Community Conversation > Significant Others talk

Brothers second time around not so easy

<< < (2/3) > >>

Jessica_Rose:

--- Quote from: KathyLauren on February 04, 2020, 07:34:09 am ---He is saying that he would rather be his true self by himself than be a fake with a partner. 

--- End quote ---

Exactly right! I felt the same way. I could no longer hide who I was, even if that meant losing the one person who had always been at my side. Luckily, she stayed. If you can't be yourself, you can never truly be happy.

Love always -- Jessica Rose

randim:
It is interesting that his (or her?) language is that of cross-dressing as opposed to identifying as trans.  It may be significant or it may be that they have not come to grips with who they are yet.  If it is an identity issue, if truly female-identified, then yes, prioritizing that over a relationship is very understandable.

Kate-k:

--- Quote from: Devlyn on February 04, 2020, 07:15:39 am ---Oh, while I'm here...since you're a sibling, would you like us to add a Significant Other badge to your profile, like the one I'm sporting?  :)

Hugs, Devlyn

--- End quote ---

Hi Devlyn,
Yes please that would be useful.
Thank you

Devlyn:
There you go.  :)

Kate-k:

--- Quote from: randim on February 04, 2020, 08:38:59 am ---It is interesting that his (or her?) language is that of cross-dressing as opposed to identifying as trans.  It may be significant or it may be that they have not come to grips with who they are yet.  If it is an identity issue, if truly female-identified, then yes, prioritizing that over a relationship is very understandable.

--- End quote ---
and

To be fair it is probably more my language than his, he tends to say "dressing or dressed" rather than cross dressing etc.
I can see how language could be significant, I will certainly keep that in mind.
Thank you

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version