Author Topic: Why did I do that?!  (Read 631 times)

Offline BlueJaye

• Family
Why did I do that?!
« on: November 06, 2019, 01:40:02 pm »
I have an important client visit scheduled next week with our VP of sales and thought my hair was looking a bit shaggy.

So I decided to get a small trim to tame things a little. I asked the lady to only take off 1/2” and I didn’t specify that I am growing my hair out for a more feminine style. BIG mistake!

I feel like I lost a lot of the progress I have made. I look so man-ish now.

Why did I do that?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Sarah-Red

• Love <3
Re: Why did I do that?!
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2019, 01:47:49 pm »
I actually like the new look. Doesn't look more man-ish at all. But yeah I guess it does slow down getting it long.
Make sure you say you want to grow it out as much as you can next time! :)

Offline supertall_nobody

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2019, 01:53:55 pm »
Sorry to hear that BlueJaye.  Lesson definitely learned - always remind the stylist of the end game.   ;)

Offline ChrissyRyan

• Have a gentle manner ❤️
  • Family
  • No act of kindness, however small, is wasted.
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2019, 04:31:49 pm »
@BlueJaye

You will be just fine.  Do not sweat this. 

As with trees, sometimes it is wise to cut back even a third so it will bring more fruit.  :)
You will be more pretty than ever, just give this time. 

Chrissy

P.S. With trees sometimes the following year you cut back another third of the old growth.
Then you may have lots of fruit!
Be a good example of good behavior.  Always be kinder than needed.  Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that you speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.  Serve others.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

Offline Wendi

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2019, 08:57:39 am »
I actually like the new look. Doesn't look more man-ish at all. But yeah I guess it does slow down getting it long.
Make sure you say you want to grow it out as much as you can next time! :)
I agree. I think it looks very cute.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Started HRT 1/3/2019

Offline KathyLauren

• Casting off dull certainty
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2019, 11:35:57 am »
Even though I don't go out in public with my natural hair, it still needs cutting from time to time.  Even though I present quite femme, so it would hopefully be obvious, I always tell the stylist that I don't want my hair to look masculine.  My receding hairline is bad enough, but I would really hate it if I couldn't see some femme there in the mirror.

It never hurts to be specific.
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly, beginning full-time; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS!; 2020-09-30 New birth certificate; 2021-03-10 consultation for ongoing pain

Offline barbie

• I change my avatar every week
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2019, 12:27:12 pm »
I remember I nearly cried when I realized that the hairstylist cut my hair short. It was about 15 years ago.

Communication with the hairstylist is important. When I do not clearly state the hairstyle I want, a strange hairstyle is made, and I can not complain at the stylist. Moreover, I should wait and endure for the next several months for regrowing my hair.

Fortunately, nowadays I play with various hair extensions on my failed hairstyle. My children joke about them, and my daughter is very curious about them.

barbie~~

Just do it.

Tags: