Author Topic: Davina's Diary series 2 , the final stage.  (Read 22875 times)

Offline Faith

Re: Davina's Diary series 2 , the final stage.
« Reply #660 on: January 08, 2021, 10:02:00 am »
collagen deficiency can cause dry heels.  I never had dry heels until HRT.  I take a collagen supplement and mine cleared up.

Offline Megan.

• Homepage & Blog
« Reply #661 on: January 08, 2021, 10:09:49 am »
collagen deficiency can cause dry heels.  I never had dry heels until HRT.  I take a collagen supplement and mine cleared up.
I put collagen powder in my morning coffee every day. The powder is tasteless, and is day it even improves the 'texture' of the coffee :-). X

Sent from my MI 9 using Tapatalk

"Life is a travelling to the edge of knowledge, then a leap taken." - D. H. Lawrence

Online davina61

• The ramblings of an old dear
« Reply #662 on: January 08, 2021, 11:56:58 am »
I have always had dry skin and its no worse now then it ever was, in fact I think its better. My dad suffered from dry skin so looks like that and baldness is what he left me!!!
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever.
I get pushed out of shape and its hard to steer when I get rubber in all 4 gears (Beach Boys ,little deuce coupe)

Online davina61

« Reply #663 on: January 09, 2021, 04:08:30 am »
Had to put the heating on low in my bedroom last night as even with a fleece blanket I was still cold, its a bit warmer today with watery sun so venturing out. Made some soup to take with a cheese sarnie , calorie reduction day one.

I get pushed out of shape and its hard to steer when I get rubber in all 4 gears (Beach Boys ,little deuce coupe)

Offline Katie Jade

« Reply #664 on: January 09, 2021, 07:33:58 pm »
Take care, I know those treacherous stairs to your Flat too well.... Keep safe dear friend.xx

TC
L & Hz

KJ
xx

Offline JudiBlueEyes

• Family
« Reply #665 on: January 09, 2021, 09:52:49 pm »
I've always had dry skin in the winter, especially on my feet.   I'll have to look into collagen. 
Wind blew in, cloud was dispersed
Rainbows appearing, the pressures were burst
Breezes a-singing, now feeling good
The moment had passed like I knew that it should

Online davina61

« Reply #666 on: January 10, 2021, 03:52:28 am »
Heal Barm works wonders and the Snowfire healing for chaps and splits has fixed it all, my fault for not putting it on soon enough. Not sure yet if I will go out today as its freezing again, 3hrs was enough for my feet yesterday . Its that concreate floor just sucks the heat, the rest of me was fine.
Will see what forecast says first, next week the road to my unit is closed for 3 days for patching /resurfacing work. 2 of those days I will be doing other stuff so thats okay, no easy way around except narrow lanes and all the locals will be using them !
Have some yogurt that needs using so I defrosted some beef and will make beef cooked in whole spices, it always tastes better after standing. There is 3 dried red chillies and 2 chopped green ones in it . Still have loads of chicken ,leek and potato pie to eat first, it came out very well as I made the recipe up. The white sauce I made (rouge) with some milk and the the fresh chicken stock worked great. Thats the end of Davina's cooking tips for today, still wishing I had someone to cook for .   

Online davina61

« Reply #667 on: January 10, 2021, 09:00:33 am »
cleaned, cooked, bored-------

Online davina61

« Reply #668 on: January 11, 2021, 03:25:01 am »
As @ pammie said this blog is more life than transioning , the only thing left as far as I am concerned is GRS . So todays bit of life, sinuses playing me up again ,ears crackling and throat gummy . Stood on scales, looks like I had a good holiday! Given myself more work to do not helped by cooking ginger cookies yesterday and eating 3 , they are rather nice with a hot choc drink.
Its warmed up today so off down the unit to make radio mounting to fit in the roof , it would look out of place in the dash.

Offline Pammie

« Reply #669 on: January 11, 2021, 08:53:14 am »
As @ pammie said this blog is more life than transioning , the only thing left as far as I am concerned is GRS . So todays bit of life, sinuses playing me up again ,ears crackling and throat gummy . Stood on scales, looks like I had a good holiday! Given myself more work to do not helped by cooking ginger cookies yesterday and eating 3 , they are rather nice with a hot choc drink.
Its warmed up today so off down the unit to make radio mounting to fit in the roof , it would look out of place in the dash.
You and I are in the same place really. I justify my blog as showing how normal life can be after going full time - even before surgery

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Online davina61

« Reply #670 on: January 12, 2021, 03:47:54 am »
That's the thing, if you treat things as normal then everyone else treats you as normal. Getting some exercise in today as have Christmas tree to put back in garage and bags of recycling to take out, that's 3 trips down and up the stairs . As Katie said a few posts back those stairs!! last flight is very steep and narrow , normal for 2nd floor of a Victorian building. Will need my fish oil capsule today to oil my joints. My other job for today is deciphering the wiring diagram for my hot rod, had to wear 2 pairs of glasses to see it for colour codes due to print being so small. 

Offline TSL_NB

« Reply #671 on: January 12, 2021, 04:10:14 am »
That's the thing, if you treat things as normal then everyone else treats you as normal. Getting some exercise in today as have Christmas tree to put back in garage and bags of recycling to take out, that's 3 trips down and up the stairs . As Katie said a few posts back those stairs!! last flight is very steep and narrow , normal for 2nd floor of a Victorian building. Will need my fish oil capsule today to oil my joints. My other job for today is deciphering the wiring diagram for my hot rod, had to wear 2 pairs of glasses to see it for colour codes due to print being so small.

I am an adherent to my fish oil supplements (and, actually eating fish as often as I can).  :)
It took over 40 years to realise, and believe, that what I am NOT, is a mistake.

(Yes, I'm a Canadian who served in the US Navy....)

Online davina61

« Reply #672 on: January 12, 2021, 06:05:19 am »
Well that got the blood pumping , now my brains pumping after looking at the wiring-----------

Offline JudiBlueEyes

• Family
« Reply #673 on: January 12, 2021, 07:49:47 pm »
That's the thing, if you treat things as normal then everyone else treats you as normal.

So true! 
Wind blew in, cloud was dispersed
Rainbows appearing, the pressures were burst
Breezes a-singing, now feeling good
The moment had passed like I knew that it should

Online davina61

« Reply #674 on: January 14, 2021, 03:48:10 am »
Looks like I have to get onto the water company again, not enough pressure to run my electric shower. It has a gauge and it keeps going into the red so first you get burnt and then froze as it turns heater off, was "fun" this morning shaving my legs .
Weather is all over the place, 10c this morning with some rain dropping down to 3C by this afternoon and rain could turn to snow. Dry at the moment , off shopping for food with mum (where did that week go?) and will be looking for low calorie treats . According to the book I have grapes are okay so that will be my "pudding" . Trouble is I do like a nice pud apple pie/crumble (rhubarb crumble is my #1) . Scales were going the right way this morning, just need to be more active and was thinking getting my steps out the cupboard and using them as step up  exercise.

Online davina61

« Reply #675 on: January 14, 2021, 12:33:35 pm »
So chased up my payment from work, found out it had been paid BUT they took out 1781.25 in sick pay "over payment" , great as they only paid me 1686.71------ doodies hit the fan. E Mails sent!!

Online davina61

« Reply #676 on: January 17, 2021, 03:59:51 am »
checked my payslip again, the final amount doesn't match the amounts in the columns . When I add it up, allowance minus (as my final month finished on 20th) 10 days plus sick pay minus unpaid sick plus holiday and lieu works out as twice the amount paid <I don't understand>! They are checking it.
  Frosty start this morning but sky is clear so sun will heat my unit a bit, have been working out wiring for hot rod the last few days. Getting my head around it removing all the stuff not needed from the donner car extra switches, heater wiring and things like that. Today my challenge is to work out window and centre locking , think my head will be hurting later.
 Good thing I like problem solving , just wished my brain worked better as the dyslexia makes it fuddled and forgetful and that in turn makes me lazy. TBH this morning I could just stay on the sofa in my jimjams feeling despondent but I will force myself to get going , 10 am already!!!

Offline Emma1017

« Reply #677 on: January 17, 2021, 11:58:50 am »
I totally agree with Judi, Davina you nailed it with: "That's the thing, if you treat things as normal then everyone else treats you as normal."

I read it todays paper that England is going to get a lot of snow.  Glad I am not vacationing in balmy Madrid!  A foot of snow...unbelievable!
  The heart has reasons that reason can not understand.

My Transgender Manifesto

Online davina61

« Reply #678 on: January 17, 2021, 02:35:20 pm »
Snow has been last week, missed it here. Very heavy rain for next 3 days though.

Online davina61

« Reply #679 on: January 18, 2021, 05:34:30 am »
Vertigo /inner ear infection again, woke in night for a wee and was so out of balance I staggered across room and crashed into wardrobe . Had to hold onto stuff to get to toilet!! slept through till 9am then. Its calmed down a bit now but still rough making me feel sick, taken pills and on my recliner still in my PJs . Need to keep my eyes shut to stop head spinning , hope it goes soon.

Tags: