Author Topic: Global Entry (GOES) gender change  (Read 987 times)

Offline alicomp

Global Entry (GOES) gender change
« on: January 18, 2020, 08:22:39 pm »
Has anyone who is a member of Global Entry updated your gender with them?  If so, what is the process?  I have contacted Customs and Border Patrol. but they only replied about how to update a name change, not gender change.  (I have my new passport with new name and gender.)
Thank you.

Offline KateR

• Kate
Re: Global Entry (GOES) gender change
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2020, 08:53:32 pm »
Apply for a new Global Entry card.   Because your passport has changed you'll have to do the interview thing again.  It will cost you another $100. 

They will use what ever is on your passport. 

That's what I was told in Kansas City.

Kate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kate

Offline alicomp

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2020, 11:09:49 am »
Apply for a new Global Entry card.   Because your passport has changed you'll have to do the interview thing again.  It will cost you another $100. 

They will use what ever is on your passport. 

That's what I was told in Kansas City.

Kate

Kate - Did you apply again?  I was told for name change to go to the office with new passport and name change document and they would change name, and then we go home and request new card with new name online. They didn't tell me what to do for gender change, however.

Thanks,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline KatieP

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2020, 06:38:35 pm »
I changed the gender and then a year later changed the name. For the gender marker change, I sent them a query in the official GOES web site. Eventually, I got back from them that I had to visit an official site, along with the paperwork saying the gender is now female. I did that, and it was a 2 minute event. the card showed up a few weeks later with the same name and picture, and a new gender marker. Same old expiration date.

When I changed the name, I too had changed the passport first. Tt was almost the same thing (appointment in one of the big centers, paperwork/passport, etc), except they took a new picture. (Probably because the second time through I was dressed totally as female.  ;D ) But the same expiration date.

In both cased I had to go physically to the center. And in both cases, the new data was effective immediately.

Katie

Offline alicomp

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2020, 09:16:36 am »
I changed the gender and then a year later changed the name. For the gender marker change, I sent them a query in the official GOES web site. Eventually, I got back from them that I had to visit an official site, along with the paperwork saying the gender is now female. I did that, and it was a 2 minute event. the card showed up a few weeks later with the same name and picture, and a new gender marker. Same old expiration date.

When I changed the name, I too had changed the passport first. Tt was almost the same thing (appointment in one of the big centers, paperwork/passport, etc), except they took a new picture. (Probably because the second time through I was dressed totally as female.  ;D ) But the same expiration date.

In both cased I had to go physically to the center. And in both cases, the new data was effective immediately.

Katie

Katie,

So, since we will be doing both name and gender, we plan to bring new drivers license, new passport, and court order for name change.  Are those the documents you used?   Thanks. 

Offline alicomp

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2020, 02:19:15 pm »
@Katie - one more question.  Which office did you go to?   

Thanks again.
alicomp

Offline sarahc

• Sarah
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2020, 05:34:49 am »

Katie

I researched this question last week, as I need to update Global Entry as well, and how Katie explained it is my understanding of how the process goes. Update passport first, then make an appointment at the CBP office. My understanding is that there is no need to pay a new fee. I’m just in the process of updating my passport, so I’m behind others in this thread.

Sarah
----
48 years young.
Known that I am trans since...forever.
First therapy session / decided to transition / hair removal: October 2018
HRT: January 2019 (journal https://www.susans.org/forums/index.phpVF/topic,244009.0.html)
VFS: September 2019; three-month report here
Full-time: April 2020
FFS: August 2020
SRS: January 2021

Offline KatieP

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2020, 10:16:49 am »
@Katie - one more question.  Which office did you go to?   

Thanks again.
alicomp

San Ysidro, CA for me...

Offline KatieP

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2020, 10:20:12 am »
Katie,

So, since we will be doing both name and gender, we plan to bring new drivers license, new passport, and court order for name change.  Are those the documents you used?   Thanks.

I had only the passport and court doc.

My DL is still in the old name, mostly because SSA must be changed before the DL, and I have reasons to not change SSA...

I lead a messy life...  ;D

Katie

Tags: