Author Topic: Davina's Diary series 2 , the final stage.  (Read 22655 times)

davina61 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Online davina61

• The ramblings of an old dear
Re: Davina's Diary series 2 , the final stage.
« Reply #220 on: April 25, 2020, 01:50:00 pm »
Taken me 3 years so far, mainly due to lack of spare time. Wanted to get it ready to go camping this year but that's off anyway!!
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever.
I get pushed out of shape and its hard to steer when I get rubber in all 4 gears (Beach Boys ,little deuce coupe)

Online davina61

« Reply #221 on: April 27, 2020, 03:15:30 am »
Day 19- much the same as any day, get ready and go to unit . get there about 10ish till 4ish as by the time I get back and clean up its getting on for 5 . Sort some dinner and slum time ----------
I know I have said this before but seriously need to go on strict diet, lock down not helping causing boredom eating .
Time to get off my arse and do some work, got to collect bread for mum and post a carb part to member of VW bus forum . 

I get pushed out of shape and its hard to steer when I get rubber in all 4 gears (Beach Boys ,little deuce coupe)

Online davina61

« Reply #222 on: April 28, 2020, 03:42:56 am »
Gave myself day off working on bus, well its turned cold and wet and flat needs cleaning, clothes to wash and cooking to do. Have veg to cook before it goes bad, courgettes , cauliflower so looks like a couple of curries then . Have been trying to sprout some moth beans to cook but less than 1/2 have shoots so far.
Missing my friends and family, have a zoom hot rod club meet tonight so a bit of distraction but not the same.

Online davina61

« Reply #223 on: April 29, 2020, 03:27:46 am »
Bugger got a runny nose/blocked sinus and sticky eyes , cold? or from all that filler/paint dust that gets into your system through the best dust masks . Could be hay fever, anyway hope fully this should be last day of rubbing down/paint stripping then the big clean up begins to get all the dust up before painting. What fun!!!
Think I might make a quiche tonight to go in lunch box , that's if the gluten free flour (all I could get) cooks ok.   

Online davina61

« Reply #224 on: May 01, 2020, 02:28:15 am »
Where did April go , saying that only had 2 days at work. Still have 3 weeks of furlough left as well . Keeping myself busy has helped , my youngest lad wants me to rewire his bike tomorrow. Well its more sort out previous bodges , KTM moto cross bike made road legal so a lot of add ones like indicators , lights, horn .
Got my new patches and they haven't reduced dose , blood test in 2 weeks time (if I can get it done?) so see what the levels are like then.
its breezy today , forecast high of 16 C but thundery showers later. Had to put heating on the last few nights and under floor heating that on thermostat has come on in kitchen .
Look after yourselves everyone XXXXXXX

Online davina61

« Reply #225 on: May 02, 2020, 02:38:36 am »
Well this is good, only going to shop for food and then only when needed. Not getting close to anyone and yet still have caught a cold!! It is just a cold, blocked sinus ,streaming nose and sticky eyes. Starting to shift , daft thing is was clear when woke up but nose started again (sniff) .

Offline sandrauk

• Friend
« Reply #226 on: May 02, 2020, 03:53:04 am »
I'm the same but mine's just hay fever  I have to spend a few minutes every morning clearing my sinuses by breathing long slow breaths in through the nose. It's annoying because if my sinuses aren't clear I lose control of voice pitch.

Online davina61

« Reply #227 on: May 02, 2020, 01:24:11 pm »
I do get hay fever but not normally till later in the year , cleared today anyway a 3 day cold .

Online davina61

« Reply #228 on: May 03, 2020, 04:26:08 pm »
As Robin said , colour me red for abasement (just been watching Bat Woman   ) . Decided to cook some Parathas for tea , recipe said heat a griddle and coat with butter. Now put extractor on and closed kitchen door and it still set fire alarm off, as its a block of flats its a full on system. Managed to turn it off after cleaning detector with vac and putting code in . Its happened before from cooking fumes and not just to me .

Online davina61

« Reply #229 on: May 05, 2020, 02:34:24 am »
Sent a curry to the ex, lamb korma , cauliflower and potatoes and moth beans. Got a text saying thanks it was delicious .My cooking is improving as pick up tips like add a splash of water when frying spices to stop them burning, cover onions when frying to cook quicker but get them dry to brown .
Started spraying primer on van, after rewiring my lads KTM he gave me a hand to turn unit into temp spray booth,cant rig up an extractor though. Still its paint and go home, have new mask and painters overalls .   

Offline JudiBlueEyes

• Family
« Reply #230 on: May 05, 2020, 09:29:50 am »
I'm sure you're happy to be at the point where you can lay some primer on your panel van.   Will you do the final topcoat paint yourself or sent it out?   
Wind blew in, cloud was dispersed
Rainbows appearing, the pressures were burst
Breezes a-singing, now feeling good
The moment had passed like I knew that it should

Online davina61

« Reply #231 on: May 05, 2020, 11:26:49 am »
Will do it myself, TBH cant afford to get anyone to do it. Not the first total respray I have done . Just a few panels left to prime , food shop for mum tomorrow and a bit for me. Had to go and get more paint supplies , ran out of gloves as well but they had some. Got primer on my hands and it will not come off even with gun wash, it will wear off------------eventually.

