General Discussions > Hair Care

Hair loss solutions?

(1/11) > >>

Rachel Montgomery:
I am just about completely bald.  Does anyone know what the best solution is for me?  I doubt there is enough hair to transplant.  I assume I would need a hairpiece or wig.  I have seen commercials where people swim in their hair pieces.  Does anyone here have actual experience with prosthetic hair replacement options?  What do you recommend I look into?

ChrissyRyan:
Finasteride may help to a small degree.
If transplants are impractical then I guess maybe wigs would be another way to go.

Chrissy

Rachel Montgomery:

--- Quote from: ChrissyRyan on February 06, 2020, 05:35:49 pm ---Finasteride may help to a small degree.
If transplants are impractical then I guess maybe wigs would be another way to go.

Chrissy

--- End quote ---

I think I am beyond the point of Finasteride.  I am more asking about weaves, hair pieces and extensions. 

Jane.Shannon:
Hi Rachel,
A weave or extensions require some hair to attach too, so they might not work.  Many surgeons who perform hair restoration offer free consults, so they would only take your time.  Lowering your testosterone level can stop hair loss and restore some hair, have you started HRT yet?
Take Care,
Jane

LaRae:

--- Quote from: Rachel Montgomery on February 06, 2020, 06:04:20 pm ---I think I am beyond the point of Finasteride.  I am more asking about weaves, hair pieces and extensions.

--- End quote ---

These are real results:

Not everyone has this much effect but it's possible. Even without the Finasteride, just with Estrogen & T-blockers. Don't write yourself off.

I personally have had significant regrowth. I was never bald, but I went from thick ringlets to quite thin & wispy. I had already been on HRT for a few months, but in this pic you can kinda see how wispy & thin it was:

Within about 6 months of estrogen, my hair looked like this:

Still not the thickest, but a huge improvement.  6 more months & added finasteride & now I'm here:

I'd say it's about 85 to 90% where it was before it ever started thinning. It is possible. I was considering the wig route myself before all this.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version