General Discussions > Hair Care

Hair loss solutions?

<< < (11/11)

madeleine:
Kate.claire,  LaRae,  I'm screaming inside when I read your posts about loss after gain! Good luck, I hope you both get everything back!

LaRae:
So I just realized something. A lot of what I'm losing, though certainly not all, has been quite short, very fine & thin hairs. like 3-4 inches, whereas most of my hair's nearly 12'. I've begun to wonder if this isn't the shedding I've heard about that happens with Finasteride before it grows back thicker. I'm certainly hoping that'a the case. Either way, Minodixil & an orchiectomy are on the horizon, because I will not just let it go.

Alice:
LaRae,

I have been using Finasteride for around 4.5 years. I had a lot of baby fine hair on top of my head which is gradually changing adult hair. I am hoping the wait will be worth it as I think in the end I will have good coverage on top.

Alice

Kate.claire:

--- Quote from: LaRae on August 25, 2020, 05:14:20 pm ---So I just realized something. A lot of what I'm losing, though certainly not all, has been quite short, very fine & thin hairs. like 3-4 inches, whereas most of my hair's nearly 12'. I've begun to wonder if this isn't the shedding I've heard about that happens with Finasteride before it grows back thicker. I'm certainly hoping that'a the case. Either way, Minodixil & an orchiectomy are on the horizon, because I will not just let it go.

--- End quote ---

Actually, that's generally the case for me as well.  Light thin ones of shorter length.  I've yet to see the longer thick ones give up the ghost.  I don't know what to make of it just yet... hopefully you are right on the shedding front.  I'm just over a year into both Finasteride and Minoxidil.  I had really low T levels, but I figured it couldn't hurt, and didn't want to wonder "what if".  Going to try PRP soon too, it's mixed on results, but I can afford to waste the money, and I'll do anything short of a hair transplant to get what I can back.  Just don't want the big scar on the back of my head if I ever decide it's not good enough and shave it again.  The FUE method is not likely to yield enough donor hairs. Rather spend the money on an orchi also, maybe then I could cut all Finasteride and just have to take E injections from now on.

Such a slow process, I need to not look in the mirror for another 6 months, but that's impossible given how vain I am.  Vain and self-critical... I'm so much fun!  ;D

Best wishes LaRae, don't let that gorgeous hair go away!

Sarah-Red:
I've been looking into hair transplants, because I really want hair on my head. But I think it'll just be too expensive unless I can make some money. And I'm not really up to the kinds of jobs around here. Not sure what I'm gonna do yet.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version