News and Events > Science & Medical News

Puberty blockers linked to lower suicide risk for transgender people

<< < (2/3) > >>

Sophiaprincess2019:

--- Quote from: BrightWindow on January 24, 2020, 01:57:42 pm ---...I'm definitely still in a good position and so far I've never felt suicidal about it.

--- End quote ---

I was just thinking about transgender suicide and it's causes. When I think about why some TG people choose to end their own life I look to the reasons/causes that led them to believe there was no other way except an early exit. While many of us know there is always another option, some actually make this decision regardless of the protests of support personnel like family, therapists, doctors, close friends and relatives.

I think the current state of society plays a major role here, mainly anti-transgender sediment, laws, etc. When society goes against you for being yourself it can seem that you are alone against something much bigger than your abilities to fight back, becoming easily overwhelmed and eventually grow tired of the "fight" and decide to check out.

The people, agencies and powers that go against transgender people need to realize something: Transgender people didn't have the luxury of choosing to be transgender, but, they have the ability to choose not to go against someone because of their gender identity, placing them at greater risk of suicide.

BrightWindow:

--- Quote from: Erika_ on January 30, 2020, 12:30:56 pm ---lobotomies

--- End quote ---
I don't think I know what this means. Would you mind informing me?

Rayna:

--- Quote from: BrightWindow on January 30, 2020, 03:11:36 pm ---I don't think I know what this means. Would you mind informing me?

--- End quote ---
From Oxford: "Lobotomy is a surgical operation involving incision into the prefrontal lobe of the brain, formerly used to treat mental illness."

Obviously barbaric and inappropriate to treat gender dysphoria.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Zumbagirl:
Meh, it's statistically flawed. If you go outside looking for pigeons and then you find a pigeon that equate to success.

BrightWindow:

--- Quote from: RandyL on January 30, 2020, 04:17:30 pm ---From Oxford: "Lobotomy is a surgical operation involving incision into the prefrontal lobe of the brain, formerly used to treat mental illness."

Obviously barbaric and inappropriate to treat gender dysphoria.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

--- End quote ---
Thanks for the information.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version