Author Topic: Davina's Diary series 2 , the final stage.  (Read 19690 times)

Offline davina61

• The ramblings of an old dear
Re: Davina's Diary series 2 , the final stage.
« Reply #520 on: November 15, 2020, 01:13:26 pm »
Not so bad today but a few heavy showers, damp in my unit so stuck fan heater on . Bit of a lost cause but at least I could warm my hands.
Managed to get seat for the Austin (hot rod) down from the roof space on my own, that was fun as needed to drag it to the edge with a hooked pole and then lift it down balancing  it on my head till I could set it down. Thats given me some work to do now making seat mountings , pedal/steering column support and then try out my dash idea.
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever

Offline davina61

« Reply #521 on: November 18, 2020, 03:38:04 am »
Life plods on, not much happening at the moment just hot rod eat sleep repeat. Run out of fish oil capsules and don't my knees know it, shopping tomorrow so will get some. Changed my diet a bit , more veg and pulses with a 3lb weight loss so far . Not cut out meat all together , made some chicken Tikka drum sticks for my lunch box . Made an Indian butternut squash dish that it says have with a pork dish , maybe some chops.
Time to go and do a bit more to the Austin, made drivers seat mounts and today can fix (hopefully ) the steering column in then I can try and work out the new dash.

Offline davina61

« Reply #522 on: November 19, 2020, 01:02:03 pm »
Needed to print of a document to sign ,  photocopy and e mail back. Printer just would not print PDF file without missing some lines, wasted 10 sheets of paper. Now have to wait for them to post it to me , its a pain when tech don't work.
Made a nice pork curry (see what did you have for dinner) and have enough meat left from Pork shoulder to make a Vindaloo and the rind to make some scratchings . 

Offline davina61

« Reply #523 on: November 20, 2020, 03:33:34 am »
Its a cold damp and windy one today, back to the routine. Sleeping a lot better now its cold in my bedroom, back to the nighty . My enthusiasm is waning again , probably due to lack of funds.   

Offline Northern Star Girl

• Previously Alaskan Danielle
  • northernstargirl@susans.org
« Reply #524 on: November 20, 2020, 11:45:53 am »
Its a cold damp and windy one today, back to the routine. Sleeping a lot better now its cold in my bedroom, back to the nighty . My enthusiasm is waning again , probably due to lack of funds.
@davina61
Dear Davina:
Hang in there ... this extended lockdown, sometimes unreasonable draconian rules and arbitrary restrictions, and constantly wearing masks is taking a big toll on our demeanors and how we view our individual futures.

Regarding lack of funds... since this whole started early this last spring my own little small business has been doing less than half of my normal business so I am fully aware of the difficulties that will bring.  I have had to operate on a very tight budget at work and at home.  The severe cold weather here in the winter time does bring on additional expenses however... so that is not good news for my available funds.

I also can get a better sleep in a cooler bedroom ...but once up I like a warmer house and my warm office at work.

Again Davina, hang in there and try to stay positive as much as you can under the circumstances.

HUGS
Danielle

***SEE MY LINKS BELOW
The Ramblings of a Northern*Star Girl
A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles
I am the HUNTED PREY: Danielle’s Chronicles
Things change re: ALASKAN DANIELLE
Positive Mindset... put away negativity

Started HRT:   March 2015
Went Full-Time    December 2016
Quit my male-mode job and relocated to a very small town in Alaska in January 2017
I'm a blonde, blue eyed woman, Age 40

Offline davina61

« Reply #525 on: November 20, 2020, 12:37:15 pm »
I am fine although I was Little Miss Pissed Off today as nothing wanted to go right, not giving in I have sorted out the seat mounting. Made a pork Vindaloo , had to grind (used my blender cheating) onion, garlic , ginger, coriander and mustard seeds  in vinegar to make a paste to marinade the pork. Blender is great for taking frustration out!!!! die onion die!!

Offline JudiBlueEyes

• Family
« Reply #526 on: November 20, 2020, 06:40:05 pm »
So funny!  I'm sorry to hear your day hadn't gone as planned.  Hang in there!
Wind blew in, cloud was dispersed
Rainbows appearing, the pressures were burst
Breezes a-singing, now feeling good
The moment had passed like I knew that it should

Offline davina61

« Reply #527 on: November 23, 2020, 03:47:41 am »
slept in again, not that it matters. Very thick fog here anyway and cold (mild for that northern lass) around freezing.
Bit stumped as to getting present's for my kids, making a VW lamp for my daughter with a lampshade kit and some jazzy Beetle patterned cloth. Thinking about a sculpture for the 2 boys, youngest is fishing mad and I have a load of rusty washers so might make a carp as long as it doesn't end up as an anagram -------- Garden sculpture for the eldest from old tools, need my artistic head on.   

Offline davina61

« Reply #528 on: November 24, 2020, 04:30:55 am »
More ramblings, it keeps me sane living on my own and only my friends on here to "talk" to. Lock down is making it worse of course , working on my hot rod at least keeps me occupied.
 Stayed up late so I could watch Supernatural  on catch up as my internet speed is rubbish till every one has gone to bed, nearly 1pm when I climbed in my pit and woke at 9am!! Never mind .
Warmer day today, 12C light wind and cloud turning cold as the week goes on.
Made my flask of tea and salad for lunch box (lettuce, celery, cucumber, mini plumb tomatoes and some chunks of corned beef) so best get going. Trying to make a new dash out of the outer skin of the remnants of the doors , lots of panel bashing and shaping needed!!!

Offline JudiBlueEyes

• Family
« Reply #529 on: November 24, 2020, 09:34:50 am »
The lockdown is so difficult, but it won't last.  We'll get past these times.  Stay focused on your hobby and art creation.  A carp from a bunch of washers sounds neat.  The weather in the Northeast of the US has been seasonally mild, unlike last year.  Its sunny but cooler today.  It was rainy and mild yesterday when I finished the work on my friends car.  I had to wait a week for dealer only parts. Argh!  Watch out for your fingers as you bash those panels!!

Offline davina61

« Reply #530 on: November 25, 2020, 03:55:01 am »
Watch my fingers, yes got an annoying metal splinter in my thumb and its so small its invisible. Watch my back more like having back pain/pulled muscle from bending over for ages and twisting, its an old injurie that catches me out and it is made worse when its cold and damp.
Still have 2 days off , shopping tomorrow and house work and Friday I have a voice lesson . Nearly 10 am again so best get my bum in gear, late to bed again watching Supernatural on catch up . Strange that my internet starts working at 11pm like its been switched on.

Offline JudiBlueEyes

• Family
« Reply #531 on: November 25, 2020, 05:26:33 pm »
I got a small invisible shard in my index finger last week.  I would hit it at the worse time.  It eventually washed out.  I'm watching how I move in the shop as I can hurt my back easily.  Take care and enjoy the next couple days off.

Offline davina61

« Reply #532 on: November 26, 2020, 07:17:13 am »
Have been trying to get hold of GIC to see if my appointment on Monday is still ok, they rang me today as I was driving and by the time it was safe to pull over I missed them. Returned the call but it  goes to main switch board , they transferred me but you only get answer machine . What a mess, left a message to say ring back but not holding my breath.
Well they just rang back, the one Doc is ill so that's been cancelled and the other is via video . At least I dont have to travel to Nottingham .

Offline Northern Star Girl

• Previously Alaskan Danielle
  • northernstargirl@susans.org
« Reply #533 on: November 26, 2020, 09:42:38 am »
@davina61
Dear Davina:
I hope and trust that your video doctor's appointment goes well.
Missing a phone call from my doctor is not a good thing, it is just about impossible to call back and connect with them.
I hope that your day goes well and that you can get the medical attention that you need soon.
HUGS,
Danielle

Have been trying to get hold of GIC to see if my appointment on Monday is still ok, they rang me today as I was driving and by the time it was safe to pull over I missed them. Returned the call but it  goes to main switch board , they transferred me but you only get answer machine . What a mess, left a message to say ring back but not holding my breath.
Well they just rang back, the one Doc is ill so that's been cancelled and the other is via video . At least I dont have to travel to Nottingham .
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW
The Ramblings of a Northern*Star Girl
A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles
I am the HUNTED PREY: Danielle’s Chronicles
Things change re: ALASKAN DANIELLE
Positive Mindset... put away negativity

Started HRT:   March 2015
Went Full-Time    December 2016
Quit my male-mode job and relocated to a very small town in Alaska in January 2017
I'm a blonde, blue eyed woman, Age 40

Offline davina61

« Reply #534 on: November 26, 2020, 03:21:28 pm »
I just hope that I can get onto the surgery list come Monday, will push for it. Letter today for phone call from doc looking at my wrist, a week next Wednesday-----------

Offline JudiBlueEyes

• Family
« Reply #535 on: November 26, 2020, 05:55:01 pm »
I do hope you can get on the list for surgery.  If your doctor had seen your wrist previously I imagine a phone appointment with him will be fine.  I do hope it all goes well.

Offline davina61

« Reply #536 on: November 28, 2020, 04:05:47 am »
That will teach me to eat cheese before bed time, weird dreams that have left my brain scrambled . Felt like a hangover but not had any booze for over 2 weeks, shouldn't have been dehydrated as drank loads stuck at home yesterday.
Will venture to my unit in a bit, found a torpedo (all but stubby) shaped kettle in stainless on the scrap pile and it might make a base for my fish sculpture .
Made the lampshade from kit for daughters Christmas prezzy , came out good enough for a first attempt . Have some material left over , not sure what to do with it but maybe a cushion ? Need a sewing machine first!!

Offline JudiBlueEyes

• Family
« Reply #537 on: November 29, 2020, 10:07:19 am »
I know what you mean.  I had cheese and crackers with a glass of wine before bed a couple nights last week.  I didn't sleep well either.  (must have been the crackers)  I think its easier to get dehydrated as the weather has turn drier (at least here).  I need to pull the humidifier out.  I'm waiting to see a photo of the fish when you are finished!

Offline davina61

« Reply #538 on: November 29, 2020, 10:34:47 am »
Not started on the fish yet but made a planter from an old colander on a pole (have a good heavy base) with flowers and leaves coming out of the top. They are made from off cuts from the hot rod that would have gone in the scrap bin.

Offline davina61

« Reply #539 on: November 30, 2020, 03:33:58 am »
Wish my brain worked, been off the last 2 days and cant think straight . Saying that its since I had weird dreams that scrambled everything . My E level on last test was high as it had gone from mid 600s to over a thousand , have had peaks before and then next test back to mid 600s.
Anyway back to the brain, was planning to take a flask of soup with me today and put coffee in it without thinking. Blast so made a salad instead of a sandwich. Yes my brain is fuddled at the best of times I could do without the extra mush, the "fun" of being dyslexic I suppose  .
Must do my voice lessons more, she was pleased with my pitch again so need to do longer sentences . So thats goooodbyeeeeee. Helooooooooow and things like that with "how are you doing " . Round yer its more like "howsitgoin "!!!

Tags: