Author Topic: Quitting hrt after 3 months  (Read 1351 times)

Offline lostone92

• Visitor
Quitting hrt after 3 months
« on: January 29, 2020, 06:59:18 am »
I was on the hrt for 3 months, since end of october and I have decided to quit. Any problems and advices? Will I regain my fertility.

Offline BrightWindow

• Friend
Re: Quitting hrt after 3 months
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2020, 07:53:23 am »
Hello,

Out of interest, why do you want to quit? Are you also doing any kind of social detransition?

Are you MTF?

How old are you?

BW BW
Profile picture credit:
"Nastasia (Modern)" by fawfulthegreat64
https://www.deviantart.com/fawfulthegreat64/art/Nastasia-Modern-Super-Paper-Mario-10th-676052566
Used with consent.

Offline Maddie

• Family
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2020, 08:18:33 am »
Sounds like another terrible upheaval to go through.
But I hope it's because this change in direction leads towards your peace and happiness.

Offline lostone92

• Visitor
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2020, 08:45:11 am »
Hey,
I am 28 y old mtf. I never socially transitioned beside coming out to a few people. I am quiting because I am putting my relationship with my fiancee before transition and because I want kids one day.
I hope quiting won't be too hard.

Offline Maddie

• Family
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2020, 08:53:29 am »
I'm glad to hear that it's your decision and noone is guilting or making you detransition.

Offline Oldandcreaky

• Family
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2020, 09:34:46 am »
Kids are wonderful.

Offline BrightWindow

• Friend
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2020, 10:02:58 am »
You can have your sperm frozen to allow genetic children even after hrt.

I understand the fiancee situation, I've met many people who feel the same, and the decision is yours, but do know that if the changes are really right for you than I hope your fiancee understands and loves you for what's on the inside, as that counts most.
Profile picture credit:
"Nastasia (Modern)" by fawfulthegreat64
https://www.deviantart.com/fawfulthegreat64/art/Nastasia-Modern-Super-Paper-Mario-10th-676052566
Used with consent.

Offline lostone92

• Visitor
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2020, 10:09:19 am »
My fiancee is clear that she is straight and that she couldn't be with a woman. She fell in love with me as a bearded Viking like guy.

Offline Rakel

• Formerly known as Dani
  • Rakel@susans.org
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2020, 07:29:31 pm »
I was on the hrt for 3 months, since end of october and I have decided to quit. Any problems and advices? Will I regain my fertility.

With only 3 months of HRT, you should bounce back just fine to your previous physical situation.

I suggest that you contact the doctor who prescribed the HRT and discuss what is needed to confirm your return to your previous situation.

Retired Pharmacist with over 40 years experience in Hospital and Retail Pharmacies.
I still keep my professional licence active and in good standing.

Online Maid Marion

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2020, 07:46:58 pm »
I'd suggest documenting both the physical and psychological effects as this information may be useful in making future decisions.

Offline Sophiaprincess2019

• www.tickerfactory.com
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2020, 08:50:08 am »
Congratulations on your decision. I tell people all the time, don't transition unless you absolutely MUST. Society places incredible pressures on transgender people only adding to their anxiety/depression. If people were allowed to live in a world with out judgement we would have harmony and less anger toward one another.

Another important aspect of transition is the medical side of things, the main point of your post. Transition is risky business. We are dealing with medical science, drugs, side effects, complications, etc. I wish you the best in bouncing back to your previous healthy state, if you started healthy that is!

Best of luck to you. What ever your destiny is in life, live well and happy.

Sophia
1968 Assigned male at birth with feminine mannerisms
1978 Dolls and dresses
1988 Experimental stage, limited makeup and clothes
1998 Denial continues, unsuccessfully tried living as a man
12-8-2018 Knew I was a woman, time for a change....
2-22-2019 Started HRT
8-9-2019 Legal Name Change
8-14-2019 New Drivers License issued with correct gender
9-5-2019 Social Security card updated
10-12-2019 Birth certificate updated
2-22-2020 One year HRT

Offline lostone92

• Visitor
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2020, 04:14:37 pm »
Thanks. I am a hit worried about coping in the long run, but right now I decided to chose my relationship and future family over transition. Problem is explaining to people now.

Online Pammie

« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2020, 05:16:45 pm »
Thanks. I am a hit worried about coping in the long run, but right now I decided to chose my relationship and future family over transition. Problem is explaining to people now.
I can imagine that will be a challenge. I imagine your rationale for starting transition actually still applies? All you can do is explain what has changed and why you see things differently. The decision to transition should be one taken after an awful lot of reflection (and external professional input in my opinion) and the decision to reverse the process deserves much reflection and (preferably) professional input in my view.

I opened the door and the light shone in

Offline lostone92

• Visitor
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2020, 06:25:00 pm »
I took the decision to try hrt after long years of agonizing and after my psych came to the conclusion that I would probably benefited from it. I didn't want to wait 1 year to try but I have soon realized that I want to keep my girlfriend and have a family more than anything else.
As for coming out I came out to my mom, sis, gf and a few close friends. Even dad is in the dark.

Offline Oldandcreaky

• Family
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2020, 09:08:29 am »
I assume that those who know will be supportive and relieved, since transitioning complicates lives and they'll enjoy those rugrats too!

Offline Maddie

• Family
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2020, 09:16:18 am »
Maybe you aren't lost.
Please enjoy and treasure the results of your decisions.

Online Pammie

« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2020, 01:48:37 pm »
I took the decision to try hrt after long years of agonizing and after my psych came to the conclusion that I would probably benefited from it. I didn't want to wait 1 year to try but I have soon realized that I want to keep my girlfriend and have a family more than anything else.
As for coming out I came out to my mom, sis, gf and a few close friends. Even dad is in the dark.
As per my previous posts whatever the triggers were for you starting HRT they will still be there and you will have to find a way of coping with them. I wish you luck because I fear there will be significant metal challenges ahead too. At least you will have the support of those you had come out to - especially as it makes their life easier

I opened the door and the light shone in

Offline Geeker

• Friend
  • life is one kick in the hind parts after another
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2020, 10:36:18 am »
@lostone92,

I partially understand where your coming from; the innate biological urge for children can be extremely strong, to the point of putting satisfying that need before yourself, and HRT does irreversibly effect that. Now, I've never wanted children, but I completely get the familial obligation aspect as that is what has kept me from even pursuing HRT. Hopefully your decision to put starting a family above your own well-being brings you more happiness than it does unhappiness. 
I'm not out, I'm not on E, unless things change I doubt I ever will be.

Offline Corrina

« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2020, 07:56:30 pm »
I tried that after 4 months of hrt. It lasted 6 months but the feelings came out stronger. Good luck in your detransition.

Offline Confused1

• Non Binary
« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2020, 10:37:24 pm »
I looked back at your 2 previous threads and see that you have received some excellent advice before HRT as well as on this thread. You seemed pretty unsure before you started HRT.

I am over twice your age. I had a pretty hard time at puberty and once after. I did not have Internet to help me know what was going on. This is your decision and only you can make it. As others have suggested, it might be a good idea to talk with a therapist again to sort out your thoughts. I don't think you have been on HRT long enough to have any effect on your ability to have children. You only get one time around in this life. Make it be what you need.

Just realize that if you stop, dysphoria may come raging back like a freight train at a later time in your life.

At the same time, I have children. I would not change anything about my life to this point if it meant not having them.

Confused1

Tags: