Author Topic: Need a name change, but don't know anyone  (Read 843 times)

Offline meatwagon

• Friend
Need a name change, but don't know anyone
« on: January 11, 2020, 10:45:40 am »
I am in North Carolina, and in order to obtain a name change in my state, I need to have a good character affidavit signed by two people from my county who aren't relatives.  The problem is, I don't know that many people.  None of my friends live in this county, and even if my family were at all supportive (they're not), relatives can't sign anyway.  What happens if I don't know anyone who can do this?  The website says there may be a chance of my county not enforcing the requirement due to it not being written into law, but I wouldn't want to bet on that.

Offline thegator

• M2F
Re: Need a name change, but don't know anyone
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2020, 04:24:43 am »
i suggest keep looking on here, or contact an Attorney, National Center for Transgender Equality, Transgender Law Center, ACLU, Local Legal Aid.

i can only hope they find you a loop hole, are you able to contact a local LGBT+ and make friends to obtain the 2 Citizen you need?
[Nothing herein is meant to be construed as legal advice]

Offline sandrauk

• Friend
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2020, 07:58:23 am »
How about an official such as bank clerk, pastor, councillor, doctor etc

Offline Northern Star Girl

• Previously Alaskan Danielle
  • northernstargirl@susans.org
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2020, 06:32:44 pm »
i suggest keep looking on here, or contact an Attorney, National Center for Transgender Equality, Transgender Law Center, ACLU, Local Legal Aid.

i can only hope they find you a loop hole, are you able to contact a local LGBT+ and make friends to obtain the 2 Citizen you need?

@thegator
I see that you have been a member of Susan's Place and the forums for just over 4 years since December 2015 and that you have never been officially welcomed and given the important rules and LINKS about the site which will assist you to safely and efficiently navigate around the Forums.  I wish to give you a warm belated Welcome to Susan's Place.

Please look closely at the LINKS in RED, answers are there to many questions that new members ask.

Again, Welcome to Susan's Place.
Danielle

Here are some links to the site rules and stuff that all members should be familiar with:

Things that you should read

cc: @Devlyn
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW
The Ramblings of a Northern*Star Girl
A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles
I am the HUNTED PREY: Danielle’s Chronicles
Things change re: ALASKAN DANIELLE
Positive Mindset... put away negativity

Started HRT:   March 2015
Went Full-Time    December 2016
Quit my male-mode job and relocated to a very small town in Alaska in January 2017
I'm a blonde, blue eyed woman, Age 42

Tags: Name Change