Offline Northern Star Girl

• Previously Alaskan Danielle
  • northernstargirl@susans.org
« Reply #232 on: May 05, 2020, 11:37:24 am »
Will do it myself, TBH cant afford to get anyone to do it. Not the first total respray I have done . Just a few panels left to prime , food shop for mum tomorrow and a bit for me. Had to go and get more paint supplies , ran out of gloves as well but they had some. Got primer on my hands and it will not come off even with gun wash, it will wear off------------eventually.
@davina61
Dear Davina:
Just make certain to get some matching fingernail polish to go with the primer color.
Danielle
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW
The Ramblings of a Northern*Star Girl
A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles
I am the HUNTED PREY: Danielle’s Chronicles
Things change re: ALASKAN DANIELLE
Positive Mindset... put away negativity

Started HRT:   March 2015
Went Full-Time    December 2016
Quit my male-mode job and relocated to a very small town in Alaska in January 2017
I'm a blonde, blue eyed woman, Age 41

Online davina61

« Reply #233 on: May 06, 2020, 03:09:36 am »
clear blue sky this morning with a forecast high of 17C and light breeze , get to "dress up" today to go shopping .
Danielle , no point in nail varnish as the paint cleaner will strip it!!! and not seen a dirty grey anyway-------
Yes have to brave /risk the supermarket again, maybe I should wear my painting respirator!!!

Offline CynthiaAnn

• like totally dig that pacific pulse....
« Reply #234 on: May 06, 2020, 08:41:52 am »
no point in nail varnish

I know with all this hand washing it's harder to keep a good looking manicure.

Supermarket experience here has been calm and relaxed so far, we went yesterday, although contrarian timing makes quite a difference...
kindness is love nurturing your soul....

Online davina61

« Reply #235 on: May 06, 2020, 01:20:53 pm »
It was very quiet , did shopping in no time (still no self raising flour) .  Mum had a "community" food parcel given to her, 2 day past sell by spinach (made a curry) and a squashed looking kiwi fruit (was ok!) so she gave me the stuff she wont use including 1/2 loaf of brown bread with todays use by. Supermarkets saying they give food to help out but looks like stuff that would have been thrown away.
Spinach curry, wash and coarsely chop spinach, drain. Olive oil in pan, fry cumin seeds when they sizzle add thinly sliced garlic, when golden add spinach salt and cayenne pepper fry 1min then cover and cook till wilted. remove lid and cook till moisture gone . serve . 

Offline RandyL

• On the way
« Reply #236 on: May 06, 2020, 05:12:35 pm »
Spinach Curry sounds good. We have some fresh spinach so I might try that.

Sent from my dual-floppy Victor 9000 using Tapatalk

Casting about for my best path forward...

My personal blog thread: Randy the lost traveler, finding the right road at last

My HRT thread: Randy's HRT Journal

Online davina61

« Reply #237 on: May 07, 2020, 01:12:10 pm »
Threw some primer on the last bits this morning, cleaned up and left . Got back for lunch time, BORED , ended up cooking my dinner for some thing to do. Toad in the hole with peppers and sweet potato chunks added, rest of the sweet potato made into Indian dessert.
Will be busy for the next few days rubbing down primer.
Rang Docs to get a blood test, recorded message saying ring on day you want appointment as no advanced slots being taken. Just hope I can get in as its time for my anti T inj.

Offline Northern Star Girl

• Previously Alaskan Danielle
  • northernstargirl@susans.org
« Reply #238 on: May 07, 2020, 01:26:05 pm »
@Davina
Dear Davina:
You had me wondering what is "Toad in the Hole"
I looked it up... and it sounds wonderful.
   Toad in the hole or Sausage Toad is a traditional
    English dish consisting of sausages in Yorkshire
    pudding batter, usually served with onion gravy
    and vegetables.
    Historically, the dish has also been prepared using
    other meats, such as rump steak and lamb's kidney.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toad_in_the_hole

Yes, I hope that you can get your blood test in time for your anti-T injection...
Please continue to keep your thread updated.
HUGS,
Danielle

Threw some primer on the last bits this morning, cleaned up and left . Got back for lunch time, BORED , ended up cooking my dinner for some thing to do. Toad in the hole with peppers and sweet potato chunks added, rest of the sweet potato made into Indian dessert.
Will be busy for the next few days rubbing down primer.
Rang Docs to get a blood test, recorded message saying ring on day you want appointment as no advanced slots being taken. Just hope I can get in as its time for my anti T inj.
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW
The Ramblings of a Northern*Star Girl
A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles
I am the HUNTED PREY: Danielle’s Chronicles
Things change re: ALASKAN DANIELLE
Positive Mindset... put away negativity

Started HRT:   March 2015
Went Full-Time    December 2016
Quit my male-mode job and relocated to a very small town in Alaska in January 2017
I'm a blonde, blue eyed woman, Age 41

Online davina61

« Reply #239 on: May 07, 2020, 03:15:26 pm »
YES , just a pancake mix. plain flour, egg, milk . cook sausage in lard (or oil) in dish 200C then add batter .

Tags: