Author Topic: Davina's Diary series 2 , the final stage.  (Read 22764 times)

Offline davina61

• The ramblings of an old dear
Re: Davina's Diary series 2 , the final stage.
« Reply #540 on: November 30, 2020, 01:15:33 pm »
Just got off my video call with GIC, they will put me onto surgery list (ya!) chase up my hair removal as well . He said see you in 6 months whether I have had surgery or not (not expecting it that quick but you never know) . So thats all promising. Have to have another blood test to check on spike in E level , expected. Now I just need to shift the pounds but at least I now have a goal.
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever.
I get pushed out of shape and its hard to steer when I get rubber in all 4 gears (Beach Boys ,little deuce coupe)

Offline Megan.

• Homepage & Blog
« Reply #541 on: November 30, 2020, 02:04:53 pm »

Just got off my video call with GIC, they will put me onto surgery list (ya!) chase up my hair removal as well . He said see you in 6 months whether I have had surgery or not (not expecting it that quick but you never know) . So thats all promising. Have to have another blood test to check on spike in E level , expected. Now I just need to shift the pounds but at least I now have a goal.

Davina,

Great news, very happy for you!

it's very possible that you could have surgery in that window. The backlog at Parkside is currently (I think) around 10 weeks. The big factor ofc is if you need any bottom hair removal. Your BMI needs to be below 30, and below 25 is ideal from a risk perspective. You'll also need to drop E for at least 4 weeks before hand.

X.

Sent from my MI 9 using Tapatalk

"Life is a travelling to the edge of knowledge, then a leap taken." - D. H. Lawrence

Offline Pammie

« Reply #542 on: November 30, 2020, 02:12:38 pm »

Davina,

Great news, very happy for you!

it's very possible that you could have surgery in that window. The backlog at Parkside is currently (I think) around 10 weeks. The big factor ofc is if you need any bottom hair removal. Your BMI needs to be below 30, and below 25 is ideal from a risk perspective. You'll also need to drop E for at least 4 weeks before hand.

X.

10 weeks? I read it was over 2 years in the uk?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline davina61

« Reply #543 on: November 30, 2020, 02:23:47 pm »
Pam thats the wait to get referred I think, once your on the list its quick (ish) , yes its the BMI and hair removal that will slow me down.
Picture of the fish I made for youngest's Christmas present .

I get pushed out of shape and its hard to steer when I get rubber in all 4 gears (Beach Boys ,little deuce coupe)

Offline davina61

« Reply #544 on: November 30, 2020, 02:31:03 pm »
Pic of flowers I made wont upload, not enough internet speed (again) , thats all made from rusty washers and scrap off cuts. Base is a lump of metal from my handy pile and upright is the remains of a beetle throttle pedal shaft

Offline Northern Star Girl

• Previously Alaskan Danielle
  • northernstargirl@susans.org
« Reply #545 on: November 30, 2020, 02:32:52 pm »
@davina61
Dear Davina:

Thank you for sharing the picture of the "fish" that you made...  I love your artwork...  you are so very creative with pieces of metal and old car parts.   ...   OH and love the the "scales" you put on the fish... washers!!!! 
It is a fun piece and I am sure that the youngest will like it as their Christmas present.

HUGS and blessings to you.
Danielle

Pam thats the wait to get referred I think, once your on the list its quick (ish) , yes its the BMI and hair removal that will slow me down.

***SEE MY LINKS BELOW
The Ramblings of a Northern*Star Girl
A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles
I am the HUNTED PREY: Danielle’s Chronicles
Things change re: ALASKAN DANIELLE
Positive Mindset... put away negativity

Started HRT:   March 2015
Went Full-Time    December 2016
Quit my male-mode job and relocated to a very small town in Alaska in January 2017
I'm a blonde, blue eyed woman, Age 41

Offline Pammie

« Reply #546 on: November 30, 2020, 02:36:11 pm »

Love the fish! Which GIC are you with? Im with Leeds

Offline davina61

« Reply #547 on: November 30, 2020, 02:41:26 pm »
Nottingham , think they are a better one. He said due to the surgery's being cancelled that I wont have lost my place in the que .

Offline Pammie

« Reply #548 on: November 30, 2020, 02:48:44 pm »
Nottingham , think they are a better one. He said due to the surgery's being cancelled that I wont have lost my place in the que .
Wonderful! Sadly moving GIC would be a bad idea as I’d go back to square one

Offline Megan.

• Homepage & Blog
« Reply #549 on: November 30, 2020, 03:48:43 pm »
10 weeks? I read it was over 2 years in the uk?

That is for the first appointment at a GIC following referral from a GP. Once through that and the GIC green-lights surgery (following HRT), it's actually very quick. Pre-COVID it was 6-8 weeks. It's ironic that the UK has very short waits in this respect.

"Life is a travelling to the edge of knowledge, then a leap taken." - D. H. Lawrence

Offline Pammie

« Reply #550 on: November 30, 2020, 03:54:44 pm »
That is for the first appointment at a GIC following referral from a GP. Once through that and the GIC green-lights surgery (following HRT), it's actually very quick. Pre-COVID it was 6-8 weeks. It's ironic that the UK has very short waits in this respect.

Is this really true? I’m excited by that as I’ve had my first GIS appointments already but they have said it’s a long process still !
Ooh I hope you girls are right about this!!

Offline Megan.

• Homepage & Blog
« Reply #551 on: November 30, 2020, 04:14:31 pm »

Is this really true? I’m excited by that as I’ve had my first GIS appointments already but they have said it’s a long process still !
Ooh I hope you girls are right about this!!

You still need 12 months on HRT, then, at your next GIC appointment, all going well, they'll refer you.

I was referred in July'18 by the GIC for surgery, if I'd not needed bottom hair removal I'd have had my GRS and been recovering by Xmas...

As it was, electrolysis and Covid pushed it back a good two-years. X

Offline davina61

« Reply #552 on: November 30, 2020, 04:31:45 pm »
The "roses" I made from scraps and the planter is an old colander .should look good with some trailing ivy and pansies.
As I am effectively retired that means I can have electrolysis as often as they can fit me in. Its loosing the fat that will take time, will wait till after Christmas to get serious but in the mean time will cut back and see how that works. 

Offline Megan.

• Homepage & Blog
« Reply #553 on: November 30, 2020, 04:38:41 pm »
The "roses" I made from scraps and the planter is an old colander .should look good with some trailing ivy and pansies.
As I am effectively retired that means I can have electrolysis as often as they can fit me in. Its loosing the fat that will take time, will wait till after Christmas to get serious but in the mean time will cut back and see how that works.
They look fab! Ur very talented girl. X

Offline davina61

« Reply #554 on: November 30, 2020, 04:43:29 pm »
First attempt, lucky I had some red and green aerosols and some matt lacquer so just cost time and welding materials. 

Offline JudiBlueEyes

• Family
« Reply #555 on: December 01, 2020, 09:11:53 am »
Congratulation on getting on the surgery list.  I love your fish sculpture.  The flowers are real-like!
Wind blew in, cloud was dispersed
Rainbows appearing, the pressures were burst
Breezes a-singing, now feeling good
The moment had passed like I knew that it should

Offline davina61

« Reply #556 on: December 02, 2020, 03:16:26 am »
Have another video call from GIC on Friday, that should get my signatures.
 Getting  used to my then new vary focal glasses I over balanced sitting on my toilet  and cracked the seat (months ago) last night it completely broke through!! luckily  I didnt get cut/pinched. Have to phone letting agents to see if they replace it.
BFF rang, the heater fan not working on her car again------
 Had a crowbar fall across the top of my left foot , was wearing my work boots and it was just a slight ouch at the time but think its bruised or something as foot getting painful to walk on , its when I take load off getting pain just behind toes. Looks like its an old trainer day today as I think the boots make it worse, lot better this morning after no foot wear over night. 
BTW 3 year HRT anniversary.

Offline Faith

« Reply #557 on: December 02, 2020, 07:58:55 am »
'grats on the anniversary!!

I gist that I got out of your most recent post was one of self-imposed bumps and bruises.  I was installing a 4' high chain link fence partition for my wife (she wanted the yard divided to keep the dogs away from the little ones plastic toys that they like to chew on). Anyways, I was setting one of the posts and instead of using the slide-hammer (forgot I had one) I was using a short piece of 4x4 and a small sledge to pound it in. Well, I was checking the post for level while filling around the hole and forgot about the 4x4 piece sitting on top of it. Got me a nice lump on the top of my head and some serious forum-banned words exuding from my mouth.

But .. I did get the fence done. Moral is, You may get bumps and bruises along the way but the result is worth it? Yah, I may be putting just a bit much into that story :P

Offline Pammie

Davina's Diary series 2 , the final stage.
« Reply #558 on: December 02, 2020, 08:49:53 am »
 Getting  used to my then new vary focal glasses I over balanced sitting on my toilet  and cracked the seat (months ago) last night it completely broke through!! luckily  I didnt get cut/pinched. Have to phone letting agents to see if they replace it.
 Had a crowbar fall across the top of my left foot , was wearing my work boots and it was just a slight ouch at the time but think its bruised or something as foot getting painful to walk on , its when I take load off getting pain just behind toes. Looks like its an old trainer day today as I think the boots make it worse, lot better this morning after no foot wear over night. 
Happy anniversary!
Shirt term picture - owwwww! Tough day!
Long term picture - yay!!!  Ur getting closer to your surgical goal and I imagine that 3 years in Davina is a massive evolution from 3 years ago!

Offline Megan.

• Homepage & Blog
« Reply #559 on: December 02, 2020, 08:53:23 am »
Surrey to hear about your foot, but happy anniversary, and good luck for Friday. X

Tags: