Author Topic: Which mtf milestone marks the transwoman’s “birthday”?  (Read 1936 times)

Offline KarynMcD

Re: Which mtf milestone marks the transwoman’s “birthday”?
« Reply #40 on: January 31, 2020, 05:51:05 am »
My friends celebrate my Karyniversary the day I came out at officially work.

Offline ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
  • No act of kindness, however small, is wasted.
« Reply #41 on: January 31, 2020, 06:52:39 pm »
My friends celebrate my Karyniversary the day I came out at officially work.

That is a good day to remember and pick as your choice for your “birthday”!   :)

Chrissy
Be a good example of good behavior.  Always be kinder than needed.  Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that your speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.  Serve others.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

Offline Angela H

« Reply #42 on: February 01, 2020, 06:49:08 pm »
March 29th.

I always wanted to be a girl my whole life. If someone had given me a magic potion as a kid I would have drunk it without even thinking about it. But I didn't know if I wanted to transition. How can you know if getting what you want will make you happy? How can you know you're not just mistaken and it's something else that's making you unhappy? (What I heard growing up was that trans people are all delusional and won't be happy in the long run)

After hitting a low point in my life my sister encouraged me to seek out a therapist. I was terrified to admit to someone not my family my embarrassing little secret, but I found one online and during our session she asked me what pronouns I would prefer she use for me. When I told her to refer to me as "she" everything changed for me. Suddenly I realized how badly I wanted to be seen as a woman, how much I had always wanted it. I couldn't go back after that.

Offline ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
« Reply #43 on: February 02, 2020, 10:10:18 am »
For me it was the day I was hired again in my profession, opening the door to continuing work I loved in a role that suited me.

I hope that you get to work in an interesting area of your profession until you choose to work no longer.  I think that what we do, for work or service, spiritually, or to simply encourage and build up others, is very important and gives us meaning in our lives. 

Have a great week ahead!   :)

Chrissy
Be a good example of good behavior.  Always be kinder than needed.  Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that your speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.  Serve others.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

Offline Oldandcreaky

• Family
« Reply #44 on: February 22, 2020, 12:28:04 pm »
I hope that you get to work in an interesting area of your profession until you choose to work no longer.  I think that what we do, for work or service, spiritually, or to simply encourage and build up others, is very important and gives us meaning in our lives. 

Have a great week ahead!   :)

Chrissy

You're kind as ever, Chrissy. Nowadays, I mostly decline work simply because I'm old and creaky and prefer to hear the rocking chair creaking along with me.

Offline ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
« Reply #45 on: June 13, 2020, 09:27:01 am »
The more I think about this, besides her actual birth date, the most logical birthdate would be the day she as a MTF realizes she is not a man but truly a woman.

There are many important milestones though in the transitioning journey.

:)

Chrissy

Offline ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
Which mtf milestone marks the transwoman’s “birthday”?
« Reply #46 on: December 12, 2020, 06:14:25 am »
Thank you for sharing out your thoughts.   :)

Chrissy

Tags: