Author Topic: Davina's Diary series 2 , the final stage.  (Read 33009 times)

Offline Emma1017

Re: Davina's Diary series 2 , the final stage.
« Reply #920 on: June 13, 2021, 09:42:21 am »

Davina that sounds like such a great day!!!  I am excited to see when you are ready to show the Austin! 

My pride and joy is a two door Jeep Wrangler with a removable top.  I stayed away from the soft top because of the winter.  It's the perfect beach ride.  I just need to drown myself in sun block.
  The heart has reasons that reason can not understand.

My Transgender Manifesto

Offline davina61

• The ramblings of an old dear
« Reply #921 on: June 13, 2021, 12:50:25 pm »
You know when its hot when you undo your bra clasp and it stays in place !! 30C and it was to hot to work outside on the bus, came back home and cooked pork and mushroom curry. Its nice and creamy , coconut cream to finish. Well I was going to sew the seat covers but top thread jumped behind the bobbin holder causing the machine to put thread into the shuttle and jamming it up. My fault for putting top bobbin on with thread facing the wrong way, think its messed up the lower tension as its not working now and throwing loops below material that jam it again. Only way to adjust lower tension is with a small screw and I have not got a small one here.  (insert swear word of your choice here)
  Taken all afternoon/evening but have got it working, it has jiggered something in top tensioner and it now needs to be set on 8 and not 2 as before.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2021, 03:11:46 pm by davina61 »
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever.
I get pushed out of shape and its hard to steer when I get rubber in all 4 gears (Beach Boys ,little deuce coupe)

Offline davina61

« Reply #922 on: June 14, 2021, 03:06:58 am »
Well that was a bad nights sleep, far to hot . It was 27C 80F in my flat , slightly cooler in the bedroom but still hot with no covers on. Then someone had a fan ? running making a rumbling noise that disturbed me . Change of plan for today ,will try and make the seat covers.

I get pushed out of shape and its hard to steer when I get rubber in all 4 gears (Beach Boys ,little deuce coupe)

Offline davina61

« Reply #923 on: June 16, 2021, 02:23:56 pm »
Well its all quiet on the western front, must be mid week------
Made the 3 seat covers, turned out okay giving its my first attempt. Would post a photo but Imgur is on go slow yet again and its not my end.
Weathers going to break tonight , thunder storms forecast but not sure if they will get to here. Rain for the next week as well , as the local radio weather man said its nature balancing the books.

Online Sephirah

« Reply #924 on: June 16, 2021, 02:54:10 pm »
Well that was a bad nights sleep, far to hot . It was 27C 80F in my flat , slightly cooler in the bedroom but still hot with no covers on. Then someone had a fan ? running making a rumbling noise that disturbed me . Change of plan for today ,will try and make the seat covers.

I have no idea how people cope with temperatures like that. I cook in anything over 20 degrees. If I could move to Antarctica, I would. :P I have a giant fan running almost permanently from February to October, lol.

Offline davina61

« Reply #925 on: June 18, 2021, 03:47:27 am »
Had a niggle back ache after lifting the leisure battery , not helped by doing a lot of sitting this last few days and this morning its giving me grief . Need to get mobile, tighten my belt to support it and stay upright today. Old injury and have had it lock out before so need to be careful till it clears .
I can feel HRT is on a low again , it seems to go in peeks and throughs . New patches this morning so will see how the girls respond later , bit like the rocky horror show , feed me baby, feed me!!!!

Offline davina61

« Reply #926 on: June 20, 2021, 03:38:50 am »
Still getting grief from my lower back, have to be careful it doesn't spasm or I will be stuck. Bent over to clamp some work to the workmate and it started to spasm but managed to control it.
My youngest lad just messaged me wishing a happy fathers day.
Having a go at making the seat covers for Golf seats today, slow and steady I think. 

Offline ChrissyRyan

• Have a gentle manner ❤️
  • Family
  • No act of kindness, however small, is wasted.
« Reply #927 on: June 20, 2021, 05:50:59 am »
Still getting grief from my lower back, have to be careful it doesn't spasm or I will be stuck. Bent over to clamp some work to the workmate and it started to spasm but managed to control it.
My youngest lad just messaged me wishing a happy fathers day.
Having a go at making the seat covers for Golf seats today, slow and steady I think.

I hope the seat covers turn out nice and that your back does not hurt.

Chrissy
Be a good example of good behavior.  Always be kinder than needed.  Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that you speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.  Serve others.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

Offline RandiL

• Formerly RandyL
  • On the way
« Reply #928 on: June 20, 2021, 07:43:38 am »
I hope happy Father's Day wishes from your son are well received. My kids still call me Dad and I'm fine with that. Much better than Dead as my autocorrect frequently signs my messages for me! I hope your back stays good.

Sent from my dual-floppy Victor 9000 using Tapatalk

Forging my new, best life as Randi

My personal blog thread: Randi the lost traveler, finding the right road at last

My HRT thread: Randi's HRT Journal

Offline Emma1017

« Reply #929 on: June 20, 2021, 09:33:54 am »
HAPPY FATHERS DAY DAVINA!!!!👍🍺

My Transgender Manifesto

Online Pammie

• Up
« Reply #930 on: June 20, 2021, 01:15:30 pm »
HAPPY FATHERS DAY DAVINA!!!!
My three surviving children haven’t sent me any happy Father’s Day cards or messages and that’s kinda ok. I spoke to my youngest and she did wish me a happy Father’s Day though. My son-in-law and Siobhan’s 2 little boys bought me a card, some chocolates and some flowers though!
It’s VERY complicated being a trans woman and a dad!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline davina61

« Reply #931 on: June 20, 2021, 01:30:51 pm »
Very true Pam but I told my lot I am still dad and they still call me that.  Backs a bit hit and miss , catching me out at times. Made the seat base cover this afternoon, turned out okay.

Offline davina61

« Reply #932 on: June 22, 2021, 02:56:21 am »
The scales have been kind to me this last week or so, maybe its the better weather? Certainly feel more active at times ,still just crash out and lack go sometimes . Sharing my time between the hot rod and panel van , not much left on panel just the front seats . Bits turning up for the Austin as well so plenty to do now.

Offline davina61

« Reply #933 on: June 24, 2021, 02:49:47 am »
Think I need to cut out rice, have needed to make some to go with that last batch of curry (HOT!) but found weight gain slightly . Think I need to cut all carbs.
Good day on the Austin as finally glued the body side panels on, got glue in my hair but managed to remove it. I wear a beanie in my workshop after taking my wig off , my hair (what I have) has grown to bottom of my neck  and gone curly and I forget it needs tying back some times. Shame the top bit is wispy .

Online Pammie

• Up
« Reply #934 on: June 24, 2021, 03:11:23 am »
Think I need to cut out rice, have needed to make some to go with that last batch of curry (HOT!) but found weight gain slightly . Think I need to cut all carbs.
Good day on the Austin as finally glued the body side panels on, got glue in my hair but managed to remove it. I wear a beanie in my workshop after taking my wig off , my hair (what I have) has grown to bottom of my neck  and gone curly and I forget it needs tying back some times. Shame the top bit is wispy .
Do you actually have a Surgery date already?
Good luck with everything, sounds like weight loss mainly going well!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline davina61

« Reply #935 on: June 24, 2021, 07:24:37 am »
Not yet Pam, still need to lose 5lb and get back to them for another appointment. At least 6 months wait after that if not longer. GIC have at last done the referral for electrolysis to NHS , now have to wait for funding . Its already 18months behind due to you know what.

Offline Maddie

• Family
« Reply #936 on: June 24, 2021, 12:23:27 pm »

Glue in hair is simply horrifying.  Protect your curls Davina :)

Offline Emma1017

« Reply #937 on: June 24, 2021, 12:32:20 pm »

Great progress even if its slow Davina.  You got this. ;D

My Transgender Manifesto

Offline davina61

« Reply #938 on: June 24, 2021, 12:33:47 pm »
Well what a day, I just gave up trying as nothing was going my way. Started off leaving my glasses on the counter in chemists when I collected my patches, forgot a few items when food shopping , missed a parcel drop off as my phone didnt ring from door bell (it said missed call) , thought I would have a screwdriver in my tool box at home to fit the screw on sewing machine but NO so cant sew, went to try the covers I had made for seat base but found I need some thick,  wire , washing machine didnt turn on and went to post this on FB and it dumped my text twice so the tub of ice cream didnt make it to 4pm . Just one of those days, never mind always tomorrow .

Offline davina61

« Reply #939 on: June 26, 2021, 01:38:03 am »
Need to get these seat done, have booked another weekend at a VW show, thats 3 now, Bristol in August and local one beginning of Sept (that I bought tickets BC , before covid!) and the next weekend Camping at the Castle just over the border in south wales. Will be nice to get back to meeting folk, alfresco cooking and all.
Fixed sewing machine, a grub screw had come loose ,sew (ha ha) I managed to make the seat back inlay panels last night.
The girls are sore again but its full? moon , always affects me and that's probably why my brain was mush the other day. Moon affects me I hear you ask but I can divine and have some sort of 6th sense , my BFF who is an empath says she can see/feel it in my aura . I say just go with nature

Tags: