRS: January 2021

Offline Denice

• Neighbor
Depends on what I'm reading, and where. For novels e-books are fine, for more serious reading paper is my choice. We're not allowed to use personal electronic devices at our desks at work, and I haven't gotten around to bringing along some printed material, so Project Gutenberg is my best friend at the moment.
I'm a man. I like being a man. I also love wearing women's clothing. It's my way to show honor, respect and solidarity with them.

Tags: