Author Topic: Young Australian Transgender woman receives Australia Day Award  (Read 347 times)

Offline KennaL

Young Australian Transgender woman receives Australia Day Award
« on: January 26, 2020, 01:25:01 am »
Some good news!
A young (19-year old) Australian transgender woman, Georgie Stone, and her mother, Rebekah Robertson, have both been made Members of the Order of Australia for their work in service to the trans and gender-diverse communities.

A Google search on Georgie Stone will quickly provide a lot of info about her work and achievements.

The following are a couple of Australia Day news articles that mention her:
https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2020/jan/25/australia-day-honours-list-jane-turner-and-campbell-newman-among-2020-recipients
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-01-26/australia-day-honours-list-keith-urban-rachel-griffiths-awarded/11898344 (scroll down a fair way)

-Kenna

The Guardian/By Stephanie Zillman

ABC News/
« Last Edit: February 04, 2020, 05:49:37 pm by stephaniec »

Offline Allie Jayne

Re: Young Australian Transgender woman receives Australia Day Award
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2020, 02:26:30 am »
Kenna, I heard on ABC radio today the Carlotta was also honoured, so that makes 2 trans people on the honours list! It shows how the Australian community is accepting trans people more.

Allie

Offline KennaL

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2020, 02:54:51 am »
Hi Allie,
I hadn't heard about Carlotta.  Its good to know.  :D
Thanks!

(Although I've no idea who Naaman Zhou is, who has been inserted into my post, presumably by a moderator, but without letting me know.)

Cheers,
-Kenna

Offline Allie Jayne

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2020, 03:17:11 am »
Hi Allie,
I hadn't heard about Carlotta.  Its good to know.  :D
Thanks!

(Although I've no idea who Naaman Zhou is, who has been inserted into my post, presumably by a moderator, but without letting me know.)

Cheers,
-Kenna

Kenna, Naaman Zhou is the author of the article you linked. Maybe it came from the link? Can't imagine why a Mod would add it...

Alli

Tags: