Author Topic: Davina's Diary series 2 , the final stage.  (Read 22821 times)

Offline davina61

• The ramblings of an old dear
Re: Davina's Diary series 2 , the final stage.
« Reply #580 on: December 07, 2020, 05:49:43 am »
Water back on but not strong enough to work my electric shower, still had a wash. So its turned into a dressing gown day!!!Defrosted some red pepper and butternut squash soup , needed using as been in freezer for ages. Rang mum and said , she has stuff from 2018 still frozen. FFS use it up!!! they say you should only keep stuff for a couple of months.
The amount of tinned stuff she has as well like 4 of pies, veg, soups you would expect if she lived in the wild with the chance of being snowed in but the worst we get now is a few days .
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever.
I get pushed out of shape and its hard to steer when I get rubber in all 4 gears (Beach Boys ,little deuce coupe)

Offline davina61

« Reply #581 on: December 07, 2020, 02:18:41 pm »
Thank God the waters back to full, managed a shower. Of course as soon as I put shampoo on my hair the water stopped, think it might have been a huge air lock as it cleared and was fine after a minute or so.
Clean nighty, fleecy dressing gown and feet up on recliner . Have been a lazy girl today but TBH think I needed the rest as feeling way better now.

I get pushed out of shape and its hard to steer when I get rubber in all 4 gears (Beach Boys ,little deuce coupe)

Offline Megan.

• Homepage & Blog
« Reply #582 on: December 08, 2020, 01:55:22 am »
Thank God the waters back to full, managed a shower. Of course as soon as I put shampoo on my hair the water stopped, think it might have been a huge air lock as it cleared and was fine after a minute or so.
Clean nighty, fleecy dressing gown and feet up on recliner . Have been a lazy girl today but TBH think I needed the rest as feeling way better now.
Self-care is super important, glad you're feeling improved. X

Sent from my MI 9 using Tapatalk

"Life is a travelling to the edge of knowledge, then a leap taken." - D. H. Lawrence

Offline davina61

« Reply #583 on: December 08, 2020, 04:38:57 pm »
Back to myself today, not even feeling cold in my unit. Made a very complex shape from the column shroud to dash and well chuffed (still needs a bit of fettling) . Have call from consultant about wrist in the morning and stab in't arse in afternoon (12 week anti T) so that's another day in and Thurs its a food shop .

Offline davina61

« Reply #584 on: December 09, 2020, 09:42:16 am »
Well after the WORST nights sleep ever (think I saw every o'clock !) my head was fried again, still consultant rang and there is too much arteritis in the joint to operate. Saying that they just fix the joint solid and thats no good to me. Been and had my bum stabbed ,waiting for call from doc to book me in for bloods.
 Cooked chickpea and mushroom "curry" and now have 2 pumpkin dishes on the go, well its not a "normal" pumpkin but a white fleshed gourd but it will be fine.   

Offline JudiBlueEyes

• Family
« Reply #585 on: December 09, 2020, 04:06:26 pm »
Well thats not good news!  They must be able to do something.  I hope you sleep better tonight.
Wind blew in, cloud was dispersed
Rainbows appearing, the pressures were burst
Breezes a-singing, now feeling good
The moment had passed like I knew that it should

Offline davina61

« Reply #586 on: December 10, 2020, 03:25:34 am »
All they do is fuse some joints together, I would rather have "full" movement and an ache . A lot of it is old age and after 50years on the spanners a lot of wear and tare.
Patchy cloud , breeze and high of 8C today. Found a heater unit for my Austin so its a trip to Worcester city to pick it up and then can go food shop after.

Offline Emma1017

« Reply #587 on: December 10, 2020, 07:04:52 am »
Davina it's great to get out isn't it!  I got out yesterday and drove to some shops in New Jersey and felt like I was on a vacation.  The quarantine has certainly changed perspectives.

I hope your pains subside, the heat stays on and that your showers are not rudely interrupted by lack of water or warm.  At least your Austin will have heat now!

Best regards,

Emma

The heart has reasons that reason can not understand.

My Transgender Manifesto

Offline davina61

« Reply #588 on: December 10, 2020, 08:25:09 am »
Thanks dear, yes cant wait till we get to mingle with visits to my grand kids top of the list.
 Bought some "fresh" pineapple chunks , had a few with my lunch but the rest will be soaked in butter and brown sugar then caramelized before making a cake with them.

Offline Emma1017

« Reply #589 on: December 10, 2020, 08:55:02 am »
Cooking anything sweet, one of the best parts is licking the spoon!!!!

My Transgender Manifesto

Offline davina61

« Reply #590 on: December 11, 2020, 03:24:25 am »
Well I was going to say something but after reading a few posts my dyslexic brain has forgotten what it was !!! Nothing new there as always been like this, I also get "fixed" on doing things even if its just a thought (and there is no way of doing it) and it gets stuck in my brain.
Cake came out lovely but the caramel streaks I put across the top from the remains of pineapple mix are a bit burnt, first time making caramel .
 Have 2 awkward gifts to wrap , the roses  and a lamp with shade . Thats going to take over my brain then!!

Offline davina61

« Reply #591 on: December 12, 2020, 03:44:03 am »
Bit of trouble getting to sleep again, wondering if its blue light from computer as looked at a few sites before going to bed?? Must have crashed out as woke twice with very dry mouth so recon I was driving the cows home (snoring), swig of water fixed that.
Well its blue sky this morning with they say high of 9C , time to go and work on the Austin making the dash / centre console and switch panels. Lots of head scratching me thinks!!

Offline JudiBlueEyes

• Family
« Reply #592 on: December 12, 2020, 11:34:43 am »
I do think the screen time prior to bed is the culprit!!  Have fun in the shop today!
Wind blew in, cloud was dispersed
Rainbows appearing, the pressures were burst
Breezes a-singing, now feeling good
The moment had passed like I knew that it should

Offline davina61

« Reply #593 on: December 12, 2020, 12:13:25 pm »
Head dually scratched, started making the switch panel and its a fiddle but should look fine when done. Gave up at 3.30 as it was getting cold and my hands started to seize up, clear skies tonight so good chance of very low temps but then its wet and windy tomorrow. 

Offline Emma1017

« Reply #594 on: December 12, 2020, 12:33:48 pm »
Time for a glass of wine, a big blanket and a cheesy movie Davina.

My Transgender Manifesto

Offline davina61

« Reply #595 on: December 12, 2020, 02:55:54 pm »
It was Strictly come Dancing followed by a cup of hot choc and starting in a bit the film The Shape of Water.

Offline RandyL

• On the way
« Reply #596 on: December 12, 2020, 05:53:23 pm »
Ohh I loved The Shape of Water. I hope you enjoyed it too.

My computer and phone have settings or extensions to reduce the blue colors after sunset. See if it's something you can add or turn on. It gets quite yellow near bedtime. But if you watch a movie in full screen mode it goes back to normal colors. Sometimes when it does that my eyes rebel, so the blue reduction does make a big difference.

I hope you sleep well!

Sent from my dual-floppy Victor 9000 using Tapatalk

Casting about for my best path forward...

My personal blog thread: Randy the lost traveler, finding the right road at last

My HRT thread: Randy's HRT Journal

Offline davina61

« Reply #597 on: December 13, 2020, 03:18:55 am »
Good nights kip as it was 12 by the time the film finished, got woken up by the building fire alarm at 7.45!! Some one reset it before I got dressed, burnt breakfast?? (we know the reset code as its been set off by cooking so many times) .
 Rather damp this morning , okay WET but at least its mildish . Need to box some gifts today, just hope I have enough cardboard to make some up.

Offline davina61

« Reply #598 on: December 14, 2020, 04:35:01 am »
No its not turning into a sleep diary but over slept this morning, 8.45 when I woke!! Have a voice lesson this afternoon so home day for me, time to get the Christmas decorations up and wrap some gifts.

Offline davina61

« Reply #599 on: December 14, 2020, 09:08:43 am »
Well I was supposed to have a video voice session at 2 15 but nothing happened, no link or phone call. At least I have got the tree and decorations up and wrapped some gifts , tidied up and did some washing. Lazy afternoon now------

Tags: